fiduciary

Author Topic: Relieve your stress and VENT thread  (Read 239316 times)

Offline Elandron

• Experienced Force User
  • "You must unlearn what you have learned."
Re: Relieve your stress and VENT thread
« Reply #330 on: August 06, 2009, 01:56:18 PM »
Heck, I don't approve of Obama, but that was one thing he did was sign into passage a bunch of legislation for college students.

On a related note... I've been working with the DOL trying to get the new TAA/TRA benefits up and going for our group.  The state's unemployment office even mentioned in our meeting this morning that we were only the 2nd group to be approved under the new regulations - they themselves were still trying to get a "grasp" of the policies and procedures.  There are so many new "regulations" and programs... dig, dig, dig, then dig some more.  You will find some very beneficial!  Just because one person tells you no, or there is no such thing... ask a few more people.  And good luck!

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #331 on: August 06, 2009, 04:47:02 PM »
Wheres the search feature?! Ugh.
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

MR Sabers: Dual Darth Maul 2006 **stolen** :'(
Grayven "Original"
"The Chosen" by Ben Kenobi
Static RLSA "Nameless" (gift from Vosk)

Offline Amptrooper

• Master Force User
  • Imperial Royal Arms SaberSmith AmpTrooper Sabers
    • Imperial Royal Arms
« Reply #332 on: August 06, 2009, 08:27:44 PM »
Sorry, I just need to vent a bit.
I am so sick of my crutches and being a cripple. This is all just not me. I was active and on my way to my dream job. Now this.
(for those that do not know my story, I posted a few pages before)
So far we have lost our home because of this and had to move our finances as the worst they have ever been. My wife works so hard  and is now having to take a second job. We have to keep writing bad checks and putting ourselves further in the hole just to make up for the week before. I can't work so I have little to contribute. I was thinking about offering my services here to do custom work but it seems as if there are plenty doing that already. Now tomorrow I have to go to my doctors office and argue with him about what I want for my life. He tells me I want to keep my leg and keep getting surgeries. I tell him I am ready to walk without my foot and lower leg swelling up like a balloon. I am tired of the constant pain. I am sick of living with this dead tree of a leg. Let me move on with my life.
I pray and ask God for help and I know he hears me. He has already done so much for us. I just don't know his will right now. Seems to me that when I pray about all this I find myself being introduced to another amputee who is telling me that at this point they would seek an amputation. I know that is hard for some of you to understand but when you look at your kids growing up before your eyes and you can't run out to play with them or you see the frustration of your wife who is working so hard to keep us afloat only to find bigger holes in the boat every week and you know that amputation may have you back up and going with in 6 to 9 months, it starts looking pretty good. You know, before this happened we were doing fairly well. So, we decided to help a kid out and sponsored a child in India. Her family was so happy to have us and continue to write to us even tho we can't help them right now. I hate that.  I hate that a lot. It's not their fault. It's not my kids fault or my wife. It's mine. And that hurts. I am suppose to take care of my family. 
Well, I'll get off of here and stop complaining. There are certainly people with more problems than me. I just needed to let it out and my wife and kids just don't need to here it right now. They need to be focused on school, work and family time.
Anyone who prays I just ask that if you could, please say a prayer for me at the doctors tomorrow. Thanks and God bless!

Offline Delta48

• Mascot Clone Trooper
  • Master Force User
« Reply #333 on: August 06, 2009, 11:30:29 PM »
Sorry, I just need to vent a bit.
I am so sick of my crutches and being a cripple. This is all just not me. I was active and on my way to my dream job. Now this.
(for those that do not know my story, I posted a few pages before)
So far we have lost our home because of this and had to move our finances as the worst they have ever been. My wife works so hard  and is now having to take a second job. We have to keep writing bad checks and putting ourselves further in the hole just to make up for the week before. I can't work so I have little to contribute. I was thinking about offering my services here to do custom work but it seems as if there are plenty doing that already. Now tomorrow I have to go to my doctors office and argue with him about what I want for my life. He tells me I want to keep my leg and keep getting surgeries. I tell him I am ready to walk without my foot and lower leg swelling up like a balloon. I am tired of the constant pain. I am sick of living with this dead tree of a leg. Let me move on with my life.
I pray and ask God for help and I know he hears me. He has already done so much for us. I just don't know his will right now. Seems to me that when I pray about all this I find myself being introduced to another amputee who is telling me that at this point they would seek an amputation. I know that is hard for some of you to understand but when you look at your kids growing up before your eyes and you can't run out to play with them or you see the frustration of your wife who is working so hard to keep us afloat only to find bigger holes in the boat every week and you know that amputation may have you back up and going with in 6 to 9 months, it starts looking pretty good. You know, before this happened we were doing fairly well. So, we decided to help a kid out and sponsored a child in India. Her family was so happy to have us and continue to write to us even tho we can't help them right now. I hate that.  I hate that a lot. It's not their fault. It's not my kids fault or my wife. It's mine. And that hurts. I am suppose to take care of my family. 
Well, I'll get off of here and stop complaining. There are certainly people with more problems than me. I just needed to let it out and my wife and kids just don't need to here it right now. They need to be focused on school, work and family time.
Anyone who prays I just ask that if you could, please say a prayer for me at the doctors tomorrow. Thanks and God bless!

i see what your talking about, my mom has the same problem sort of except its rsd rsd stands for reflex sympathetic distrophy her leg really swells because if walked on alot it swells and i will pray for you and your family

Offline Master Jedye

• The Master of the School for the Dremel-Fu Gifted
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Master Jedye
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #334 on: August 07, 2009, 06:37:06 AM »

Done.  It's in His hands....just trust.

First place winner in the 19 BBY \"Mustafar LavaRock Belly Crawl\"

Offline Jasher Kain

• Master Force User
  • A Knight of the Old Republic
« Reply #335 on: August 07, 2009, 08:37:49 AM »
Anyone who prays I just ask that if you could, please say a prayer for me at the doctors tomorrow. 
Done...and I'll keep doing so. You're a real trooper...and He will grant you the strength and wisdom you need. ;)

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #336 on: August 07, 2009, 11:59:30 AM »
Amp:

There is no "fault".  Your situation is what it is, don't put more pressure on yourself by feeling guilty about it.  I'm sure you're the only one that feels that you are to blame for all this.  Don't feel bad that you can't sponsor the child in India at the moment.  You helped them when you could, and that's more than other people ever do.

Things will turn around for you, I'm sure of it.  You're strong, you have your family, and your faith, and the support of this community.

As for offering your services, there's nothing to lose by offering, right?  From what I've seen of the sabersmiths here, every one has their own 'style' and/or niche.  Who's to say that we're just waiting for you to fill yours?

I'll be thinking of you.  Check in often!

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline The Highwayman

• Formerly known as Caden
  • Master Force User
  • Political Thread Pioneer #1
« Reply #337 on: August 07, 2009, 12:05:58 PM »
I recommend you offer your services. I don't know what they are in specific, but like Barriss said, it doesn't hurt to try.

I will pray for you my friend. ;) 8)

"It's obvious that the price of this game cannot be determined by our knowledge of fair market value, but by our skills with a lightsaber." - Obi-wan (Jedimoves)

Offline Amptrooper

• Master Force User
  • Imperial Royal Arms SaberSmith AmpTrooper Sabers
    • Imperial Royal Arms
« Reply #338 on: August 11, 2009, 08:53:04 PM »
I just want to thank everyone for your kind words and prayers.
I did have my Dr. appointment. He said that he would like to try to do another bone graft and clean the tissue out of my ankle in hopes to get it to move. The surgery still puts me at risk for an amputation. It's 50/50 right now. I could however, have my ankle freed up if the surgery works and I would be walking without crutches again. I would most likely have to be with a cane for the rest of my life. Hey, look at Yoda! He had a cane and could still kick some major butt! Anakin was an amputee and he was awesome with a saber! So, there is hope for me yet! ;D 
If the surgery does  not work then the only other thing we are doing is the amputation. My surgery will be in September.
I am good with keeping my leg and at this point I am good with the amputation as well. I just want to walk and get back to helping my family!
I will be offering some custom sabers and custom work soon. I have two projects that I want to get done first to use in my portfolio as examples.
I am also thankful for the Fx-Sabers Forum. The people I have met here so far are wonderful selfless people with great hearts!
God bless you all!

Offline Master Durangus

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Graphics Designer
    • Durangus Designs on IRA
« Reply #339 on: August 11, 2009, 10:04:54 PM »
Praying for you bro. As Casey said, it's in His hands, the hands of the healer who knows every hair on our heads and every blood cell in our bodies.

-Graphic Designer (See Bottom Link)-

The Forgotten Jedi....
-Alexander Durangus-

MD's Digital Porfolio

Offline Sidneyious

• Alias......Ninja of the Mist
  • Master Force User
    • Blog of my saber builds.
« Reply #340 on: August 13, 2009, 12:01:03 AM »
Ok so I dont talk about myself much as many of the oldys know but I feel I need to get this off my chest.

Now for the past what 2 months I have been helping a freind out by watching her kid while shes at work. Now she doesent pay much but that never really bothered me. I got smokes, food and slept on teh couch.

But Her "mother" moved in and I think one of her kids is moving in as well. Nothing was discussed with me about this and what changes would be made.
Now I was going to play a video game but she told me I couldent cause she was going to clean the house up and steam clean the floors. whatever ok. So I was going to try to sleep then. nope cant do that cause she just has to move the couch. Clean around it!

So they took all night. I was susposed to be asleep hours ago so I said screw it and went got a sandwhich in a can, did my laundry and had something to eat.....she still wasent done and the seccond my friend left for work she started acting like she owned the place.

Now to open the window a bit so you can see why I am pissed her "mother" isent her mother. she jus kinda took care of my friend and her brother when her real mom wasent being a ..... well I cant say that word.

Her real mom has only been back in her life for about 2 years now bu her real mom is way nicer than this person. I have more of a stake to do what I want in that house than she does cause for the fact that she is no way leagally connected to my friend that I childsit for.

I dident want to put up with it so as soon as my clothes were done in the dryer I packed up and came to my home, when my friend gets home I will talk to her and see whats going to go on. cause if shes going to be there, not working or doing anything then she can watch the kid. I will not have someone breathing down my neck telling me whats going on when I know full well whats going on more than she does. I dont like that sort of thing and I would rather just get out and not deal with it cause I dont want to make it my problem.

The situation I was in was great somewhat till it was unanounced to me what was going on. I should be keyed in the loup. So i guess if things are not going to workout the way we had planned cause of this sharliten(sp) then I will go back to being a lazy bum and get a real job. I am more than willing to help out my friends in anyway I can but I will not put up with that kinda stuff.

Now if it was her real mother moing in then I could deal with it cause shes cool and works but I will not sit around and let someone thats not blood or leagally bonded to my friend act like she owns the place cause she dosent. xxx my friends name isent on the deed to the house, her real mother and decesed father is. she dosent have the money and such to go through thte legal things to change the names.

So untill I know whats going on wha thappens over there is not my problem. and what buggs me is I got everything but my brush!

Offline Torinn Zoler

• Formerly known as Ben Skywalker
  • Master Force User
  • I ain't seen it all, but I've sure seen alot of it
« Reply #341 on: August 18, 2009, 05:29:48 PM »
It's been a while, but I need say this or I'm going to go bonkers.  :P

Well, the school year's starting up again for me. Yay. This means I get to wake up at 6:30 every day, go see a bunch of psychopathic, perverted idiots who can't tell the difference between a Luke ANH and a Luke ESB (not what they know what Star Wars is anyway), and sit alone in a classroom without any of my friends in it.  :'(

This is going to be such a fuuuuuunnnnn year.  >:( >:(

"Turning the whole world Luxeon-lit, one shattered lightbulb at a time."

Offline The Highwayman

• Master Force User
« Reply #342 on: August 18, 2009, 05:32:06 PM »

Well, the school year's starting up again for me. Yay. This means I get to wake up at 6:30 every day, go see a bunch of psychopathic, perverted idiots who can't tell the difference between a Luke ANH and a Luke ESB (not what they know what Star Wars is anyway), and sit alone in a classroom without any of my friends in it.  :'(

Your not alone. (as for the lightsaber thing, most kids don't care. Don't even bring it up. If your smart, you'll realize it's more trouble than it's worth.) ;) ::) I learned that real fast. I only discuss it with my closest friends now. Which means everyone knows, but no one cares. :D

"It's obvious that the price of this game cannot be determined by our knowledge of fair market value, but by our skills with a lightsaber." - Obi-wan (Jedimoves)

Offline Torinn Zoler

• Formerly known as Ben Skywalker
  • Master Force User
  • I ain't seen it all, but I've sure seen alot of it
« Reply #343 on: August 18, 2009, 05:36:15 PM »

Your not alone. (as for the lightsaber thing, most kids don't care. Don't even bring it up. If your smart, you'll realize it's more trouble than it's worth.) ;) ::) I learned that real fast. I only discuss it with my closest friends now. Which means everyone knows, but no one cares. :D

Excatly, Caden. I was just throwing out the Luke thing as an example.  :-\

"Turning the whole world Luxeon-lit, one shattered lightbulb at a time."

Offline The Highwayman

• Master Force User
« Reply #344 on: August 18, 2009, 05:42:33 PM »
One of my associate thought my lightsaber was a messed up florescent light. :D Pretty sad. All my other friends call them "warp lights", "Nerd toys". or just lightsabers. :D

(But they love me, and they know it.)

I'm a little peeved at having painted both my new PVC Hilts 3 times a piece now. I'm goign to wait a week, before handling either of them, even to install electronics.

retrousse