fiduciary

Author Topic: Relieve your stress and VENT thread  (Read 239297 times)

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
Re: Relieve your stress and VENT thread
« Reply #300 on: August 03, 2009, 07:13:48 PM »
Once again, I have some stress, I just had a one of the WORST days at work in years, and also some furr has just now has put the icing on the cake so forgive me while I scream digitaly  ;)

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTTTTWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKKKKTTTTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSWWWWWWRRRR
RRRRRRLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSSSSAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:'(  :'(  :'(  >:(  >:(  >:(

Ahh, now I feel better  ;D, and I am applying to a new job as we speak, please forgive the outburst Masters, I realy like this Thread  ;).

That is NOT how you reply to a PM, ....a CORDIAL PM at that!

Enough
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 07:18:14 PM by CHEWBACCA »

Offline Darth Wraith

• Master Force User
  • Everything Burns
    • Darth Wraith at Star Wars Space.net
« Reply #301 on: August 03, 2009, 07:27:53 PM »
Once again, I have some stress, I just had a one of the WORST days at work in years, and also some furr has just now has put the icing on the cake so forgive me while I scream digitaly  ;)

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTTTTWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKKKKTTTTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSWWWWWWRRRR
RRRRRRLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSSSSAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:'(  :'(  :'(  >:(  >:(  >:(

Ahh, now I feel better  ;D, and I am applying to a new job as we speak, please forgive the outburst Masters, I realy like this Thread  ;).

That is NOT how you reply to a PM, ....a CORDIAL PM at that!

Enough

Umm, I didn't even realize you sent me a message Chewy, the "fur" that I was refering to, was my dog (Spero) who just chewed the poop (once again tying to keep it G in here  ;)) out of my Luke IV which I gave a custom paint job to which I called it the "Dark Luke" (I painted some pieces black, and it looked great until now  :-\ ).  I just finished the work yesterday, and I was looking forward to seeing the paint dry, but my puppy saw differently  :'( lol, thats life.

As for your pm chewy, I will see what it was about and give you a reply in about 5 seconds, sorry if you got the wrong idea  :).

I Am the Lord of Shadow, Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness, So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light.

Offline ArkaiHalon

• Stand Maker to the Stars!
  • Force User
« Reply #302 on: August 03, 2009, 07:55:58 PM »
The dog ate your saber.

Why was your saber where the dog could get to it if it was freshly painted?

That has got to be one of the most creative excuses I've ever heard.

not really.

Offline Darth Wraith

• Master Force User
  • Everything Burns
« Reply #303 on: August 03, 2009, 08:51:46 PM »
The dog ate your saber.

Why was your saber where the dog could get to it if it was freshly painted?

That has got to be one of the most creative excuses I've ever heard.

not really.

I know you may not believe me, but my puppy Spero, (who is a Beagle, LOVES LOVES LOVES to climb the dinner table, which is where the saber was).  Normaly this would be the perfect place for my saber, because my puppy would be in his house (kennel) and my girl friend would be at work.  Today she had the day off, and Spero was out of his house, he then proceded to take his rage against my hobby out on my newly compelted saber. 

TRUE STORY PROMISE  ;D

I Am the Lord of Shadow, Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness, So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light.

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #304 on: August 03, 2009, 09:29:03 PM »
Not looking forward to another year of school and I havent  been able to register till tomorrow :'( Classes start on the 17th...
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

MR Sabers: Dual Darth Maul 2006 **stolen** :'(
Grayven "Original"
"The Chosen" by Ben Kenobi
Static RLSA "Nameless" (gift from Vosk)

Offline The Highwayman

• Formerly known as Caden
  • Master Force User
  • Political Thread Pioneer #1
« Reply #305 on: August 04, 2009, 07:42:55 AM »
I need pics of the chewed saber to believe it... ;) ::)

Shaak Ti, I understand your pain. We don't get our course schedules for high school until the first day this year. Then they cut teachers, added to the building... so I'm going to be totally lost... I need a Jedi to guide me towards the light. :D

"It's obvious that the price of this game cannot be determined by our knowledge of fair market value, but by our skills with a lightsaber." - Obi-wan (Jedimoves)

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #306 on: August 04, 2009, 01:53:12 PM »
My 3rd year and I got 3 more and an Art Institute :'( I hate school, but its the only door I have for a better if not improved life.
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

Grayven "Original"

Offline Master Jedye

• The Master of the School for the Dremel-Fu Gifted
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Master Jedye
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #307 on: August 04, 2009, 03:44:30 PM »
My 3rd year and I got 3 more and an Art Institute :'( I hate school, but its the only door I have for a better if not improved life.

Good things come to those who wait.  Be mindful of the "destination"....but enjoy the "journey".

First place winner in the 19 BBY \"Mustafar LavaRock Belly Crawl\"

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #308 on: August 04, 2009, 05:29:24 PM »
the journey Id rather bypass, but with study and knowledge comes power...no matter how much getting there bites. Oh and doctor appointments...blah!

Grayven "Original"

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #309 on: August 04, 2009, 05:30:33 PM »
 ;)

enjoy today!!Worry not about tomorrow!!it will work out little lady!! ;)

Offline Master Jedye

• The Master of the School for the Dremel-Fu Gifted
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Master Jedye
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #310 on: August 04, 2009, 05:34:49 PM »
the journey Id rather bypass, but with study and knowledge comes power...no matter how much getting there bites. Oh and doctor appointments...blah!

I know it's hard to see it now...but you'll look back on these days and think..."Ahhhh.....good times, good times".  (except for the doctor stuff....I remember your condition....hope you're getting better)

First place winner in the 19 BBY \"Mustafar LavaRock Belly Crawl\"

Offline DARTH MAUL

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • At last we shall have our revenge....
« Reply #311 on: August 04, 2009, 05:46:50 PM »
I'm sitting here coughing my head off. My coworker last week came in sick and passed viral bronchitis all around. I had a high fever and stuff last week that I got rid of quick so thought it was gone. Well unknown to me it then settles in after about 7-10 days and starts to really tear up your respiratory system. Plus being a viral infection there isn't much you can do but ride it out. Needless to say if lightsabers were real my sith side woudl have removed my coworkers head with it  >:(  :-[ :-\

Offline Darth Raijlin

• Great Sith Leader and Hero
  • Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
    • White Dragon Academy
« Reply #312 on: August 04, 2009, 05:48:33 PM »
Well, getting ready to start my senior year of my Bachelors here and I thought I was getting tired of school.

Throughout the course of this internship at the corporate office of a major bank, it has reinvigorated my desire to stay in school.  

I figure...with the economy the way it is, and the fact that it won't truly bottom out until late into 2010 due to many variables (causing this recession/depression to actually be a double dip bottom out) plus the encouragement of my two mentors to stay in school, I'm looking forward to continuing on directly into my Masters or Law School.  I haven't firmly decided yet.  There aren't many universities near me that offer a Masters in Financial Economics.  I'd have to move back east across NC towards Raleigh to attend NC State.  Not a great thing uprooting 3 children, a wife, and my little girl due in December.

So that's why I'm considering an MBA or Law School.

Only thing I can think of is find something you can do to "put things in perspective" for you.  After getting out of the military, it put into perspective that I wanted to go back and get my education.  After getting stressed after 3 years of schooling and striving to maintain as near a perfect 4.0 as I could, the internship was a good "break" for me over the summer.  I realize that the day to day grind, at least of that part of banking, is NOT what I wanted.

LOL ...  Good thing I realized that now than before I graduate in a year.  Good pay isn't the only requirement I'm looking for.

As far as personal stress...I'd like to smack the VA Representatives that thought up the idea of allowing subcontracted third-party doctors the ability to do our "analysis" for our disability ratings.  Due to some guy who spent less than 30 minutes on me, didn't do anything but eye-ball the measurements and walk me through my "check-up", and the fact that he couldn't even type up the report correctly, I get a letter from the VA saying they are considering lowering my disability from 90% to 70%, a loss of $500 per month.  (Major hit for someone who has 3 children with one on the way, a wife, and a daughter from a former marriage.)

Good thing is, back in 2004 they tried doing this to me when I requested an increase from 60%.  AT that time, they sent me to a subcontractor too who failed at a proper review, it literally took her less than 7 minutes to evalute me.  Got a letter back saying we are considering reducing you from 60 to 40%.  Took me a year and a half.  Had to drive 6 hours to Winston-Salem at that time for an appeals hearing.  Went on record with my statement and my wife's.  Get a second "proper" evalution that took the doctor 55 minutes to do where he broke out measuring equipment and everything to measure angles.  Get a letter from the VA a couple months after that saying that they apologized and found that the first doctor's evalution was truly in error, and that not only were they keeping me at 60% but my injuries HAD in fact gotten worse and they were increasing me to 90%, eligible for 100% unemployability (which I never took the 100% because I wanted the motivation to get out there and attempt to work and do something.)

So ... the positive note I guess is that I've been through the bureaucratic red tape before, so I was more prepared this time.  At this evalution, I took my wife and she went in with me and witnessed everything, just in case something like this occurred again.

Funny part.  If a vet is over 30% disabled, then 10+10 doesn't equal 20 anymore.  They use a chart to determine your pay.  Each of my injuries add up to 170%, but I'm only getting paid for 90%.  LOL... this doesn't even include the PTSD and Anger issues, and Diabetes incurred due to the time in the military.

My wife keeps reminding me to take my meds and say "wu-sah" and not get stressed and angered over it.  Kind of tough some days when you know your children may suffer for it.

Ah well ... Life is full of stupid people getting paid low level government wages and just going through the motions to collect said wages.

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #313 on: August 04, 2009, 07:19:34 PM »
Life is a wonderful thing, isnt it? Heg. Yeah right ::)

Grayven "Original"

Offline Darth Wraith

• Master Force User
  • Everything Burns
« Reply #314 on: August 04, 2009, 08:47:19 PM »
Life is a wonderful thing, isnt it? Heg. Yeah right ::)

To Quote Metallica's song no leaf clover:  "When it comes to being at the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, it's just a freight train comin your way"

retrousse