fiduciary

Author Topic: Relieve your stress and VENT thread  (Read 239494 times)

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
Re: Relieve your stress and VENT thread
« Reply #270 on: July 25, 2009, 10:01:26 AM »
Look at it this way, at least you've dated. At least you've had someone love you, someone who - at least at one point - cared about you...someone who you could dote on and treat like she's worth, raising her so high above yourself....at least you had that. My vent? I never have...no girl has ever loved me, I've never dated and I've never felt like a girl cared about me....at times I question if that will always be the case....I console myself that she's out there somewhere...but sometimes I just think it's all in my head....and tonight is one of those times.

I know what you mean....... :'(

hey guys come on dont give up hope. theres someone out there for every one. as for my vent. i think my scorpion died today. he hasent moved in three days...:'(

Never knew anyone who had a scorpion  :o, anyway, my vent, I crashed my new car, next...  :-[

Offline The Highwayman

• Formerly known as Caden
  • Master Force User
  • Political Thread Pioneer #1
« Reply #271 on: July 25, 2009, 10:11:40 AM »
Look at it this way, at least you've dated. At least you've had someone love you, someone who - at least at one point - cared about you...someone who you could dote on and treat like she's worth, raising her so high above yourself....at least you had that. My vent? I never have...no girl has ever loved me, I've never dated and I've never felt like a girl cared about me....at times I question if that will always be the case....I console myself that she's out there somewhere...but sometimes I just think it's all in my head....and tonight is one of those times.

hey guys come on dont give up hope. theres someone out there for every one. as for my vent. i think my scorpion died today. he hasent moved in three days...:'(

So, why don't you poke him and find out? :D ;D With a stick of course. or is this a tame scorpion? ;) :o

"It's obvious that the price of this game cannot be determined by our knowledge of fair market value, but by our skills with a lightsaber." - Obi-wan (Jedimoves)

Offline Darth Vane

• Force User
  • me with my MR Luke ANH
« Reply #272 on: July 25, 2009, 12:01:35 PM »

So, why don't you poke him and find out? :D ;D With a stick of course. or is this a tame scorpion? ;) :o
har har. no man no scorpion can be tamed. i just have a black emperor scorpion. the venom cant kill but it hurts like no other ( trust me on this ok) lol.
Those Who Live in Darkness Wander Aimlessly....

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #273 on: July 25, 2009, 05:41:00 PM »
Sorry to hear about your car Chancellor.  :'(  I remember how excited you were when you got it.   I hope no one was hurt.  :-\

Offline Master Durangus

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Graphics Designer
    • Durangus Designs on IRA
« Reply #274 on: July 25, 2009, 06:30:44 PM »
Ah man :-\ sorry about the car, Chancellor....that's gotta stink...I'm still on the usual vent, being jobless....I've applied for as many jobs as I could, even very small, low-down jobs and I haven't even moved to an interview stage! It's quite annoying to not be making any money ::).

-Graphic Designer (See Bottom Link)-

The Forgotten Jedi....
-Alexander Durangus-

MD's Digital Porfolio

Offline Gallius Vain

• Formerly known as Sylus Seynar
  • Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #275 on: July 27, 2009, 10:34:13 PM »
109 today in oregon and my power went our for 6 hours. not the best day ive ever had....

Offline Darth Vane

• Force User
  • me with my MR Luke ANH
« Reply #276 on: July 28, 2009, 03:07:52 PM »
109 today in oregon and my power went our for 6 hours. not the best day ive ever had....

know that sucks man.
Those Who Live in Darkness Wander Aimlessly....

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #277 on: July 28, 2009, 07:42:00 PM »
About 110 here in NorCal. I too know about evil temps and no power. In '06 I was stuck indoors with a broken ankle, 117 degrees and no power for a month. It was nasty!
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

MR Sabers: Dual Darth Maul 2006 **stolen** :'(
Grayven "Original"
"The Chosen" by Ben Kenobi
Static RLSA "Nameless" (gift from Vosk)

Offline Vosk

• formerly known as BigT1981
  • Master Force User
  • I do not forgive, or forget...master.
« Reply #278 on: July 29, 2009, 04:35:52 AM »
Last night, shortly after 9pm a power sub station here in the Salt Lake Valley some how caught fire and knocked power out for only a few moments to the entire valley.  Well, some people were still in the dark after a while but wasn't that long.  Anyways I was on my home computer at the time and aftr that power outage it really screwed my computer up.  It ended up giving me the blue screen of death and I called my brother Russ about it and he said that it seemed like some of the boot files for Windows were corrupte.  However, since my computer won't even boot to my Windows XP CD I'm pretty pissed off at the moment.  I think all my data can still be salvagable and I hope so because I got all my music on my drive and I'm not sure where my back up CD-R discs are at the moment.

I gotta get me a new hard drive when I get paid in a few days and see if that'll allow me to access the other one so I can copy everything over.  I had planned to get me a terabyte drive but not this soon...ugh.

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #279 on: July 29, 2009, 11:21:37 AM »
Bummer dude :( Hope you can get the files rescued, hon. Ouch!
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

Grayven "Original"

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #280 on: July 29, 2009, 11:33:26 AM »
Vosk, aren't youi protecting your computer on a power strip.  I have all my expensive electronics on them.  Computer, tv etc.  We have spikes all the time and this saves them.

If you don't have one I seriously suggest you invest in one.  ;)

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #281 on: July 29, 2009, 11:40:45 AM »
had a nasty little surprise the other day.  i go to pick up my friend from the hoboken train station and I get pulled over.  Thinking it was because I was circling the train station, I didn't think anything of it, until I find out I was pulled over for driving while my license was suspended.

Except i'm not.

Oh, and for some inexplicable reason, none of my credit cards worked that night.  SO my friend helpfully points out that maybe I'm the victim of a hacker that just wants to play with my identity.  Being the paranoid type that I am, as soon as I get home, I fire off emails to everyone I can think of and then grab a couple hours of sleep before I gird my loins to deal with DMV AND 3 different banks and credit card companies.

I had to take a day off of work and spend the day on the phone with DMV, who apologized profusely for the mistake, but couldn't reinstate my license for 24 hours. So, my work isn't happy with me.  Because I only told the bare details, my story doesn't sound plausible (for instance, how did I get home, instead of arrested and my car impounded? why only one day off for such huge problems?) and even though I was MISTAKENLY suspended, and was never notified I was suspended, I was still, in fact, driving while suspended. So I get to straighten out this mess in between business hours, which aren't the easiest hours to work around to begin with.

yay.

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #282 on: July 29, 2009, 12:11:30 PM »
Geeze Barriss! That's crazy! I hope everything gets straightened out and fixed, my friend.

Grayven "Original"

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #283 on: July 29, 2009, 12:17:17 PM »
Yikes that blows my DMV story out of the water.  I'm confused.  Was the a warrant out on your plates?  How would the cop know to pull you over?  He would have no idea who was driving and that your license was expired.  ???

Hope you get it all straightened out.  :-\

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #284 on: July 29, 2009, 12:24:29 PM »
the cop ran my plates and pulled me over.  If a friend of mine was driving, it would not have been a problem, and if I had been driving someone else's car, they wouldn't have pulled up my licence.

I got my licence reinstated, but now I have to deal with the Hoboken court system and hopefully a letter that DMV said they'd mail me out will take care of things.  The last time this happened, the town I got pulled over in wasn't lenient, going by the letter of the law.  it cost me over $500 in lawyer fees and took 3 months in the courts to get it taken off my record.  Unlike DWI, these things add up and are never taken off your record as time goes by.  If someone gets pulled over enough times for driving while suspended, they get thrown in jail for at least 30 days. 

I'm just lucky I got pulled over in a party town where the cops had worse things to deal with, and arresting me and impounding my car would have been more paperwork than they wanted to deal with.  The fact that I was picking up a friend that was able to drive my car home helped their decision I'm sure.  I owe him some serious cheesecake!

As for my credit cards, I've had new ones issued.  Man, how am I going to survive the 3 days until I get new ones?  What did we do without plastic?  I mean, I remember back that far, but it seems like a different time!  lol   :D

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

retrousse