fiduciary

Author Topic: Relieve your stress and VENT thread  (Read 239626 times)

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
Re: Relieve your stress and VENT thread
« Reply #225 on: June 20, 2009, 05:46:02 PM »
 :P :P

I have to move next week!!At my age that's stress enough lol :D :D

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #226 on: June 20, 2009, 09:38:44 PM »
I have to work on the fourth of July, even though I asked for it off many times.... This will be the first year since my family started the tradition of having a grand display every 4th that I missed, we started the tradition 13 years ago, and none of us has ever not shown up, save for my grandpa who was recovering from surgery last year... It really hurts because my Grandpa and Dad handed the tradition of running the fireworks display down to me and my cousin 3 years ago..... So it sucks because I feel like I'm letting them down, and because I don't want to miss out on the one time of the year I can blow things up without being called crazy... But I can't skip work because I work at a hospital, and I know no one has my back (None of my co-workers would come in for me..), so calling in would mean turning my back on the nursing staff that depends on my to setup equipment and keep the linen flowing...
  Well, off to work I go. : /

*Psyching self up.* Come on Vaughn, it's for a saber, it's for a saber, it's for a saber...

I feel your pain man.  For me it's Christmas or the 4th.  I can't have both as I work 7 on 7 off.  This is a major one for me too as we live on a lake and the whole lake shoots off fireworks.  We have a huge all day tubing BBQ with about 20 or so family that ends with all the brother in laws blowing up several hundred dollars.  I also havfe an extremely loud black powder canon that rumbles down the entire lake.  It stinks to work it.  However an alternative we have recently come up with is just plain picking another day to do them that everyone can be at.  Who really cares if the rest of the world is not celebrating the day your family is.  We have just as much fun a week before or after the 4th.

Offline Master Durangus

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Graphics Designer
    • Durangus Designs on IRA
« Reply #227 on: June 20, 2009, 09:45:37 PM »

I feel your pain man.  For me it's Christmas or the 4th.  I can't have both as I work 7 on 7 off.  This is a major one for me too as we live on a lake and the whole lake shoots off fireworks.  We have a huge all day tubing BBQ with about 20 or so family that ends with all the brother in laws blowing up several hundred dollars.  I also havfe an extremely loud black powder canon that rumbles down the entire lake.  It stinks to work it.  However an alternative we have recently come up with is just plain picking another day to do them that everyone can be at.  Who really cares if the rest of the world is not celebrating the day your family is.  We have just as much fun a week before or after the 4th.

That's rough...I wish we did something like that, my family and I do practically nothing ::) At New Mexico Tech (or New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology to be exact) they have an entire part of their pyrotechnics school developed for fireworks so we go down and watch them, and might grill out... but that's it, no family over, no anyone else over... rather lonely :-\

-Graphic Designer (See Bottom Link)-

The Forgotten Jedi....
-Alexander Durangus-

MD's Digital Porfolio

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #228 on: June 20, 2009, 10:09:44 PM »
Dude it rocks.  Literally.

Check it out.  Mine is smaller but my eyes are on this 32" one.

http://www.cannon-mania.com/images/Brass/Swivel%20Gun%2018th%20Century%201-3%20Scale%20Steel%20Barrel.jpg

Offline Master Durangus

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Graphics Designer
« Reply #229 on: June 20, 2009, 10:12:44 PM »
:o :o Mind if I move Connecticut to New Mexico for a week? ;D

That's awesome Luke! Do you guys fire it over the water or have a ceremony?

Edit: To get this back on topic, I am finishing a Spanish Correspondance class online, and I do not understand half of what I'm doing, the teacher teaches it poorly and I just find it very hard to learn Spanish online...but if I don't do it, I won't graduate, so I don't have much of a choice... but I have to pass as well!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 10:21:19 PM by Master Durangus »

The Forgotten Jedi....
-Alexander Durangus-

MD's Digital Porfolio

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #230 on: June 20, 2009, 10:23:35 PM »
Mine is a bit smaller than that one.  Mine is equal to about 4 shotgun blasts in sound.  It echoes off the hills on the other side of the lake.  :D

This one I want to get would be like those thunderous booms you hear and feel at grand finales at professional firework shows.  The nice thing about these is they are legal in CT where anything other than ground displays are not.

We fire the canon over the lake.  The best way to load it is to pour in your powder then completely fill the barrel with flour.  Then use a paper napkin at the end, wadded up.  This helps to hold and pack the flour in place when you shovfe the ram rod down.  The great thing with the flour is the weight increases the noise level and 2 there is no mess of shredded newspaper al over your lawn.  The flour either burns or just disappears in the air.

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
« Reply #231 on: June 20, 2009, 10:41:36 PM »
  The best way to load it is to pour in your powder then completely fill the barrel with flour.  Then use a paper napkin at the end, wadded up.  This helps to hold and pack the flour in place when you shovfe the ram rod down.  The great thing with the flour is the weight increases the noise level and 2 there is no mess of shredded newspaper al over your lawn.  The flour either burns or just disappears in the air.

I would have to imagine that being a very quick way of battering 200 lbs of chicken at one time too, ya know, ....for those really large chicken frying events.

Carry on, ....Im going call KFC.

Offline Master Durangus

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Graphics Designer
« Reply #232 on: June 20, 2009, 10:45:20 PM »
  The best way to load it is to pour in your powder then completely fill the barrel with flour.  Then use a paper napkin at the end, wadded up.  This helps to hold and pack the flour in place when you shovfe the ram rod down.  The great thing with the flour is the weight increases the noise level and 2 there is no mess of shredded newspaper al over your lawn.  The flour either burns or just disappears in the air.

I would have to imagine that being a very quick way of battering 200 lbs of chicken at one time too, ya know, ....for those really large chicken frying events.

Carry on, ....Im going call KFC.

LOL! ;D :D

Better patent it before Chewie does, Luke! You know how Wookies can't keep their paws off technology ;).

That sounds great Luke and man, I bet it still must be loud! I also bet that it must be a great experience for your son as well. Nice to see you on the forums again, how's the kitchen project going?

The Forgotten Jedi....
-Alexander Durangus-

MD's Digital Porfolio

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #233 on: June 20, 2009, 10:48:19 PM »
Well mentioning my kitchen project brings this cannon derailment right back on topic.  :'(

Most of the cabinets are hung.  I am waiting for one countertop to finish the last few base cabinets.  Next week I get to spend 2-3 days in the dirt floor, 3' spider infested crawlspace plumbing the new kitchen as well as fixing the errors I have found like no P trap for the washing machine.  It stinks to high heaven in here.  :P

Offline Master Durangus

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Graphics Designer
« Reply #234 on: June 20, 2009, 10:50:49 PM »
Well mentioning my kitchen project brings this cannon derailment right back on topic.  :'(
I have that gift in the Force :D

Most of the cabinets are hung.  I am waiting for one countertop to finish the last few base cabinets.  Next week I get to spend 2-3 days in the dirt floor, 3' spider infested crawlspace plumbing the new kitchen as well as fixing the errors I have found like no P trap for the washing machine.  It stinks to high heaven in here.  :P

Yuck! Definitely not fun... just make sure you're wearing long sleeves, long pants and gloves to avoid getting bitten (inset repellent helps as well)! Let me know how it goes bro! I bet your wife's excited for it though ;)

The Forgotten Jedi....
-Alexander Durangus-

MD's Digital Porfolio

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #235 on: June 20, 2009, 10:57:42 PM »
That she is.  We have been without a kitchen for over a month now.

We had 21 people over thurs night.  A reunion of all my childhood buddies and their families.  No sink but the bathroom sink.  The running joke of the night was Kramer preparing his food while he bathed and installing a disposal in the shower.  :D

We ordered pizza though.  No worries.  ;)

Offline Amptrooper

• Master Force User
  • Imperial Royal Arms SaberSmith AmpTrooper Sabers
    • Imperial Royal Arms
« Reply #236 on: June 25, 2009, 06:55:58 AM »
AHHHHHHHH! That's a little better!
My doctors are stupid! So, I was in a motorcycle accident and almost lost my leg.
9 surgeries so far. Then he said that things were not looking good as far as being
able walk and play with my kids and ride my motorcycle again. He said the best thing was to amputate.
That with an amputation I could do all that again. So, I got my mind around the amputation.
Talked with amputees and did lots of research. I'm good with it now. Well, now my doc has some big
wig doc joining him and the whole plan has changed. Now they want to do more surgery. So,
at this point I have decided to seek other opinions. This sucks! I just want to get back to my life!
I want to go to the beach with my wife and play with my kids and be the SW geek that I am dueling
with my kids out in the yard.

Offline Ray-Don Xero

• Padawan Learner
  • Sparky Sparky Boom Man
« Reply #237 on: June 25, 2009, 08:41:50 AM »
Oh man .... I was going to come in here and vent about some stupid stuff but then I read Amptrooper's post....
...Suddenly my stress seems pretty miniscule.
Amptrooper, my thoughts and prayers go out to you, man...
I'm just a guy with a lightsaber ... I didn't ask for any of this power.

Offline Naast

• Force User
« Reply #238 on: June 27, 2009, 10:47:31 AM »
 Oh the horror! My nephew just knocked my 360 off it's 2ft high shelft! Then in a rush to hide it from me he put it back up, upside down!... The 360 is fine, thankfully, but the game I was playing is toast... My beloved copy of Mass Effect, the one I sat infront of Game Crazy until they came to open up for... Is gone. Marked with 21 perfect circles, it is toast....

:'(

Off to buy a new copy. v.v

Live in Cen Cal, would like to know of any local groups.

Offline Jaden Korr

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #239 on: June 27, 2009, 06:04:40 PM »
Oh the horror! My nephew just knocked my 360 off it's 2ft high shelft! Then in a rush to hide it from me he put it back up, upside down!... The 360 is fine, thankfully, but the game I was playing is toast... My beloved copy of Mass Effect, the one I sat infront of Game Crazy until they came to open up for... Is gone. Marked with 21 perfect circles, it is toast....

:'(

Off to buy a new copy. v.v

Luckily you can get it cheap now. I picked one up for 18 bucks 2 months ago

retrousse