fiduciary

Author Topic: Relieve your stress and VENT thread  (Read 239281 times)

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
Re: Relieve your stress and VENT thread
« Reply #195 on: May 29, 2009, 03:31:24 PM »
I have 2 ceiling with 3 glass covers each, .....to date: I have bought 7 new decorative glasses.

Tell your girlfriend she is lucky is was only one

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #196 on: May 29, 2009, 05:07:26 PM »
Men  ::) LOL :D

What is peeving me off is not being able to log into MSN and yahoo (though yahoo atleast logs in most of the time) messengers...  >:(
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

MR Sabers: Dual Darth Maul 2006 **stolen** :'(
Grayven "Original"
"The Chosen" by Ben Kenobi
Static RLSA "Nameless" (gift from Vosk)

Offline MasterBlarg767

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #197 on: May 29, 2009, 05:24:18 PM »
Not being able to be with my girlfriend right now. Bummerrr x.x
One day the world will look up and shout, "Save us!" And I will not have heard them, because my television is too loud.

Offline Hon_Rev

• Master Force User
  • Drama free since '08
« Reply #198 on: May 30, 2009, 07:40:15 AM »
Dang Darth_Call! Sounds like you have been battling with Greivous or something! We should start ording them wholesale and selling them to others with the same problems! Im sure it wont be the last one I break!

"the undisputed bling master." Darth Inferis
REGAL JEDI by Hon_Rev

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #199 on: May 30, 2009, 06:53:29 PM »
Vosk, so sorry to hear that!  My thoughts go out to you.

My peeve - stressed. really stressed by stuff that's kinda boring.  So looking forward to an overnight trip to Philly in Mid June, as it will be the first chance I have to relax in years.  So I try on my Jedi Costume, and since I have recently lost the equivalent of a 1st grader in weight I take my costume in for a little nip/tuck at my local dry cleaners.

AND WALK OUT WITH AN $80 BILL.

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
« Reply #200 on: May 30, 2009, 07:16:08 PM »

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #201 on: May 30, 2009, 07:34:19 PM »
DC, you're too much!  Subtley is a lost art apparently.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
« Reply #202 on: May 30, 2009, 07:34:55 PM »
Well, this IS a vent thread, ...is it not?

What, ...wrong type?

Offline DARTH MAUL

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • At last we shall have our revenge....
« Reply #203 on: May 30, 2009, 10:01:47 PM »
lol, thanks for the laugh DC. I needed that.

I'm up yet again late, but not quite as late as yesterday for work. They keep doing upgrades over the weekend every couple months and they never go well. Of course we get zero input on when its done and the weekends it takes three times as long to fix problems just tracking down help. Have to meet these deadlines and do it when the customer asks! Even if we put in a poorly tested version that is full of bugs! In some industries that might be at least partially acceptable, but when the bugs throw off patient results causing a doctor to make a wrong call harming the patient....can you say PROBLEM!!! I really will never understand how this happens every single time, but it does. Hopefully I can go get some sleep soon.

DG

Offline Jai-Kinn Jaden

• Experienced Force User
  • I warn you not to underestimate my powers...
« Reply #204 on: June 05, 2009, 08:34:33 PM »
Okay, I'll vent...!

There are too many amazing sabers out there and too little of the green stuff I have to trade for 'em! :(

Right now I got myself a cyan Elder, but I need (not want, but need...mind you) a green Obi, and a SRD Luke! Sigh. Then comes the custom build. I need to hurry up and grduate from school, land a good job..or just win the lotto or something.
Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

Be what you are.

Bad company corrupts good character.

Offline Aelde Renn

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #205 on: June 06, 2009, 03:08:56 AM »
OK, here's a VENT for you...

When I started this contract almost a year ago, we worked 5 days a week, average 6 hours a day.  Since then, it has been changed to sometimes 6 days a week, minimum 8 hours a day.  No change in pay, teaser of overtime pay dangled, but not seen.  It's not that this is all that hard, it is just ridiculous.  We spent 2.5 nights last week staring at each other, then getting bored enough to help another shop, cause we had NOTHING to do.  We're supposed to be there to assist, train, and guide the Kuwaiti's in aircraft maintenance...... can't do that when they all leave!  We had a new site mgr come in a few months ago, he decided we needed to be there regardless.  Like I said, it's not hard, it's just frustrating!

I know I shouldn't complain, but anyone who was ever in the Navy knows....
A b******' sailor is a happy sailor!

Anything worth doing is worth doing right; anything worth having is worth waiting for!

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #206 on: June 17, 2009, 11:33:18 AM »
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!

I understood there was going to be 5-6 U.S. boards on sale today at TCSS...

I have been up since 6am, and have had the laptop out and browser opened up to the TCSS since then, checking back very periodically...

I emailed sales at the TCSS and asked when I could expect the boards to go up at the store...

They quickly responded "They're gone already."

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!! I'M A GOOD PERSON!!! I DESERVE AN U.S!!!!!!!!!!!!! I 've never owned a saber with one and I wanted to put it in Qui-Gon Jinn's BS-18 he just made for me.  :'(

OK....I'm over it now.  :D

Offline Wolfen

• Master Force User
« Reply #207 on: June 17, 2009, 11:38:04 AM »
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!

I understood there was going to be 5-6 U.S. boards on sale today at TCSS...

I have been up since 6am, and have had the laptop out and browser opened up to the TCSS since then, checking back very periodically...

I emailed sales at the TCSS and asked when I could expect the boards to go up at the store...

They quickly responded "They're gone already."

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!! I'M A GOOD PERSON!!! I DESERVE AN U.S!!!!!!!!!!!!! I 've never owned a saber with one and I wanted to put it in Qui-Gon Jinn's BS-18 he just made for me.  :'(

OK....I'm over it now.  :D

I feel your pain. I have been refreshing my screen all day waiting for them. I want one too!

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"-Ben Franklin

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #208 on: June 17, 2009, 11:59:53 AM »
got my costume in a few days ago.  (pics will wait until after the weekend. I have a convention to go to!) Sadly, I think I'm just too oddly shaped for any standard jedi tunic ensemble, as I've spent ridiculous amounts of money on a canon jedi costume, and it still doesn't look right on me, so I did something a little different and ordered a fitted dress in the LOTR type maiden style, thinking I could use jedi accessories and all would be well.

The dress looks fine.  It has a simple scoop neck, the billowing sleeves, and when paired with my sleevelss outer robe, and leather boots looks rather jedi-ish.  The problem that I have?  It's a lot harder to make these costumes look natural than it looks.

Some people look so good in their costumes!  They look like it's their natural wardrobe.  I look like I'm wearing a costume, and THOSE DANG TABARDS WON'T KEEP STILL.  I swear, I should just take a page from Harrison Ford's book and just staple them to my body.   :-\

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #209 on: June 17, 2009, 12:17:42 PM »
got my costume in a few days ago.  (pics will wait until after the weekend. I have a convention to go to!) Sadly, I think I'm just too oddly shaped for any standard jedi tunic ensemble, as I've spent ridiculous amounts of money on a canon jedi costume, and it still doesn't look right on me, so I did something a little different and ordered a fitted dress in the LOTR type maiden style, thinking I could use jedi accessories and all would be well.

The dress looks fine.  It has a simple scoop neck, the billowing sleeves, and when paired with my sleevelss outer robe, and leather boots looks rather jedi-ish.  The problem that I have?  It's a lot harder to make these costumes look natural than it looks.

Some people look so good in their costumes!  They look like it's their natural wardrobe.  I look like I'm wearing a costume, and THOSE DANG TABARDS WON'T KEEP STILL.  I swear, I should just take a page from Harrison Ford's book and just staple them to my body.   :-\

What methods have you tried to keep them still? I found that velcro always works great, but I don't want to assume that you haven 't already tried that.

In any event, good luck with the quest for a perfect costume look. But before you judge yourself, the pics you mentioned being posted later may get some good responses!

retrousse