fiduciary

Author Topic: Relieve your stress and VENT thread  (Read 239661 times)

Offline Darth Thalos

• Skipping Vinyl Playback Loop
  • Master Force User
  • oh look, a leaky canister
Re: Relieve your stress and VENT thread
« Reply #180 on: May 18, 2009, 10:35:10 AM »
what else makes me want steam to come out of my ears.  After a good 3 weeks of job searching, and applying for 15 jobs, not a single call back  >:(

im gonna go crawl in bed with my saber...
Oh Look!  A leaky canister, *cough cough*  BRAAAAAAAINNNNNNNNS!

Offline Sidneyious

• Alias......Ninja of the Mist
  • Master Force User
    • Blog of my saber builds.
« Reply #181 on: May 18, 2009, 10:57:41 AM »
Try calling them and see if they hav elooked at your application yet.

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
« Reply #182 on: May 18, 2009, 11:16:46 AM »
what else makes me want steam to come out of my ears.  After a good 3 weeks of job searching, and applying for 15 jobs, not a single call back  >:(

im gonna go crawl in bed with my saber...

Sorry to hear that, job hunting sucks!

My regards, ...to you and your saber.

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #183 on: May 18, 2009, 12:30:31 PM »
Well kids, the summer hiatus calls... Today is my last day of school... I won't have wifi most of the time but I'll be checking in using my cell phone... I hate when this happens...  :'( I finished my math final today, I have a 6 page paper due thursday but I can email it... If anyone needs to get ahold of me, PM me - I can still read those ;)

ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

MR Sabers: Dual Darth Maul 2006 **stolen** :'(
Grayven "Original"
"The Chosen" by Ben Kenobi
Static RLSA "Nameless" (gift from Vosk)

Offline Ray-Don Xero

• Padawan Learner
  • Sparky Sparky Boom Man
« Reply #184 on: May 18, 2009, 08:45:32 PM »
I just got out of a concert .....
... I can't hear a thing.
Just that constant annoying high pitched sound.
*woooooooooooooooo*
If it were permenant I'd be very much displeased.  ;)
I'm just a guy with a lightsaber ... I didn't ask for any of this power.

Offline rdstorm

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #185 on: May 19, 2009, 12:54:57 AM »
Wow after reading all of the other posts by yall, I guess my problems seem pretty tiny...

I hate border city weather....most of the time its hot (like in the 100s), and then every now and then we get rain or cold, but when we do its excessive....like the other day I was with my brother and it was a pretty sunny day but like after a 10 min walk we were soaked cuz of a sudden rain....soooooo annoying!

Im currently confused as to whether or not to buy an UltraFX Obi Wan saber for my first saber or to look for something custom when my August September  :'( college refund comes in..

and u know what grinds my gears the most??? When those arent the droids youre looking for....  :P
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 04:38:29 PM by rdstorm »

"If we're all clones, why am I the only one with a sense of humor?"-Scorch

Offline rdstorm

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #186 on: May 22, 2009, 01:30:51 PM »
Sorry for  double posting but today I got like the worst news ever and I feel like I should vent................
I recently changed my major in College so I have these two classes that I NEED to take in the summer. My supposed full paid Honors Scholarship was going to cover $1000 of the $1633.33 I needed for JUST TUITION. THen this morning I look at my email and I read this:
Good morning, Scholars.

If you are taking summer school, please make your financial arrangements.  As I call it, “Plan B”.  Since the scholarship is up to $6,000 per year, it is possible that there will not be any funds to cover summer school.   I have been given the task to research for funds.  If it does happen, I will let you know right away.  I am sorry for any inconvenience this might cause, but, like I said, the semester funding has gone up. 

Contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks,
Ms. L

For some it might be no biggie, but my family makes BELOW $20,000 a year so I cant ask them for money. My only option would have to be a loan but another problem is that they told us this 6 days before we need to pay our tuition...........UGH!! Some "full paid scholarship" this turned out to be......

« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 01:39:28 PM by rdstorm »

"If we're all clones, why am I the only one with a sense of humor?"-Scorch

Offline Wolfen

• Master Force User
« Reply #187 on: May 22, 2009, 02:09:22 PM »
Sorry for  double posting but today I got like the worst news ever and I feel like I should vent................
I recently changed my major in College so I have these two classes that I NEED to take in the summer. My supposed full paid Honors Scholarship was going to cover $1000 of the $1633.33 I needed for JUST TUITION. THen this morning I look at my email and I read this:
Good morning, Scholars.

If you are taking summer school, please make your financial arrangements.  As I call it, “Plan B”.  Since the scholarship is up to $6,000 per year, it is possible that there will not be any funds to cover summer school.   I have been given the task to research for funds.  If it does happen, I will let you know right away.  I am sorry for any inconvenience this might cause, but, like I said, the semester funding has gone up. 

Contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks,
Ms. L

For some it might be no biggie, but my family makes BELOW $20,000 a year so I cant ask them for money. My only option would have to be a loan but another problem is that they told us this 6 days before we need to pay our tuition...........UGH!! Some "full paid scholarship" this turned out to be......

Dude that sucks. Get working on a fafsa app asap... Or check with you local banks and credit unions to see what options they have for student loans. Unlucky.  >:(

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"-Ben Franklin

Offline Jasher Kain

• Master Force User
  • A Knight of the Old Republic
« Reply #188 on: May 22, 2009, 11:00:46 PM »
Just got an e-mail from my mediator...
My soon to be ex- says that she doesn't have any money for mediation (where does the money I give her go?). :-\
I'll pay for it just to get this over with. :P

What sucks is that I may have to go State-side AGAIN for the 3rd time in six months. Tickets aren't cheap! ($700 a pop) >:(

Wolfen, you got time for another meeting? ::) ;)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 03:49:29 AM by Jasher Kain »

Offline Wolfen

• Master Force User
« Reply #189 on: May 22, 2009, 11:07:48 PM »
Wolfen, you got time for another meeting? ::) ;)

Just let me know when you are in town!  ;)

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"-Ben Franklin

Offline Vosk

• formerly known as BigT1981
  • Master Force User
  • I do not forgive, or forget...master.
« Reply #190 on: May 23, 2009, 01:24:29 AM »
My mom still in the hospital, they aren't releasing her until they get the right kidney taken care of.  She had to have kidney stones taken out of the left one the other day, all though there was one they found they couldn't get it and will get when they do the right side.  It'll be another few weeks before she can come home since they want to make sure she's well enough for that.

My dad also went into the same hospital where my mom is at today.  He has been extremely more tired than normal the last few days, today he went to work and just was really tired.  They (fellow co-workers) noticed he was stumbling a bit and looked grayish, so that worried them.  They called an ambulance just in case and they found fluid in his left lung.  There's no indication that he has ammonia, but they are keeping him over night just to be safe and have givne him strong antibiotics.  They're going to check his pace maker tomorrow morning and if all goes well with that then he'll be allowed to come home.

I'm the only one home and I'm listening to the complete score for Star Trek The Motion Picture, even though I should be asleep but it's hard to sleep when no one is home.

Oh and on top of everything June 17th I've gotta go in for another heart surgery.  It seems I will have to have one every 10 years I have to have one and have the pulmonary and artery valves replaced.

So suffice it to say I'm a bit stressed out right now. 

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #191 on: May 23, 2009, 07:22:07 PM »
 :(

I hope all turns out well for you!! :-\

Offline HAN SOLO

• Jedi/Alliance General aka FX-Sabers' "The Most Interesting Scoundrel"
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Meet my business parter. His name is DL-44.
« Reply #192 on: May 23, 2009, 10:59:55 PM »
Dang, Vosk! That is very rough! I remember when my dad had a stroke two years ago, we made him feel as comfortable as possible. I hope that everything does well. As for the surgery for your heart, man. I just don't know what to say. My prayers go forth for you!

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

Offline Master Jedye

• The Master of the School for the Dremel-Fu Gifted
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Master Jedye
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #193 on: May 24, 2009, 12:17:47 AM »
Sorry to hear it Vosk.  I really hope everything works out for you and your family.  Time is a precious commedity that too many of us take for granted, myself included. 

Take care of yourself and your family.
If you need something, let us know.

Casey (MJ)

First place winner in the 19 BBY \"Mustafar LavaRock Belly Crawl\"

Offline Hon_Rev

• Master Force User
  • Drama free since '08
« Reply #194 on: May 29, 2009, 03:21:09 PM »
I was swinging my saber around the house the other day and hit the light on my ceiling fan breaking the case and showering glass everywhere! My girlfriend was sitting on the couch on the phone and was not impressed. I told her it would have been a cleaner cut if it were a real saber!

"the undisputed bling master." Darth Inferis
REGAL JEDI by Hon_Rev

retrousse