fiduciary

Author Topic: Relieve your stress and VENT thread  (Read 239627 times)

Offline DARTH MAUL

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • At last we shall have our revenge....
Re: Relieve your stress and VENT thread
« Reply #165 on: April 26, 2009, 08:36:23 PM »
My friends and I were just talking about the lack of customer service these days. Over the last then years things have really gone down hill in that department. Just two simple visits recently leaves me wishing for another option other than either home depot or lowe's for home improvement store.

1) Went to lowe's, bought the wrong piping, went to return it. Walking in I first get hassled getting in the door with this mass of giant black drain tube. My guess they thought I was stealing it. Please could I have picked anything worse to try and steal? Then I get to the register and wait over fifteen minutes to get my return done. Was there a line? Nope. Was the phone ringing? Nope. I was the only one in line while the girl at the register chewed her gum and played with a few reciepts. I finally get some attention and I get the greatest lines of them all "what do you want?" Trying not to lose my temper and go off I just quickly return it and walk out with my money. I don't really want to ever go in there again.

2) I go to home depot, buy some sink parts for my kitchen, get home one of the new drains is severly used with water stains and tons of putty on it. I go back and once more "what do you want?" My temper was right on the edge of exploding. I tell them its used and want a new one. She didn't want to believe and thought I was full of it. I just bought the darn thing! She says to go find a new one and find her when I get it. So I go across the store find the new one and get back. Where is she? Nowhere to be found. They look at me like I'm a fool rolling their eyes and not wanting to let me take my new drain back home. She finally shows back up and gives me more attitude. Doesn't even do the switch/refund or anything in the computer and just says take it. So because someone is incompetent to put something like that back on the shelf to start with I lost about two hours of time messing around getting a new one. I never want to go back in that place either.

What happened to customer service? I work in IT and I bend over backwards to help my customers with the friendliest attitued I can give. Even when I really am in no mood to put up with their going on. Thats what I get paid for! These people have no respect for their job, customers, or likely people in general.  Peopel really need to do a better job at raising their kids and paying more attention to what they do. I'll get off my soapbox, but something to think about.

Offline Jasher Kain

• Master Force User
  • A Knight of the Old Republic
« Reply #166 on: April 26, 2009, 11:03:15 PM »
These people have no respect for their job, customers, or likely people in general.  Peopel really need to do a better job at raising their kids and paying more attention to what they do.
Couldn't have said it better myself.  ;) Well said.

Offline Master Durangus

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Graphics Designer
    • Durangus Designs on IRA
« Reply #167 on: April 27, 2009, 03:39:13 PM »
I double what Jasher said, I agree!

-Graphic Designer (See Bottom Link)-

The Forgotten Jedi....
-Alexander Durangus-

MD's Digital Porfolio

Offline Wolfen

• Master Force User
« Reply #168 on: May 05, 2009, 03:01:48 PM »
I hate myself for not taking care of my teeth when I was a kid. I am paying for it now, and I mean PAYING $$$$$$!!! I had a root canal and filling started today. Its my third root canal within the last year and I have at least one more that needs to be done. Its expensive! And then I had to go back to work with half of my face numb. So take care of your teeth people!!! Or I will post pics of the inside of my mouth to terrify you and your children...  ;)

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"-Ben Franklin

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #169 on: May 09, 2009, 01:01:48 PM »
eeeeewwwwwww.  Feel better Wolfen!

My rant:  Living in a basement apartment after a week of rain. soggy soggy soggy!!!  Oh, and the buggies are back.  The good part about the winter was that the buggies were gone.  Now I get to wake up to spiders on my ceiling and those little creepy crawlies knocking on the the door to the bathroom while I'm doing my hair.

Oh, and my iPod crashed.  My 160g, 2nd most important electronic possession in the world (sabers don't count.)  now I'm stuck with the shuffle that I use when I work out.  I'm back to listening to the radio for the first time in years, because who buys cds anymore, and I can't believe how many commercials there are!  I just downloaded 3 cds from this band that everyone's heard about but me, and can't bring it with me.

Oh, and my second home away from home seems to be under construction.  Gasp! I might have to interact in the Real World for a change!

There's others, but they're boring...

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline HAN SOLO

• Jedi/Alliance General aka FX-Sabers' "The Most Interesting Scoundrel"
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Meet my business parter. His name is DL-44.
« Reply #170 on: May 10, 2009, 12:09:38 PM »
CDs? :D

This is what I wear on my hip when I pump some iron! :D!!!!

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

Offline Vosk

• formerly known as BigT1981
  • Master Force User
  • I do not forgive, or forget...master.
« Reply #171 on: May 10, 2009, 01:44:41 PM »
eeeeewwwwwww.  Feel better Wolfen!

My rant:  Living in a basement apartment after a week of rain. soggy soggy soggy!!!  Oh, and the buggies are back.  The good part about the winter was that the buggies were gone.  Now I get to wake up to spiders on my ceiling and those little creepy crawlies knocking on the the door to the bathroom while I'm doing my hair.

Oh, and my iPod crashed.  My 160g, 2nd most important electronic possession in the world (sabers don't count.)  now I'm stuck with the shuffle that I use when I work out.  I'm back to listening to the radio for the first time in years, because who buys cds anymore, and I can't believe how many commercials there are!  I just downloaded 3 cds from this band that everyone's heard about but me, and can't bring it with me.

Oh, and my second home away from home seems to be under construction.  Gasp! I might have to interact in the Real World for a change!

There's others, but they're boring...

That's when you say "screw this" and go buy a new iPod Classic 120GB version. :)

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #172 on: May 10, 2009, 04:39:32 PM »
But, but, but....  160GB!  They don't make them anymore!

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline The Highwayman

• Formerly known as Caden
  • Master Force User
  • Political Thread Pioneer #1
« Reply #173 on: May 10, 2009, 05:51:04 PM »
I hate it when you just put a switch in a saber, and then you do a throw, it lands in your hand wrong, and crack! goes the switch. Fortunately they come in packs of two. ;D

"It's obvious that the price of this game cannot be determined by our knowledge of fair market value, but by our skills with a lightsaber." - Obi-wan (Jedimoves)

Offline Darth Thalos

• Skipping Vinyl Playback Loop
  • Master Force User
  • oh look, a leaky canister
« Reply #174 on: May 12, 2009, 08:03:57 AM »
I hate it when you get let go from a job you have been working at for exactly 1 year and then you cant find another to save your life...grrr
Oh Look!  A leaky canister, *cough cough*  BRAAAAAAAINNNNNNNNS!

Offline Master Durangus

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Graphics Designer
    • Durangus Designs on IRA
« Reply #175 on: May 12, 2009, 10:07:26 AM »
Yuck...I had to resign from my job when we moved, and I've been unable to find a job as well, very annoying considering I have all these saber-related dreams >:l.

-Graphic Designer (See Bottom Link)-

The Forgotten Jedi....
-Alexander Durangus-

MD's Digital Porfolio

Offline Jasher Kain

• Master Force User
  • A Knight of the Old Republic
« Reply #176 on: May 12, 2009, 07:43:30 PM »
I hate it when you wire everything together exactly as the schematic has it...
...and nothing works. >:(

I broke my soldering iron because I was so angry yesterday. :P :(

Offline DARTH MAUL

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • At last we shall have our revenge....
« Reply #177 on: May 12, 2009, 07:52:12 PM »
Definitely sucks on the jobs Master Durangus and Darth Thalos. I got forced out of my job between when I was in college and working at my current company due to a management change. Basically after working as a tech for three years at best buy they wanted to try to shake things up at the store and keep threatening peoples jobs by waving around if you didn't improve in two weeks they would fire you. The catch of course is they were always an empty threat. Fortunately unlike most of the guys I worked with I had a full time jobs 10x better than that and the last time they started pulling us in to threaten us I told him a rather large library of choice words and to shove his job in a not so nice place. Of course doing so doesn't go unnoticed in more ways than one. The other half of the techs employed elsewhere as well left immediately after and they put something in my file about my choice of exit so they wouldn't hire me back. Hopefully I'll never need to go back to a job like that.

Jasher - I know that feeling. Was working on a server today at work based on instructions sent to me and kept trying without getting anywhere. Then I got another email saying, "Oh those aren't the right instructions, use these...sorry" grrr >:(

Offline Sidneyious

• Alias......Ninja of the Mist
  • Master Force User
    • Blog of my saber builds.
« Reply #178 on: May 13, 2009, 01:21:25 PM »
Well, I dont show up much in this topic but thats cause I repress much of the day to day bs that I deal with, but today I wish I had a punching bag......

Sadly there is no way I could put it in a pg text so I shal jus tleave it at "sid needs punching bag".

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #179 on: May 13, 2009, 08:34:25 PM »
I got one for ya... The closer SDCC gets, the worse it looks...I won't make it there... And the worse my pocket lint builds up. Anyone living in Washington or Oregon (attending SDCC all 4 days) planning on driving to San Diego?  :-\
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

MR Sabers: Dual Darth Maul 2006 **stolen** :'(
Grayven "Original"
"The Chosen" by Ben Kenobi
Static RLSA "Nameless" (gift from Vosk)

retrousse