fiduciary

Author Topic: Relieve your stress and VENT thread  (Read 239478 times)

Offline Darth Plaguis

• Padawan Learner
  • Know the Ways of the Dark Side
Re: Relieve your stress and VENT thread
« Reply #150 on: April 21, 2009, 10:15:56 PM »
Um....may I join in????  ;D I have a little saber dilemma myself. Well, as you all know Master Yoda is amazing and I have seen his work with the Graflex sabers. I have read about them and everything. I have been trying to resist but....I WANT ONE!!!!!!  ;D

But i am trying to decide between that or finally finishing up my costuming project as well. Yes I am also a costume enthusiast  ;D I am almost done completing my fully detailed Anakin ROTS costume. It has taken a while but I am SOOOO proud of it as well.

From what I have heard and seen, the Graflex is the saber of sabers to own and be proud of and hold to the pinnacle of saber collecting. Thats how I feel too and believe me jumping onto the graflex, I would hold it high and PROUD!!!!!!

Um....so any suggestions?  ??? This is open to anybody and I would dearly appreciate input from a great saber community  :)

PS: Wolfen, HAPPY GAMING!!!!!  ;D Glad you finally found your game give your nephew a nice birthday present for helping relieve your stress LOL  ;)

Offline Master Durangus

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Graphics Designer
    • Durangus Designs on IRA
« Reply #151 on: April 21, 2009, 11:34:58 PM »
*Questions*
Luke, what company do you fly for? I'm curious, I've always had a great interest in flying ever since I was a little kid, I have studied it with enthusiasm :-).

*Vents*
Ahh life sure stacks up! First off, I really want to get into this hobby more, but lack the funds to do so. Thanks to a really awesome person on this forum who is sending me some finishing materials for free, I have some stuff to work with :-). Right now, I'm working with PVC pipe to practice my dremelling and hopefully to sell one or two to people here. I had a great job in the previous city I lived in, but had to resign when I moved. I've applied to many companies and have had no luck. And what's annoying is I have a great resume! Very high honors, lets of awards, honor roll, tons of community service, et cetera, but no luck getting a job  :-\. So that's quite annoying.

Second, school is really stacking up on me. Because of my high grades and how I've excelled, people continue to bump me up a level, which just makes it ten times harder on me!

Thirdly, I just moved, I really have no friends or coworkers to "hang out" with, so I'm quite alone, massed by school, not a pleasant thing to be in!

And advice for people to take something out, I exercise :-). I go sprint a half-mile, or go run 3 miles or take my 40 lb weights and work out with them or practice martial-art scenarios. It gets my heart racing, exhausts me so I don't have the energy to think about what I'm having a problem with and is all-in-all good for you!

-Graphic Designer (See Bottom Link)-

The Forgotten Jedi....
-Alexander Durangus-

MD's Digital Porfolio

Offline Master Durangus

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Graphics Designer
« Reply #152 on: April 22, 2009, 04:48:05 PM »
And I'm also venting about my stupid choice on buying a lightsaber (per opinion)  >:(. I googled, yahooed, researched, asked people, did all of this research into lightsabers, I only found two results, MR Fx's and Park Sabers. I'm very surprised I didn't find this forum or Ultra Sabers....anyways. From what I found, MR's made sound and had ignition, but weren't very duel worthy and the hilts were not that high quality. Park Sabers didn't "ignite" or have sound, but had very high quality hilts and were quite duel-worthy (which was a major thing for me). I asked some friends who owned MR's and they said, Parks all the way, probably worth the extra money. It had great reviews, it seemed to be the best, so I spent the only saber-money I had for a Parks Sabers Echelon.

Money-wise, it does even out. But, for 320 dollars, I could have gotten so much of a nicer one with sound, a very bright Luxeon blade that was duel-worthy...and it just really really frustrates me because now I can't do that, I don't have the cash and I'd rather have a one with sound and a Luxeon or a bright blade like that...very frustrating. I've been thinking about putting my Parks up for sale on Ebay...but I'm worried I won't get enough for it, I'd like to even out at 300 (mod's, I'm not selling it on this forum, just to clear that up :-)) so I could put the money into getting a "real" saber...ahh choices and dissapointments...

The Forgotten Jedi....
-Alexander Durangus-

MD's Digital Porfolio

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
« Reply #153 on: April 22, 2009, 05:24:42 PM »
And I'm also venting about my stupid choice on buying a lightsaber (per opinion)  >:(. I googled, yahooed, researched, asked people, did all of this research into lightsabers, I only found two results, MR Fx's and Park Sabers. I'm very surprised I didn't find this forum or Ultra Sabers....anyways. From what I found, MR's made sound and had ignition, but weren't very duel worthy and the hilts were not that high quality. Park Sabers didn't "ignite" or have sound, but had very high quality hilts and were quite duel-worthy (which was a major thing for me). I asked some friends who owned MR's and they said, Parks all the way, probably worth the extra money. It had great reviews, it seemed to be the best, so I spent the only saber-money I had for a Parks Sabers Echelon.

Money-wise, it does even out. But, for 320 dollars, I could have gotten so much of a nicer one with sound, a very bright Luxeon blade that was duel-worthy...and it just really really frustrates me because now I can't do that, I don't have the cash and I'd rather have a one with sound and a Luxeon or a bright blade like that...very frustrating. I've been thinking about putting my Parks up for sale on Ebay...but I'm worried I won't get enough for it, I'd like to even out at 300 (mod's, I'm not selling it on this forum, just to clear that up :-)) so I could put the money into getting a "real" saber...ahh choices and dissapointments...
Yeah,  for $320 or less,  I could have built you one my sabers with an FX soundboard.....

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #154 on: April 22, 2009, 05:52:11 PM »
*Questions*
Luke, what company do you fly for? I'm curious, I've always had a great interest in flying ever since I was a little kid, I have studied it with enthusiasm :-).

private jets for the rich and famous.

@ Darth Plaguis-  It all depends on what is more important to you.  I own Yoda's special edition ESB with a CF and it is by far the best thing I have ever owned.  You might feel differently though.  You might be more into costuming.  It's all in what YOU want.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 03:00:53 AM by LUKE SKYWALKER »

Offline Vosk

• formerly known as BigT1981
  • Master Force User
  • I do not forgive, or forget...master.
« Reply #155 on: April 22, 2009, 07:13:47 PM »
I hate virus's, malware, spyware etc!!!

Something infected my home computer the other day and has just caused mass havoc since...mostly with my internet.  It's taking forever for sites to load (especially gmail) and nothing will get rid of the sucker.  So I'm in the process of backing up all my music and some other stuff and will  be doing a fresh wipe of the hard drive and re-installing Windows XP.  Yes I've tried all the anti-spyware programs and even AVAST can't get rid of what ever it is that got on to my computer.

Before anyone says anything, NO I don't visit any bad sites, if you know what I'm talking about.

I'm just irritated because I have to do all this backing up then wipe then reinstalling Windows...takes a long time to do.  Who ever thought it was funny to let people suffer like this aught to be shot or hanged.

Edit: Oh and other windows will pop up despite the fact I've got java disabled and a special popup blocker for Firefox installed.

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #156 on: April 22, 2009, 07:59:59 PM »
Fricken PAYPAL.  >:(

I signed up for their stupid Paypal plus credit card so I could be "verified" since I once needed it to purchase from a member here.  The frustration is the Paypal card ALWAYS comes up as my primary payment option.  I have changed my profile dozens of times.  I have cancelled the card.  The card expired in February.  I called and spoke to a supervisor and they promised they would take it off my account.  I just tried to buy something and it is still popping up as the primary card.  >:( >:( >:(

I just spent 20 minutes entering numbers on the phone trying to reach Paypal since their website says they are open.  I finally get a human and she tells me that that department is closed please call tomorrow.   Aaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhh!!!!!!!!!   >:(

Offline DARTH MAUL

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • At last we shall have our revenge....
« Reply #157 on: April 22, 2009, 09:04:31 PM »

Something infected my home computer the other day and has just caused mass havoc since...mostly with my internet.  It's taking forever for sites to load (especially gmail) and nothing will get rid of the sucker.  So I'm in the process of backing up all my music and some other stuff and will  be doing a fresh wipe of the hard drive and re-installing Windows XP.  Yes I've tried all the anti-spyware programs and even AVAST can't get rid of what ever it is that got on to my computer.

Before anyone says anything, NO I don't visit any bad sites, if you know what I'm talking about.

I'm just irritated because I have to do all this backing up then wipe then reinstalling Windows...takes a long time to do.  Who ever thought it was funny to let people suffer like this aught to be shot or hanged.

Edit: Oh and other windows will pop up despite the fact I've got java disabled and a special popup blocker for Firefox installed.

I had a virus a couple months ago that I couldn't get rid of for the life of me. I've worked in IT for 12 years now so thats some nasty crap. I was about to format and rebuild my PC and one of my friends recommended a program called malwarebytes. Took it off in the first scan like it was nothing. I have that running and Norton Corporate AV. Haven't had a single issue since. Good stuff for sure.

Offline Vosk

• formerly known as BigT1981
  • Master Force User
  • I do not forgive, or forget...master.
« Reply #158 on: April 22, 2009, 09:09:04 PM »
I tried malwarebytes, didn't get rid of it.  I'm currently formatting my pc as I type this.  I'm on my laptop so that's how I'm able to post.

Offline DARTH MAUL

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • At last we shall have our revenge....
« Reply #159 on: April 22, 2009, 09:12:44 PM »
That sucks, some pretty nasty stuff going around lately that is really hard to remove.

Offline Jasher Kain

• Master Force User
  • A Knight of the Old Republic
« Reply #160 on: April 22, 2009, 11:45:44 PM »
Fricken PAYPAL.  >:(
I signed up for their stupid Paypal plus credit card so I could be "verified" since I once needed it to purchase from a member here.  The frustration is the Paypal card ALWAYS comes up as my primary payment option.  I have changed my profile dozens of times.  I have cancelled the card.  The card expired in February.  I called and spoke to a supervisor and they promised they would take it off my account.  I just tried to buy something and it is still popping up as the primary card.  >:( >:( >:(
I just spent 20 minutes entering numbers on the phone trying to reach Paypal since their website says they are open.  I finally get a human and she tells me that that department is closed please call tomorrow.   Aaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhh!!!!!!!!!   >:(

That's why I keep money in my PayPal balance. Then your funds will come from there first and be diverted to your secondary source (be it a bank account or credit card).  ;)

Offline Master Durangus

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Graphics Designer
« Reply #161 on: April 23, 2009, 12:12:27 AM »
Yeah,  for $320 or less,  I could have built you one my sabers with an FX soundboard.....

And I would have taken advantage of it! >:( Ahhh it's one of the things REALLY frustrating me because I so badly want a "real" saber but have no funds and the one I have is so limited! >:( GAHH!

CitationShares.  We're owned by Cessna.  It's a time share for private jets for the rich and famous.

Ah okay, never heard of it, but sounds good! :-) Ah Cessna's....good, solid planes, my favorite is the 172 Skyhawk.

And Luke, man that is so annoying...I can totally relate with how those things work, you waste hours going through their darn circuit boards!

The Forgotten Jedi....
-Alexander Durangus-

MD's Digital Porfolio

Offline Lord Massia

• Force User
  • Xbox Live gamertag: TBD x BULL3T
« Reply #162 on: April 24, 2009, 04:10:13 PM »

I had a virus a couple months ago that I couldn't get rid of for the life of me. I've worked in IT for 12 years now so thats some nasty crap. I was about to format and rebuild my PC and one of my friends recommended a program called malwarebytes. Took it off in the first scan like it was nothing. I have that running and Norton Corporate AV. Haven't had a single issue since. Good stuff for sure.

Wow that sucks!!!!! :( I gave my bro a computer for his birthday and a month later we took it in for some maintenance and it had 17 different viruses on it!!!!! :o He's only 10 so its not like he goes on any bad websites. I bought it for him because I recently had my barmitzvah and wanted to buy something nice for him. ::) It ended up costing so much money and made me angry for buying it for him!!!! >:( After all that he doesnt even use it!!! It justs sits there!!! Now I no to NEVER buy anything nice for a 10 year old!!!! :-\
Lightsaber collection:
1. The Serenity (aka Qui-Gon-Jinn's B.S. #8) Blue P4, US 2.1
2. MR Vader ANH Red lux III converted by Ultra Sabers
3. Ultra Sabers The Vagabond green lux III
4. Stock MR Luke ANH
5. Sink Tube saber Red lux III
6. MR Yoda
7. Ultra Sabers The Manticore red lux III

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #163 on: April 26, 2009, 12:29:40 PM »
that was a sweet thing to do for your brother, Massia.  Of course in a couple years, he'll REALLY need that computer for school and everything.

Then again, you might want to think that the computer's viruses are a lot smarter than a 10 year old.  Don't think that viruses, worms, etc. only hang out at the naughty sites.  My girlfriend got a worm by going on her yahoo toolbar.  I got a virus at work, and how that thing got past my IT department, considering I'm severely restricted in my internet use (not even allowed to access my personal email account due to this very type of thing) was beyond me.  You really can't blame your little brother for getting all those bugs.

But once again, I have to commend you for doing something nice for your brother.

Um, my turn!!!!

Just because you don't like your job, that's no reason to take it out on your customers.  I'm trying my hand at dressmaking considering 1) my odd body shape and 2) everything out there is either cheaply made or not in my taste, and mostly a combination of the two.

So I go to Wally World, because that's the only place within 1/2 of me that sells cloth and patterns.  I'm new to this, so I ask the lady to help me read the pattern to decide how much fabric I need.  She sneers at me to just read the back, and then when shown the back, can't find the information either.

When the holy hannah did it become optional to be polite to people?

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline Lord Massia

• Force User
  • Xbox Live gamertag: TBD x BULL3T
« Reply #164 on: April 26, 2009, 08:07:09 PM »
that was a sweet thing to do for your brother, Massia.  Of course in a couple years, he'll REALLY need that computer for school and everything.

Then again, you might want to think that the computer's viruses are a lot smarter than a 10 year old.  Don't think that viruses, worms, etc. only hang out at the naughty sites.  My girlfriend got a worm by going on her yahoo toolbar.  I got a virus at work, and how that thing got past my IT department, considering I'm severely restricted in my internet use (not even allowed to access my personal email account due to this very type of thing) was beyond me.  You really can't blame your little brother for getting all those bugs.

But once again, I have to commend you for doing something nice for your brother.

Um, my turn!!!!

Just because you don't like your job, that's no reason to take it out on your customers.  I'm trying my hand at dressmaking considering 1) my odd body shape and 2) everything out there is either cheaply made or not in my taste, and mostly a combination of the two.

So I go to Wally World, because that's the only place within 1/2 of me that sells cloth and patterns.  I'm new to this, so I ask the lady to help me read the pattern to decide how much fabric I need.  She sneers at me to just read the back, and then when shown the back, can't find the information either.

When the holy hannah did it become optional to be polite to people?

Thank you for your kind words Barriss. :)

What you say is true. When I was his age I had 3 xboxes in 1 year because I never took care of them. One I went away for a week and left it on for the whole time paused!!! ::) I wanted to get each of my family members something special so I decided on a laptop for him since he always is getting in trouble for useing my moms. The problom with alot of younger kids is they will get something they dont want or need just because they want it. I also found out today that he busted the dvd drive!! ::) Im not mad at him but from now on I am going to get him things he wants and will actually use. He is a good kid. :)

People like the one you encountered in that fabric store should find a new line of work if they dont intent to actually do there job and help people find the product they are looking for. All these employees do is drive away customers and if I was her boss she would not have been working there. I think its really cool that you are trying to make your own clothing!!! 8)
Lightsaber collection:
1. The Serenity (aka Qui-Gon-Jinn's B.S. #8) Blue P4, US 2.1
2. MR Vader ANH Red lux III converted by Ultra Sabers
3. Ultra Sabers The Vagabond green lux III
4. Stock MR Luke ANH
5. Sink Tube saber Red lux III
6. MR Yoda
7. Ultra Sabers The Manticore red lux III

retrousse