fiduciary

Author Topic: Relieve your stress and VENT thread  (Read 239293 times)

Offline Keiran Halcyon

• Force User
Re: Relieve your stress and VENT thread
« Reply #135 on: April 17, 2009, 12:05:53 AM »
Stupid Utah Highway Patrol! Is 84 on a 65 interstate really just cause for a ticket?
Wolfen do u live in Utah?
i got a ticket for improper turning. i have a ford f150 and the power steering  went out and when that happen the thing is a pain to turn. i was on to the auto shop to get it fix when i got the ticket   

Offline Darth Plaguis

• Padawan Learner
  • Know the Ways of the Dark Side
« Reply #136 on: April 21, 2009, 01:44:54 AM »
WOW, my heart goes out to all of you. I know that life can sometimes deal you some serious BS but yall keep your heads up. Most of you are going through lots of troubles from divorce to just pure slaughter out in the daily world and injustices at school. I may not know most of you but my heart goes out to all of you. Its great to just let it out so keep going all of us here are listening  :)

Offline Wolfen

• Master Force User
« Reply #137 on: April 21, 2009, 08:52:48 AM »

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"-Ben Franklin

Offline Keiran Halcyon

• Force User
« Reply #138 on: April 21, 2009, 10:27:03 AM »

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #139 on: April 21, 2009, 11:52:21 AM »
Wanna know my current dilemma?  here I am, minding my own business when *beep* YOU HAVE MAIL, and quite possibly the sweetest saber I've seen in a month shows up in my inbox right underneath: So, what do you think?  As I'm looking for a napking to wipe the drool up with I get another *beep* with: What about this one?

So now, I'm helping out my friend with his saber dilemma, and it's just like waving a donut at a jenny craig meeting. NOW I WANT ONE.  So I contact the person that's causing my friend's dilemma, and now he's giving me my own dilemma!  Which one do I choose?!

I really want the pretty one for more money, but considering I have 2 trips to take within the next 3 months, I think I'm going to have to go with the cool one for less money.  But here I am, rationalizing (at least I'm honest with myself) and justifying... :-[

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
« Reply #140 on: April 21, 2009, 12:00:47 PM »
Wanna know my current dilemma?  here I am, minding my own business when *beep* YOU HAVE MAIL, and quite possibly the sweetest saber I've seen in a month shows up in my inbox right underneath: So, what do you think?  As I'm looking for a napking to wipe the drool up with I get another *beep* with: What about this one?

So now, I'm helping out my friend with his saber dilemma, and it's just like waving a donut at a jenny craig meeting. NOW I WANT ONE.  So I contact the person that's causing my friend's dilemma, and now he's giving me my own dilemma!  Which one do I choose?!

I really want the pretty one for more money, but considering I have 2 trips to take within the next 3 months, I think I'm going to have to go with the cool one for less money.  But here I am, rationalizing (at least I'm honest with myself) and justifying... :-[
That's almost as bad as having a saber customer that cant' make up her mind!   ;)

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #141 on: April 21, 2009, 12:42:32 PM »
Once you begin down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny  ;D
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

MR Sabers: Dual Darth Maul 2006 **stolen** :'(
Grayven "Original"
"The Chosen" by Ben Kenobi
Static RLSA "Nameless" (gift from Vosk)

Offline Darth Plaguis

• Padawan Learner
  • Know the Ways of the Dark Side
« Reply #142 on: April 21, 2009, 02:07:32 PM »
Lol that is SOOOOOOOO true, I am a living witness to that  ;)

Offline Jasher Kain

• Master Force User
  • A Knight of the Old Republic
« Reply #143 on: April 21, 2009, 05:37:54 PM »
I really want the pretty one for more money, but considering I have 2 trips to take within the next 3 months, I think I'm going to have to go with the cool one for less money. 
Patience.  :)
Recent events in my life have taught me that patience is the way to go.  ;) That, and it all depends which saber style you prefer more: pretty or cool.
Why not start a thread posting both pics and do a poll? I'm sure you'll get some solid, sound advice from everyone here.  ;)

Offline The Highwayman

• Formerly known as Caden
  • Master Force User
  • Political Thread Pioneer #1
« Reply #144 on: April 21, 2009, 05:47:31 PM »
I really want the pretty one for more money, but considering I have 2 trips to take within the next 3 months, I think I'm going to have to go with the cool one for less money. 
Patience.  :)
Recent events in my life have taught me that patience is the way to go.  ;) That, and it all depends which saber style you prefer more: pretty or cool.
Why not start a thread posting both pics and do a poll? I'm sure you'll get some solid, sound advice from everyone here.  ;)

Are we forgetting practical?  ;D ;D My Phantom fit all three of those. Cause after the blade lit up, who looks at the hilt? :D ;)

Shoot, i'll complain Whilst i'm here. My Phantom broke again. i dropped it and it bounced off a dresser, crack it goes. Needless to say I whacked off what was left of the coupler's male side, and man It handles even better now! Maybe the second half isn't a complaint, but the first half is. ::) :P
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 05:49:20 PM by DarthCaden »

"It's obvious that the price of this game cannot be determined by our knowledge of fair market value, but by our skills with a lightsaber." - Obi-wan (Jedimoves)

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #145 on: April 21, 2009, 06:06:08 PM »

That's almost as bad as having a saber customer that cant' make up her mind!   ;)

Oh, I must say, Qui Gon is one of the best sabersmiths to deal with!  Here he is taking my whimsies and notions seriously, while I dilly with the dally.  Too bad we can't canonize in the Jedi, for all they put up with!!!!

Well, I'm wanting both and will get both, but now I need to figure out which one to get first.  Now that we know that I'm trying to decide between 2 Qui Gon sabers, can I get a little sympathy on my crisis?

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline Jasher Kain

• Master Force User
« Reply #146 on: April 21, 2009, 07:35:06 PM »
Now that we know that I'm trying to decide between 2 Qui Gon sabers, can I get a little sympathy on my crisis?
How about some empathy?  ;)

I'm tight for funds now, but am trying to decide whether I should get a new hilt that I saw made by one of the members on this forum, or focus on getting the electronics and parts needed to complete the other 4 incomplete sabers I have lying around... :P Talk about choices.  :D

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #147 on: April 21, 2009, 08:13:34 PM »
oooh, that's a tough one Jash!  IMO, I feel that unfinished projects lead to bad karma, but I've also been one to seize the opportunity when it arises.

Wow, at least when we make our decisions, we can congratulate each other while crying over what we had to let go!

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline Jasher Kain

• Master Force User
« Reply #148 on: April 21, 2009, 08:47:53 PM »
oooh, that's a tough one Jash!  IMO, I feel that unfinished projects lead to bad karma, but I've also been one to seize the opportunity when it arises.
Wow, at least when we make our decisions, we can congratulate each other while crying over what we had to let go!
Tell me about it. :D

My Prophecy needs a blue LED and a new soundboard...everything else is ready.  :)
My 3 Heilands (2 Vader ANH, 1 Vader ESB) need new blade holders.  :-\
Maverick (my personal saber) needs a 2xCR123 holder.  :-[
Sentinel, another custom saber, needs a soundboard.  :(
Another custom (Strife) needs a blade holder and a soundboard.  :'(
My Visas Marr saber (I call her Rebirth) needs everything.  :P
And my Graflex is waiting for Master Yoda's PM.  ::)

*sigh* and I don't know what to finish first...I would do the Heilands because they're closest to completion, but I need custom blade holders.  :P
The joys of saber building... ;D
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 08:50:16 PM by Jasher Kain »

Offline Wolfen

• Master Force User
« Reply #149 on: April 21, 2009, 10:10:01 PM »
This is more of a "my stress has been relieved" post...
At the end of last year I played KOTOR 2 for the first time and loved it. Of course I wanted to play again so one Saturday morning in early January I decided to do just that, only to discover that my wife had "misplaced" disc 1, aka the important disc. I searched everywhere for it to no avail. Sadly I resigned myself to the fact that it was gone for good.
Well today our little nephew and niece came over. Our nephew was looking at all our Wii games and came across a case that was blank white. He asked what was inside. I had no idea so opened it to see. Lo and behold there was KOTOR 2 disc 1.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D So guess what I have been doing since then...

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"-Ben Franklin

retrousse