fiduciary

Author Topic: Relieve your stress and VENT thread  (Read 239657 times)

Offline Jasher Kain

• Master Force User
  • A Knight of the Old Republic
Re: Relieve your stress and VENT thread
« Reply #90 on: February 18, 2009, 11:06:36 PM »
Thanks for sharing, Je-Rel. Ya' know, I'm most worried about the kids too.

My daughter is my best buddy. I took care of her whenever she was sick, I took care of her during her awake hours while her mom was at work or out socializing, we watched Star Wars together, played soccer together, went shopping together, and I even bought her a Yoda lightsaber so we could duel together.

*sigh* It hurts, but in my heart I feel this is one of those learning experiences Fate forces some of us to go through. Some might say that marriage is like the Falcon's hyperdrive and things can be fixed: never perfect, but in working order. But my experience is more or less what happened to Alderaan.

While I'm 100% confident this path will make me a better person, (like your training exercises) the stretching, breaking, and rebuilding of values and identity is a long, slow, delicate, and painful process.

Offline Darth Kaos

• Sith Infiltrator
  • Master Force User
  • Ninjas?!?!...They all learned from ME!!!
« Reply #91 on: February 18, 2009, 11:19:00 PM »
AAAHHHH!!!!  >:(
My Iphone crashed again! Now I gotta unlock, jailbreak and install all my programs, music, video, photo etc.

This is what I get for being greedy and in turn borked my iphone into oblivion.

Oh well, guess I'll pull a late nighter again installing all my crap  :-\

*minor fix to your post. We try to refrain from mentioning the...unmentionable in public ;) Shaak Ti*
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 02:19:10 PM by SHAAK TI »

Offline RogueJedi

• Vagabond Master
  • Master Force User
  • I'm back!
« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2009, 04:27:15 PM »
AAAHHHH!!!!  >:(
My Iphone crashed again! Now I gotta unlock, jailbreak and install all my programs, music, video, photo etc.

This is what I get for being greedy and in turn borked my iphone into oblivion.

Oh well, guess I'll pull a late nighter again installing all my crap  :-\

*minor fix to your post. We try to refrain from mentioning the...unmentionable in public ;) Shaak Ti*

I feel you Kaos, I did this to my Ipod and it crashed on me. What firmware do you have, because 2.2.1 seems to be pretty stable when jailbroken.

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #93 on: February 19, 2009, 04:54:30 PM »
I was wondering how one borked an iPhone...

that's why I like being a troglodyte.  no stoopid complicated thingys to pi** me off.

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #94 on: February 20, 2009, 12:13:02 PM »
Bought new home on Feb 6. Moved in on Feb 7.  Toilet backed up at 1030am on move in day.  Monday had it pumped out.  Ten days later we had to have it pumped out again.  This is with 1 occupant flushing once per day, taking a shower every other day and sparingly running a dishwahser load.  >:(  Hardly any use.

It seems the winter we had is allowing rainwater, snow melt and runoff into the tank/cesspool.  The frost is still in the ground so we can't begin to fix it for at least a month.

$268 per pump every 10 days.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline Darth Kaos

• Sith Infiltrator
  • Master Force User
  • Ninjas?!?!...They all learned from ME!!!
« Reply #95 on: February 20, 2009, 12:27:09 PM »
thanks for the heads-up, Lady Shaak  ;)

Rogue: I'm on 2.0.2 BUT with a FW Modifier/Changer  8)
PM Incoming

Je-Rel: The Iphone's just like a PC, it slows down over time, and some programs/apps that you install CAN crash the system, which happened to mine  :-X. Also modifying system files can do the same thing.....Not recommended for troglodytes  ;)

Offline Jasher Kain

• Master Force User
  • A Knight of the Old Republic
« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2009, 08:08:37 AM »
$268 per pump every 10 days.

Hate to point out the obvious, but think of how many sabers you could've bought...

...pretty crappy.  :D (sorry, I had to say it)

Offline Qui-gol Reyah

• Darth Claven
  • Force User
  • "I know! There was nothing I could have done!"
« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2009, 09:40:28 AM »
LUKE, that totally stinks.  Really!! 

This is a septic tank, I take it?
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.

Offline Sidneyious

• Alias......Ninja of the Mist
  • Master Force User
    • Blog of my saber builds.
« Reply #98 on: February 22, 2009, 05:12:49 PM »
He flys a jet.

Offline Red Five

• Master Force User
  • "My daddy can whoop your daddy!" -Luke Skywalker
« Reply #99 on: February 22, 2009, 06:48:30 PM »
Bought new home on Feb 6. Moved in on Feb 7.  Toilet backed up at 1030am on move in day.  Monday had it pumped out.  Ten days later we had to have it pumped out again.  This is with 1 occupant flushing once per day, taking a shower every other day and sparingly running a dishwahser load.  >:(  Hardly any use.

It seems the winter we had is allowing rainwater, snow melt and runoff into the tank/cesspool.  The frost is still in the ground so we can't begin to fix it for at least a month.

$268 per pump every 10 days.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Sorry to hear of your troubles Luke.

My uncle had almost the same exact thing happen to him. His septic tank got a crack in the top.
He had to get a new tank but first he hand dug a new hole with a shovel and a pick axe.

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #100 on: February 23, 2009, 05:12:49 AM »
Well our troubles continue.  It is actually a cesspool built we think back in the 40's or 50's.  It is a 275 gal oil buried on its side with holes punched in it to drain.  We think there is a reserve tank it flows into as there was a melted patch of snow nearby.

We bought the house knowing this and planning on putting in an engineered septic system.  Soooo the money was already taken off the purchase price.  But the owner told us it was working fine and he pumped it maybe once a year.  We thought we had till spring at least.

I do fly a jet but sadly pilot's pay is "in the septic tank".  ;)  The first 14 years of my career I've made below the poverty line.  Back at the commuter level I was actually paid below minimum wage.  Many companies charge 10K or more for training and also charge you up to $400 to interview for the job.  >:(

Although I am in a good spot now I am paying off my decades of debt and now worrying the my job will soon be gone as our company has already started to lay off pilots.  >:(

Back to the dumper though.  We have rationed our water use.  All paper and plastic for eating.  No dishwasher, showers at least every other day to as long as you can go.  When we take a shower you get in turn it on get wet turn it off, lather up, turn it on, rinse off.  Toilet flush once a day before bed, hand washing is either anitbacterial handsoap or if using water it's lowest flow cold water only same rules as the shower.

Man this really stinks.  >:(

And yeh I thought about how many sabers I could have bought.  The TK armor, jedi cloak, etc etc.  Currently we are only up to 2 pumps and hoping we only have one more till the new system is in place.  It all hinges on if/when the excavator can dig through the frost.  We're hoping for an early thaw.

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #101 on: February 23, 2009, 06:13:01 AM »
Is there anything you can do from a legal standpoint? pumping it once or twice a year is a lot different than once every two weeks.
The former owner seems to have misled you.

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline sbkmike1974

• Experienced Force User
  • Fastest speeder bike pilot this side of Hoth!
« Reply #102 on: February 23, 2009, 07:06:24 AM »
Ahh, The joys of having to deal with others crap.  Somehow it would make me feel a little better knowing I was dealing with my own dookie. :-\  Seriously though, I hope everything gets resolved and you stay employed as a pilot.

By the way...

I hate sitting in the motorsports dealership I work at (50 hours a week 100% commission  :'() when its this s..l..o..w and sending my three kids to daycare. 

Oh well, at least I have a job right?

"What do you mean you've never seen Star Wars?  Your kidding right?... Please tell me your kidding?"

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #103 on: February 23, 2009, 10:13:21 AM »

I hate sitting in the motorsports dealership I work at (50 hours a week 100% commission  :'() when its this s..l..o..w and sending my three kids to daycare. 

Doesn't help that they just outlawed the kiddie bikes for excessive lead.   >:(  Give me a break.  Were our bikes back in the 70's lead free?  Doubt it.  Have you ever done a lead test on Christmas lights you hang on your tree.  Or any extension cord our table lamp for that matter?  They all have lead.  My mom's bedroom was painted with lead paint when she was a kid.  Most likely half her toys were too. 

Outlawing minibikes is insane IMO.  ::)

No Jango, I can't take legal recourse unless we can prove he knew it.  I have the pumping schedule and what he told us was pretty accurate.  We knew this upfront.  Just thought we'd make it till spring since they weren't having any problems. 

Offline sbkmike1974

• Experienced Force User
  • Fastest speeder bike pilot this side of Hoth!
« Reply #104 on: February 23, 2009, 10:49:42 AM »
Honda is actually talking about discontinuing their 50cc bikes because there would be no profit after testing.  How sad is that?  I can see this law having a huge effect on dirtbikes in general ,i.e. no kids "learning the ropes" no raceing, no bigger bikes later in their life...  on and on.

As far as this whole mess affecting over-all sales, there isn't much profit in small stuff like youth dirtbikes but it all adds up. :)

I know that the owners of the shop I work at are deeply involved in discussions with legislation.  Heres hoping they (government) understands that your avarage child will not be gnawing on a ttr 50 for extra iron/led in their diet.

"What do you mean you've never seen Star Wars?  Your kidding right?... Please tell me your kidding?"

retrousse