fiduciary

Author Topic: About Black series Force FX  (Read 853 times)

Offline Fox1981

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
About Black series Force FX
« on: June 05, 2018, 03:45:55 PM »
Dear ones.

I know this is a question that you must have red a lot, but quoting Obi Wan I don't know where to look.

I'm about to buy the first of (I hope) many lightsabers. I want it for display, to collect and for light gaming once in a while when the child in me awakes hehehe.

I'm looking at the Hasbro black series force fx, knowing that are no combat ready and I can cause damage of I strike them. Here is when I ask about brightness, sound, etc between the luke's ANH vs Luke's ROTJ saber. What can you tell me about them, and about.force fx in general to collect and display?

Forward in time, when I manage to gather people to create a training club, I may be asking about combat ready sabers.

I thank you in advance.

MTFBWY

Offline Doaln

• No Force
  • Impressive. Most impressive.
Re: About Black series Force FX
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 07:46:12 PM »
I personally think the Luke ANH looks great. For the price, it's an excellent value for what it is. One thing to note about the ROTJ saber is that it has a huge, fat neck instead of a thin neck like the real props. One thing to note is that the Force FX series blades are not removable, so you display them with the blade in. You CAN convert them from the string LED blade into an in-hilt LED and then display them that way so it looks more "real." Converting a Luke ANH is about $40-70 if you do it yourself.

I think the Luke ANH and Vader lightsabers from Force FX are great value. For comparison, to get an empty hilt of either is ~$225+.

retrousse