fiduciary

Author Topic: LEGO saber - the sale thread.  (Read 3458 times)

Offline Acerocket

• Formerly known as Wat Tambor
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
LEGO saber - the sale thread.
« on: November 25, 2009, 12:53:19 PM »
Come on.  You didn't think I would make just one (or in this case two) sabers and call it a day did you?  I wanted to try a different approach with these so I made prototype sabers first so I would have a finished version I could show off before starting a sales thread. 

First off, let me be perectly clear that this is a possible sale thread at the moment.  Depending on the number of interested parties I may or may not do a run.  I would like to call a minimum of 25 sabers but I am flexible and will see how the numbers look in time and make a decision.

To refresh everyone's memory:

It comes in at just about 7.5" long, 2.814" at the largest diameter and has a 1.5" diameter blade.

With a Graflex for size comparison.

And just because I have to be different.

I am offering these at $250.00 each for a light up version with one blade.  This will get you a fully assembled saber with blade.  You will need to source your own Ni-MH battery charger to recharge the batteries in the hilt, but I will supply a charging adapter plug to fit them as well as an empty plug for the on-off switch.

The blades are fully polished solid acrylic and blade color choices are as follows:
cyan
green
red
blue
violet
yellow

I need at least 3 total blades of any particular color to get them.  For example, if only one person wants a violet blade, I cannot offer that color.

You can get extra blades, let me know the color.  Price is $35.00 per blade.

One other point to make.  These will have a machine finish on them (exactly like the one shown in the pictures above).  I will not offer any polishing what-so-ever.  I do not have the time or equipment to do that and do not want the added headaches of dealing with easy to scratch, polished aluminum.

The saber is relatively easy to disassemble and can be broken down and polished if you want to do that yourself.  The pommel cubes are epoxied on with pins and are not meant to be removed.  If you want to polish your saber and do not want the cubes attached, let me know and I can leave them seperate and you can attach them youself.

No, there is no stand included.  You are on your own there.

Now, I realize some people may want the saber but not necessarily want it to light up.  I can offer these without the electronics included for $175.00 each with one blade.  However, because of the limitations my equipment has, there has to be a hole in the pommel section where the recharge port/kill key would go.  I can modify the piece hat holds the recharge port to go in here to fill that hole for those who do not want electronics installed.  You will still get all the other machined components so that you may add electronics at a later date if you want to.   Just let me know if you want the recharge port drilled and tapped or solid.  Drilled and tapped would still leave a hole in the end of the saber- solid would fill the hole.

This is the recahrge port/kill hole I am talking about.

If you are interested, please reply to this thread with your choices and I will add you to the list.

Once I decide whether or not this will become a run I will announce the down payment requirements and othe important info.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 12:56:58 PM by Acerocket »

Offline spaznick

• Master Force User
Re: LEGO saber - the sale thread.
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 06:34:24 PM »
Wow that's a totally Novel idea!  Nice Job Ace! ;)

Offline pickupman63080

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 02:29:37 PM »
I'm in for one with a green blade and an extra blue blade.  What are you using for blade retention ?  I couldn't tell from the pics.

Offline Mewgen

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 12:02:15 PM »
Dude, I was thinking about this not long ago hoping that someone would do this run. I'd be totally in. Maybe even make a Lego costume for next Halloween.

Also, how much space do have inside the hilt to accommodate for a soundboard?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 12:06:33 PM by Mewgen »

Offline Acerocket

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 12:21:42 PM »
Well there isn't the interest I'd hoped for so I don't know just yet if there will be a run or not.  I will let this run for a week or two more then make a decision.

In regards to the room inside - there isn't any.  After the battery pack, recharge port and wire connectors, you won't get anything else in there.  If you wanted to buy an empty hit and do your own electronics install you have about 1.15" diameter x 2.8" to work in.

There is a single 8-32 set screw in the emitter to hold the blade - I just took pictures with it out of site.

Offline mihunai

• No Force
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 01:43:24 AM »
First of all, it is a nice saber, allbeit unconventional.
Maybe you should post this on LEGO (Starwars) related sites.
I'm sure there are some more AFOL's out there who would like one.

mTm

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 10:32:50 AM »
It may be a stretch at this point, but I'd be down for one with a blue blade, with extra blades in red, green, cyan and violet.

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.

Offline Acerocket

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 08:13:41 AM »
That is not one of my Lego sabers.  I only made two and they both had blue blades and had LED light up blades.  The saber in the ebay auction is from a run done on the RPF a few years back.  In my opinion, those, so called 'accurate' Lego sabers are far from accurate.  The body is to long to the width of the saber.  The blade is also too long.  I used an actual Lego Minifig lightsaber and scaled it myself to make mine from.

If you buy the saber in the auction listed above, please do not ask me any questions about it as it is not my work.

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 08:21:30 AM »
Interesting.  Thanks for the added info Ace.

Offline Sandpeople are people too

• Once made Darth Vader Chuckle
  • Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2011, 09:23:48 AM »
That is not one of my Lego sabers.  I only made two and they both had blue blades and had LED light up blades.  The saber in the ebay auction is from a run done on the RPF a few years back.  In my opinion, those, so called 'accurate' Lego sabers are far from accurate.  The body is to long to the width of the saber.  The blade is also too long.  I used an actual Lego Minifig lightsaber and scaled it myself to make mine from.

If you buy the saber in the auction listed above, please do not ask me any questions about it as it is not my work.

And Ace's run was looking to be 1/2 the price as the static one on e-Bay

retrousse