fiduciary

Author Topic: FX-Sabers Graflex VII Replica #022  (Read 2858 times)

Offline Darth Smorgis

• Master Force User
FX-Sabers Graflex VII Replica #022
« on: May 05, 2019, 05:26:58 AM »

It is with great pleasure that I am able to present my latest Graflex from Yoda/Michael Murphy of this very forum.  I had sold my last graflex unit by Yoda several years ago in order to fund a KP/Legacy saber, thinking I would be able to replace the Graflex in time.  Well over the next few years, TFA had hit theaters and the demand for Graflex sabers went through the roof to say the least.  Also at that time, Michaels graflex builds had starting selling at record prices on Ebay and he was not taking on many personal commissions through the forum.  I came to the conclusion that I would not be able to ever commission another build by Yoda and started searching for a 2nd hand Graflex by Michael.  When he saw I was searching for one of his builds he reached out to me and decided he wanted to get a Graflex back in my collection.  We began discussing the details and before I knew it, I had a brand new FX-Sabers graflex in my hands once again.

Details:
TGS Gen. 2 Graflex complete unit (TFA) & (ESB)
TGS Gen. 1 Graflex bottom & clamp (ANH)
CFv9
Tri-Cree BBW
Drilled Crystal Core Stainless Steel Chassis #022
Bass speaker

Offline Darth Smorgis

• Master Force User
Re: FX-Sabers Graflex VII Replica #022
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2019, 05:41:27 AM »
Here are a few pics of my first two commissions from Yoda
Wish I still had them all.

Offline Yaraell_Ren

• Force User
  • Listen Yaddle, I'm gonna need to borrow your car!
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2019, 09:24:55 AM »
Congratulations!
I love seeing Yoda's Graflex and Negotiator together, they look incredible :)
And I'm quite jealous of your double shadow box display  :cheesy:

Offline Darth Smorgis

• Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2019, 09:30:51 AM »
Thanks Yaraell, couldn’t agree more.

This is the only double shadow box display that I have ever seen from YODA.  I picked it up many years ago from a forum member Obi-Wan Kenobi (Sam).  Not sure if there are any more out there.  Certainly an awesome way to display these two masterpieces.

Offline Brad1981

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2019, 10:06:29 AM »
Yeah, that is a really clean setup.  That shadowbox really makes everything 'pop'.  I'm a sucker for displays and this one is 10/10. 

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2019, 12:32:48 PM »
Thank you for posting that Darth Smorgis

Boy some of those old chassis pics take me back, in fact I think the first is an ultrasound was it not?
I'm very glad you are enjoying the latest version now, You've certainly had a few over the years to compare
it to and to see it back in your collection, I am happy to have been of service. :cool:

That was one of the last Negotiators I did and its great to see it being enjoyed and displayed again.

Nice find on the double display case as well. I think I did only about 3 of these as they were hard to ship
because of the fragile nature of the real glass and it only makes the shipping box bigger  :cheesy:
The New cases use plexi so they are easier to deal with shipping and I do have plans for a double display
again but need to make new posts that hold the sabers more adjustable.

Thank you again for posting that and I hope it will serve your collection proudly for years to come.
MTFBWY
always
YODA

Offline Brad1981

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2019, 01:08:14 PM »
Hi Yoda. Any chances of manufacturing a single-saber shadow box? 

Offline Darth Smorgis

• Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2019, 03:07:15 PM »
Yoda you are correct, the first unit was an Ultrasound 2.1.  This was pretty top of the line when I entered the hobby back in 2009.  Amazing how far innovation has come since then.  I am grateful to have owned many versions of your chassis.  Gives me a greater appreciation for where we are now.

retrousse