fiduciary

Author Topic: Quick update.  (Read 6534 times)

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
Quick update.
« on: June 01, 2009, 07:20:49 PM »
Okay,

Now I can understand that some of you may be growing impatient with the delays here, but I really do need to come forth with a reason why delays are withstanding.

As some of the Moderation and Administration know; I have recently gotten my brain dug through by a neurosurgeon.

This was two weeks ago.  All of the illness that I have been undergoing of late was directly related to a marble sized lesion in my frontal lobe.  This wreaked havoc with my immune system, and allowed other illnesses to thrive.  Add the infection of a tooth I let go for too long, and you have a combination that would kill most others.

I have stepped down as a moderator, and some may have noticed that I now carry a GREEN user name, denoting a vendor/manufacturer.  This was decided upon by Master Yoda and myself, because I am spreading myself too thin trying to do both at the same time.  Let's face it, I can't concentrate on building sabers 100% if I am constantly here policing the forums.  I also have my own forums at the Outer Rim Armory to handle, and my moderation team has been extremely helpful in keeping things afloat in my absence.

I am very limited in what I can do physically right now, and I can't even work for another employer until I get the all clear from my doctors.  Still, I am doing what I can to get orders processed for all the outstanding shipments that have to go out.

This is not a "boo-hoo" fest, nor am I expecting any kind of pats on the back or well wishing here.

I wanted to keep this all under my hat (pun intended) until I felt comfortable publicly announcing this. 

Right now, Funds are really tight in my household, and almost all of my bank accounts have been drained to pay for this surgery and recovery time.  Meaning that my business has taken a hit because of this.  It is something that cannot be helped until I begin receiving my VA benefits to help pay this medical fee off.

Once I get things caught up, I WILL be moving out of state, and into a new location to upsize my shop, and include a few new faces in the Outer Rim Lineup. 

My website is going to be down for a week or so, that way I can produce some much needed product updates, and keep anyone from buying anything there until I can get everything sorted and reorganized.

OVERLORDS:  I am in talks with Jango about obtaining assistance in getting these things done, and shipped to their owners.

I am no longer handling Ultra Sabers Questions at this time via email.  I hope to speak with Alex soon, and straighten out a small misunderstanding, and I hope that we can continue to do business.   :)

For now, I have been mostly bed-ridden.

Yes, I may have been surfing around, and responding to a few posts here and there, but nowhere near what I used to.  For that I apologize, and I hope to be back up and kicking soon.

As for my health and recovery, things are going just as the Docs predicted, other than me being stubborn and wanting to do too much too soon, but that is how I am. Always have been, always will be. What don't kill ya, make ya more strong!  ;D

Well I suppose i have come here to say what I wanted and needed to say. With that I bid you "Good Journey" as the Beastmaster says...

Stay out of trouble!  ;)

Delta Tango Out.

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
Re: Quick update.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 07:25:36 PM »
Derek, I knew you had been ill and it was serious but...just WOW.  Fender and I convey our warmest wishes for your recovery and our thoughts will be with you.  I know how hard it is to stay bedridden, been there :-\  But, try as best as possible to follow the doctors orders.  Spreading yourself too thin won't help your recovery at all.  I know things have been tough for you recently, but we are behind you.  The community is behind you.  Take the time you need.  Just get better ;)

Facebook: VVFB

Offline Master Durangus

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Graphics Designer
    • Durangus Designs on IRA
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 07:28:12 PM »
Hey man,

Take some time, heal up and rest. I'll be keeping you and your family in my prayers during this time. Get some rest! Don't worry about us, we'll be fine ;).

-Graphic Designer (See Bottom Link)-

The Forgotten Jedi....
-Alexander Durangus-

MD's Digital Porfolio

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 08:08:18 PM »
DT I'm very sorry to hear just how hard hit your health has been...take best possible care of yourself and your family while you recover and please don't even waste a moment thinking about us; we and our 'toys' can wait...I'll be praying for your full and swiftest possible recovery...MTFBWY, always.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline GMLumpy

• Master Pastor
  • Experienced Force User
  • Christian Jedi
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 10:31:36 PM »
praying that you have a swift recovery, happy move and some good down time with your family.  take it easy and recover fully we want you back, but we want you healthy more.

take care. and anything we can do don't hesitate to ask!
May the Lord of the force be with you.

Being a Game Master means all your rolls are natural 20's

Offline LANDO CALRISSIAN

• formerly known as Grayven
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have recently struck a deal with empire
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 10:42:56 AM »
Get well Big D.

All good is just as flawed as all bad. True power lies somewhere in between.
I like spaghetti, You like spaghetti? If so check out the spaghetti party over at judgesabersmith.com

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 11:32:46 AM »
I know you say that you don't want any pats on the back or anything like that, but we are all friends here...even if we don't personally know you, we know you on here...and that's plenty for the most of us. Best of luck to you and your family to get things back on track and MTFBWY and your family.

Offline Orakaa

• Master Force User
  • I'll send you in hades... with a taste of paradise
    • Orakaa - photography and computer graphics
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 11:44:48 AM »
Ouch... Didn't know your condition was that serious.

Get well

Orakaa - photographer, photoshop expert and graphic designer

Offline Rouge Striker

• Force User
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 11:50:49 AM »
I hope you get better DT!  :)

Offline Gmar

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 07:49:45 PM »
Wow, Derek.  When you give an update, you REALLY give an update. ;)

This is not a "boo-hoo" fest, nor am I expecting any kind of pats on the back or well wishing here.
Sorry to disappoint, but I think every here really does wish you well. :)

Listen to your doctors, and listen to your body.  Do that which is vital for you.  PM me if I can be of assistance, in any way.

My best to you and your family,

-Greg

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
  • All things serve the Beam...
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2009, 11:55:36 PM »
I need to echo what Gmar above (and everyone else) has said - take care of yourself. Recover. Heal. We're all here to support you, and I personally would also say feel free to contact me if there is anything at all I can do to help.
Honor the man who falls by the sword,
But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2009, 12:09:31 AM »
Ditto. Your health and well being is top priority! BTW, pm to your Morbius inbox.
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

MR Sabers: Dual Darth Maul 2006 **stolen** :'(
Grayven "Original"
"The Chosen" by Ben Kenobi
Static RLSA "Nameless" (gift from Vosk)

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2009, 06:41:13 AM »
My best wishes to you for a speedy recovery!

Offline Sparhawk

• Padawan Learner
  • I'm a pretty pretty princess...DON'T JUDGE ME.
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2009, 06:34:45 PM »
Oh yeah? Well SCREW YOU! *Pats you on the back* So there. Now get better or else...i'll cry. I swear I will.
Not every Jedi is a Hero, nor every Sith, the Villain.

Offline HAN SOLO

• Jedi/Alliance General aka FX-Sabers' "The Most Interesting Scoundrel"
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Meet my business parter. His name is DL-44.
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2009, 07:49:50 PM »
I see your joke and attempt at the humour, but I would suggest you alter the presentation of how the post is laid out. I see it as a little harsh as Darth Tyranus is suffering greatly. Unless you are good friends with him, and he is in on the humour.

Word to the wise.....try to avoid SCREW YOU, especially in caps. May I suggest something less aggressive as "Tough Bananas, bub" or "Toughen up, Soldier". But I really suggest you change the lay out.

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

retrousse