fiduciary

Author Topic: Shroud Dimensions and material choices (SOLVED)  (Read 2420 times)

Offline nihlisimo

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Shroud Dimensions and material choices (SOLVED)
« on: August 07, 2016, 02:52:27 PM »
I am away from home for a while and so don't have my Ascend at hand, can anyone tell me of a suitable material (in terms of internal diameter etc) from which to make a shroud, or failing that, the dimensions of their own shroud? for aesthetic reasons, plastic is not on the cards, but any from of metal tubing would be fine.

Many thanks,

Nihlisimo
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 04:54:39 PM by nihlisimo »

Offline nihlisimo

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Re: Shroud Dimensions and material choices (SOLVED)
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 04:53:47 PM »
For the benefit of anyone who finds this thread, I have found that 40mm OD pipe with a wall thickness of 1mm works fine, while it is a bit shaky at first, O-rings rolled down the emitter section tighten the fit so that there is no rattle (I believe that Madcow of GCS mentioned this in one of his videos at some point).
Regrettably the only tubing that I can find with these dimensions on eBay is brass, which may be an issue for some people for aesthetic reasons. while there other providers with 'similar' dimensions in aluminium available, they are generally available in bulk orders with 1m plus lengths of pipe sold in larger and therefore more expensive quantities.

retrousse