fiduciary

Author Topic: PneumoniaProne's luke ROTJ FINISHED  (Read 6958 times)

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
Re: PneumoniaProne's luke ROTJ FINISHED
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2009, 02:46:47 PM »
Very nice!  I think I recognize that pommel technique ;D  Surpised the General didn't comment on it.  Weathering came out awesome!  Great job!

LOL, I stopped commenting on it because pretty much everyone uses it now...Most everyone even knows the proper term for it, but..alas no one knows that the poor old general developed the whole craze to begin with...que sera sera. ;)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 09:51:16 PM by QUI-GON JINN »

Offline pneumoniaprone

• Master Force User
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2009, 05:26:02 PM »
I've only been here a few months now and didn't realize the lit pommel even had an inventor but hey "credit where credit is due" so thanks for pointing it out.

I am 100% learned from and a current student of the FX-Sabers forum so thank you all.

Thanks everyone for the kind comments above as well.

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2009, 09:41:15 PM »
Yeah, some dude called LDM created it and posted all kinds of build pix for all to learn.  It took a few months to take off, but it is commonplace now (all the smiths do it), so it should just be considered art of the lexicon of saber knowledge now.  Glad you used it because it looks great on V2's

FYI the first saber ever to have it is called "the Valenthyne" ;)

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2009, 09:50:52 PM »
Yeah, some dude called LDM created it and posted all kinds of build pix for all to learn.  It took a few months to take off, but it is commonplace now (all the smiths do it), so it should just be considered art of the lexicon of saber knowledge now.  Glad you used it because it looks great on V2's

FYI the first saber ever to have it is called "the Valenthyne" ;)

Yes, I LOVE the crystal pommel in my V2...even though it's not "canon" per se, it adds at certain touch of class to an already killer hilt.

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2009, 09:50:59 PM »
Very nice!  I think I recognize that pommel technique ;D  Surpised the General didn't comment on it.  Weathering came out awesome!  Great job!

LOL, I stopped commenting on it because pretty much everyone uses it now...Most everyone even knows the proper term for it, but..alas no one knows that the poor old general developed the whole craze to begin with...que sera sera. ;)
)
I mention in every saber build topic that utilizes that technique that I rippe- er,  stol-,  umm,  "borrowed" the idea from you,  LD-  uhh,  I mean GENERAL!  ;)

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2009, 09:55:10 PM »

)
I mention in every saber build topic that utilizes that technique that I rippe- er,  stol-,  umm,  "borrowed" the idea from you,  LDM!  ;

i know...and I really appreciate it!  you are an excellent example for all members of the community (I try to be as forthright because of your fine example)  I know I joke a lot, but this is completely sincere BTW. ;D

Offline pneumoniaprone

• Master Force User
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2009, 11:54:52 PM »
I don't think I would have even considered trying to make this if it wasn't for the builds that came before.

I started working on this after seeing the V2 project series and the work done for Caine's V2 and looked at every build available for ideas and inspiration.

Again I offer gratitude for all the available tutorials and reference material.

Offline STARKILLER

• Lord of the Strings
  • Master Force User
  • VADER's VAULT MFG
    • Vaders Vault
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2009, 09:28:36 AM »
I for one am very glad to see how far 'Prone has come in such a short time. Most impressive indeed. Very classy build, and I love the finished project.

Offline Master Jedye

• The Master of the School for the Dremel-Fu Gifted
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Master Jedye
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2009, 10:04:22 AM »
I for one am very glad to see how far 'Prone has come in such a short time.

QFT! 
Well done, P-prone!

First place winner in the 19 BBY \"Mustafar LavaRock Belly Crawl\"

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2009, 10:41:12 PM »
I for one am very glad to see how far 'Prone has come in such a short time.

QFT! 
Well done, P-prone!

DoubleQFT

Offline pneumoniaprone

• Master Force User
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2009, 05:51:39 AM »
Thanks again for the support.

My next couple builds I am hoping to get my insides to look as good as my outsides.
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=20541.0

This one has a chamber forcing me to organize the wiring a little more and when my Graflex shop blade holder comes in I will be working on a MPP replica.

Everything works so far and has been solid but I have been consistently overestimating the space available and my wires are always too long. I hope to come up with some solutions along the way here.

Offline Darth_Baleful

• Master Force User
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2009, 01:56:04 AM »
great job as always pneumoniaprone ;) the weathering looks amazing :o  definatly one of my dream sabers.. i'll one someday lol

i'm really glad they changed the blade lock up on the 2.5  the blade barely even dimms when it's on 8)

MTFBWY
Praise be the order brought forth from the very edge of chaos.

There is only one return. And it's not of the King, it's of the JEDI

Offline General Kota

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as R2-Q5
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2009, 12:14:37 PM »
Very nice weathering job, and you have a Very good looking saber! ;D

General Kota's
        Sabers
---------------------------
- Larbel
    Larbel Qui Gon Jinn non el ready with a PC-U and a crystal chamber   (finished machining)
-JQSABERS
    Luke Hero V2 custom (In building process)
 - Planing stage
    Nothing :)

Offline Sunstrider

• No Force
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2009, 01:08:08 PM »
That saber looks really great. I love the weathering and the LDM/General Grievous inspired crystal pommel.
I like the Luke ROTJ style sabers more every time i see one. I hope i will one day have the chance to own one myself.
You seem to be very talented considering that, looking at your register date, you have started with the saber building stuff not even half a year ago.  :o (Or am i wrong on this?)
Again, great work. I'm curious to see your future builds.
"Don't walk in front of me
- I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me
- I may not lead.
Walk beside me -
and just be my Friend."

Offline pneumoniaprone

• Master Force User
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2009, 01:44:55 PM »
You seem to be very talented considering that, looking at your register date, you have started with the saber building stuff not even half a year ago.  :o (Or am i wrong on this?)
Again, great work. I'm curious to see your future builds.

Thanks, although very talented may be a stretch. I am glad you like them and you are correct I have just started building sabers. More than that I had never soldered anything in my life, worked with electronics of any sort, or done any type of metal work until I started this obsession. If your interest is strong enough you can find a way to learn how to do it.

I do have a skillset for learning. I read a lot here and in manuals, looked at a lot of builds and then jumped right in to get some practical XP. I did 1 conversion then went head first to do a custom CF saber. I have also purchased a lot of tools along the way and that helps a lot. Planning and researching has really helped me with my builds so far as well as when I have a question this forum is full of people you can ask and get good solid answers. I make a lot of mistakes still but try not to repeat them.

Finding this hobby has just been great for me. It has indeed become an obsession and I truly enjoy working on new creations. When I find something I like this much I tend to do a pretty good job eventually. I also have learned a bunch of new really valuable skills along the way that may continue to evolve them as well. I have 3 builds (hopefully you will like them too) that I am working on now but it seems I am always waiting for parts.

retrousse