fiduciary

Author Topic: JAPAN LIGHTSABER DUELING GUILD  (Read 3879 times)

Offline Sanjuro

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Sanjuro Systems
    • Sanjuro Systems
JAPAN LIGHTSABER DUELING GUILD
« on: June 08, 2011, 07:24:39 PM »
Greetings,

An introduction.

If you are in the Japan area, specifically Tokyo or Kanagawa prefectures, and are interested in joining, or visiting our Dueling Guild, please let me know.

The Japan Lightsaber Dueling Guild is a small guild located in the Kamakura area.  We hold the occassional get together to share and discuss, and generally have a friendly, fun atmosphere.  We usually meet at a convenient restaurant, followed by going to one of our member's houses for some friendly competition.

If you would like to join, or just come by to visit and share your experiences, please feel free to contact me.  Japanese and English speakers are very welcome.

Respectfully,

John W
SANJURO SYSTEMS - Custom Lightsaber Stands, Custom Chassis Disks for Lightsaber builds, and other related items.

My Business - Home

Japan Lightsaber Dueling Guild, Founding Member

Offline Azmaria Dei

• Mistress of the Crumbles
  • Force User
  • In sleep do I find my peace.
Re: JAPAN LIGHTSABER DUELING GUILD
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 01:33:43 AM »
tempting... very tempting... you know i'm at Camp Zama so it's not that far of a stretch. i work nights and am 1 person deep though, so days would be hard for me.

you have my email already. ^_^

Offline Sanjuro

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Sanjuro Systems
    • Sanjuro Systems
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 01:43:25 AM »
tempting... very tempting... you know i'm at Camp Zama so it's not that far of a stretch. i work nights and am 1 person deep though, so days would be hard for me.

you have my email already. ^_^
Az,

We would love to see you sometime.

BTW - I am still waiting on the parts from TCSS, and I look forward to the build you are doing for me.

I'll post a pics and a video of the lightsaber when complete - I've no doubt that it will be simply amazing.

Our guild meets maybe once a month or every other month - depending upon everyone's schedule.

As always, all are invited, just contact me for details.

Respectfully,

John W

SANJURO SYSTEMS - Custom Lightsaber Stands, Custom Chassis Disks for Lightsaber builds, and other related items.

My Business - Home

Japan Lightsaber Dueling Guild, Founding Member

Offline sammyB

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2015, 03:31:43 AM »
Hi I was wondering is this still a thing in Japan ^^"?

Offline Kai

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 04:07:23 PM »
I'm in Nishi-Tokyo right now looking to get into a group for dueling here in Japan or even starting a group/teaching and would like to get in to contact with any enthusiasts in the area.

A bit of background for myself, I was a USFA C rank member, the president and primary instructor for my college's fencing club for 4 years, and I have done stage combat and choreography for various events and productions including presentations with the American Shakespeare Center. I was also a member of both heavy and light fighting divisions in the SCA, and through various martial arts I have studied the use of a very wide range of weapons. I have a lot I could give to a dueling/kata community and hope to find some people to practice and have fun with.

I haven't purchased a saber yet, but I will be ordering a custom soon (along with gear to continue fencing hopefully) within the next month or two.

retrousse