fiduciary

Author Topic: Converting a TCSS Latching Guarded Switch to a tactile  (Read 22553 times)

Offline Matt Thorn

• Experienced Force User
    • Köjin Köbö
Re: Converting a TCSS Latching Guarded Switch to a tactile
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2010, 05:37:25 PM »
Hello.
I always admire.

I expect it from now on. :)
Allow me to translate. The Japanese phrase kinoobi intended in this context means something like, "I'm looking forward to your future work," but most dictionaries translate it the word as "expect."
There's always a bigger fish.

Offline Tho-Mun Cor

• Force User
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2011, 11:38:08 AM »
First, you should really do this with a latching switch. I tried it with both latching and momentary switches, and the latter proved to be more trouble than it is worth. Suffice it to say, the guts of the two are surprisingly different, and the latching switch is far easier to convert. For the tactile, I used a longish one similar (I assume) to this one sold by TCSS.

Matt-thank you so much for this tutorial! As I am just about to make my own metal switch using a tactile underneath, I found the pics you posted as well as the advice from the above quote, most helpful-really helped to clarify things visually.
- TMC

Offline roland

• Force User
    • RO-LIGHTSABER
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2012, 05:44:30 AM »
cool..

Offline Nick Knight

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2012, 04:21:51 PM »
helpful thank you for your post.
"A correction added to one’s store of knowledge. It was a thing to be grateful for, not something to take offense at. "
"Choose what is right, not what is easy"

retrousse