fiduciary

Author Topic: Anakin ROTS - Converted - HASBRO FX Review  (Read 14696 times)

Offline Master Durangus

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Graphics Designer
    • Durangus Designs on IRA
Anakin ROTS - Converted - HASBRO FX Review
« on: July 17, 2009, 06:00:48 PM »
Master Durangus' Review of The Converted Hasbro FX ANAKIN ROTS

This saber was converted by JANGO FETT of the FX-Sabers forum. Included in this review are pictures and a video review of the saber, as well as a textual review. Do enjoy!

THE STATS

-Seoul P4 RED
-Hasbro FX Anakin ROTS hilt + Soundboard
-TCSS Metal Bladeholder
-UltraEdge

THE REVIEW

This saber is truly amazing. Some have complained about it's duelability, but having swung it around and played with it a little, it's definitely much more comfortable than my Parks Echelon and it feels great in the hands! Some may be asking, "What's the difference between a Hasbro and an MR?" Well, from what I can see, nothing. The sound is incredibly accurate, the clash sensor is nice and sensitive - just as I like it and so is the swing. The handle is all metal, except for the rubber grips, the polished chrome looks very very nice and the gold contrasts look amazing! So I would place my bet that there is not a difference between the MR and Hasbro hilts, maybe in the original blade, but since I have mine converted, it makes no difference.

It weighs, blade and all, around 3 lbs, so it's a comfortable weight. I think one of my favorite parts is the blade to saber connection. The blade connects to the saber and it doesn't move at all, the Park blades were wobbly, which was frankly annoying when dueling or swinging them around. They were also very long, the UltraEdge's aren't too short, but neither are they too long, perfect for my 5'10". The blade is held in by a set-screw on the top.

All-in-All, I'm very happy with this saber, not only does it look great as a display piece, but it also feels great for handling. My first Luxeon (P4, whatever ;D)

So without further gilding the lily, let me show you some pictures! Ignore the fingerprints, JANGO sent it to me clean but I couldn't keep my hands off it ;D.

PICTURES

This, with the flash off, really shows you what the handle looks like without my fingerprints, that's about what it looks like to the naked eye.

They aren't clicky because there's an easier way to do this :). Right click on the photo you want to see bigger and click "View Image." Than it will open up to it's full-size, this allows me freedom from having to do all the "clicky code."

SCORE: 10/10!
No complaints with this saber! 10/10, everything looks great, feels great and works great, I highly recommend this for someone who wants a movie-accurate saber that also works for anything else!

-End Review-

-Graphic Designer (See Bottom Link)-

The Forgotten Jedi....
-Alexander Durangus-

MD's Digital Porfolio

Offline Darksaber 3

• Master Force User
Re: Anakin ROTS - Converted - HASBRO FX Review
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 06:06:10 PM »
Great Review. And I love the Anakin ROTS in red, t looks really good.

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 06:14:01 PM »
 :o :o

Very nice and congrats!! ;D

Offline Rouge Striker

• Force User
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 06:16:10 PM »
Awesome review MD!!! Your new saber is impressive... Most impressive  :D :D

Offline wookieecrisp

• Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee Win!
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 06:18:53 PM »
Great review. Congrats Durangus! ;) ;)

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 09:55:23 PM »
Great review! I am happy for you that you got your dream saber...I am sure it's an amazing feeling.

Offline Darksaber 3

• Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2009, 08:20:49 AM »
Great review! I am happy for you that you got your dream saber...I am sure it's an amazing feeling.

Yeah, its great that you got your dream saber. I'll never get mine... because I don't have just one =-)

Offline Gabywan

• Master Force User
  • Que nunca muera el niƱo que llevamos adentro...
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2009, 05:29:44 PM »
Dear friend,
A happiness to be able to feel his happiness with his new acquisition.
Really I congratulate it. You are now a great knight jedi!!
Enjoy!! ;D

Offline Spanky Oleary

• Padawan Learner
    • Hardcore Christian Gamer
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2009, 12:50:03 PM »
Nice, I'm not sure if I like the UltraEdge blades as much as a normal say midgrade, but the only UE that I have only fits my Mace with color filters so it might look better on a saber with out white and filters. Anyway glad you're happy with it, nice review.
Converted by Ultra Sabers
Converted by Jango Fett

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.  Mathew 7:13-14

Offline Darth Wraith

• Master Force User
  • Everything Burns
    • Darth Wraith at Star Wars Space.net
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2009, 09:31:27 PM »
Very Nice, makes me think about getting one and getting it converted, I think I might make mine Amber/Orange, seems to suit this saber.

I Am the Lord of Shadow, Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness, So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light.

Offline Phoenix_Pyros

• No Force
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 09:20:47 PM »
I was wondering, with the use of the red p4, what size resistor did you use?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 09:23:26 PM by Phoenix_Pyros »

retrousse