fiduciary

Author Topic: Darth Bane Canon?  (Read 8255 times)

Offline Nicholas.slaydon

• Experienced Force User
  • “Ours Is The Fury"
Re: Darth Bane Canon?
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2014, 06:00:26 AM »
 "I don't read that stuff. I haven't read any of the novels. I don't know anything about that world. That's a different world than my world. But I do try to keep it consistent. The way I do it now is they have a Star Wars Encyclopedia. So if I come up with a name or something else, I look it up and see if it has already been used. When I said [other people] could make their own Star Wars stories, we decided that, like Star Trek, we would have two universes: My universe and then this other one. They try to make their universe as consistent with mine as possible, but obviously they get enthusiastic and want to go off in other directions."
So as George said in this quote, there are 2 Star Wars universes one that was in the movies and the "What If" Universe. The writers try to make the stories consistent with the films but i remember hearing a quote from someone at Lucasfilm, that said that the EU writers might not describe characters the same way, and they might not make Luke act the same way as he did in other EU works. So the EU (like i said in another post) is more of a "What Might Have Happened" kind of Universe.

retrousse