fiduciary

Author Topic: Introducing Spark(tm)  (Read 10024 times)

Offline naigon

• Board Moderator
  • Experienced Force User
  • Naigon's Electronic Creations
    • SaberIgniter.com
Introducing Spark(tm)
« on: January 30, 2013, 11:38:54 AM »
[size=8]Spark(tm)[/size]

After months of research, development and testing I'm very pleased to bring you Spark(tm) - the newest board from Naigon's Electronic Creations.

Spark(tm) is designed to be a mid-range board that can fit in any saber - with the main board being 1.75"x 0.92", it is possible to get it in tight places. Further, Spark(tm) has been completely designed around a 1 battery installation, meaning with one 18650 and one board an the TruDrive(tm) you can have an install easily fit in a very small space.

Spark(tm) brings over a lot of features from it's powerful big bro Igniter(tm). TruMix(tm) with 16bit 22050kh audio is present, along with the same blade effects engine, accent engine and motion detection. Spark(tm) uses the same fonts as Igniter(tm), and has similar configuration files.

Where Spark(tm) really differs is in the size - Spark(tm) is slim and trim, coming in at only 1.75" x 0.92", with an extremely low profile of 0.18". The required TruDrive(tm) add-on board being only 0.68" x 0.92" can easily be stacked on top of the main board for great space savings, or the corners can be rounded and it could be put vertically in the hilt for very great savings in space!

Size comparison of Spark(tm) vs. Igniter(tm) and TruColor(tm) vs. TruDrive(tm). Spark is smaller in every dimension.

Spark Features
  • TruMix(tm) w/ 22050Hz audio
  • Same effects as Igniter(tm) - hum, swing, clash, lockup, blaster block, idle.
  • Supports 2 fonts w/ 99 of each effect per bank.
  • Saber Tracks(tm), a third bank that allows you to play all your favorite music and wav files.
  • Supports two color mixing for Blaster Block, Clash and Lockup, allowing variances to be selected for the classic aux flash effect.
  • Blade Swap(tm) allows you to choose which die is for the main blade, allowing a light and dark side saber with a Tri or Quad Rebel!
  • 1.5w 8ohm audio amp.
  • Direct drive LED with blade effects.

Spark(tm) has some unique features of its own. While it is lacking all the color mixing that Igniter(tm) has to offer, Spark(tm) is tuned for TriRebel LEDs, allowing bright main blades with two die and an aux effect with the third die. Spark(tm) does allow both die to be mixed during the Blaster Block, Clash and Lockup effects, and Blaster and Clash/Lockup are separate like Igniter(tm), so each of the two fonts can have two 2-die mixed colors. Further, Spark(tm) has Blade Swap(tm), a new feature that allows you to choose which die is the main blade. That means that if you have a GGRo TriRebel, for font 1 you can use GG off C1 for the main blade, but you can use Ro off C2 for the main blade on font2, allowing a light and dark saber in one!

Spark(tm) does not have any of the advanced features of Igniter(tm) like Saber FX(tm) and the Shade features, but it does have a basic music player: Saber Tracks(tm). Putting your trackNN.wav files in font3 allows them to be played as a music player. You cannot turn on the blade or have any saber effects while they are playing like Igniter(tm).

Also, it should be noted that Spark(tm) being run off one battery is not as loud as Igniter(tm). The sound uses the same 16b 22050Hz so it is very clear and great sounding, but with one battery there just isn't the power for a bigger amp.

Config Editor
A new config editor for Spark(tm) has been created. Similar to the Igniter(tm) Config editor, this program has been simplified with the smaller feature set of Spark(tm). The biggest simplification is in the adding of pre-configured drop downs - instead of having a vast array of sliders that can be daunting to configure, Spark(tm) simply has pre-configured settings that can be chosen from a drop-down. This allows the user to select an effect without worrying too much about the effect, simplifying the configuration process.

Config editor has been simplified for Spark(tm). Accents for instance are simply chosen from a set of pre-defined patterns, eliminating more complex configuration with selecting values.

To edit your files, simply open the program, open the file on disk with the program and select the values you want, then save. The manual (coming very soon) will have this information.

Installation ease
For ease of installation, Spark(tm) will come with the TruDrive(tm) connected to the main board. This allows for an easy installation in situations where there is more room. However, Spark(tm) and the TruDrive(tm) are connected with a special perf line, so you can break them apart if you need to piggy-back the TruDrive(tm) or put it somewhere else in the hilt. This allows a great deal of flexibility.

I Want It!
Spark(tm) is available right now for pre-orders, and will ship out next Monday. You can go to my saberigniter.com site and go to buy to purchase your Spark(tm). I'll be updating the site with the manual and a more detailed comparison of Spark(tm) vs. Igniter(tm) in the coming days.

Green no Red?
There was a miscommunication in ordering, and I ended up with a pile of Green boards instead of Red :( I cannot afford to throw them all away, so I'll need to sell the first batch in Green and then the next batch will be in red.

Thanks for your continued support, without you guys I wouldn't be here today! God Bless, and MTFBWYA!
Naigon
Igniter developer/creater - my site is in my profile!
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=29490.0

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
Re: Introducing Spark(tm)
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 11:44:28 AM »
Hey Scott, this is awesome!

All the features packed into this small board sound great.
The best is the fact that there can be two fonts! Awesome!

Offline Corran Horn

• Formerly known as Keil Edge
  • Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • CSJ Props an NEC Certified Installer
    • CSJ Props
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 11:49:15 AM »
Looks fantastic Scott, I can't wait to pick a couple of these up for the tighter builds I've been working on.

"It's only stupid if we die doing it, otherwise it's heroism." -Corran Horn-

Offline nartules

• Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 11:57:43 AM »
For me the best option is that I can have 2 seperate main blade colors on a board that is a big space saver.  The 2 fonts is also nice, will match a light/dark side.

Time will bring the real end of our trial.  One day they'll be no remnants

Offline Clark Kent

• Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 12:04:15 PM »
 :o
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 07:45:33 AM by Clark Kent »

Offline ARKM

• Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 12:40:30 PM »
Very cool sound board.

Offline blackluc

• Master Force User
  • Lord Saevius
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 12:47:00 PM »
Choosing which die is for the main blade is awesome

French Canadian Sith Lord

Offline Professor Huyang

• Formerly known as TyFighter
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Baron
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 12:49:19 PM »
It is so awesome to see this. In spite tons of great options for builds in this community, you continue to innovate and push the envelope in what you create. Bravo. All at a price point that can't be beat either.
"Many years I have been on this ship teaching many a Jedi before you, and I will continue teaching many a Jedi after you. Call me what you want, but inside my memory banks I contain a record of every lightsaber ever made, and the Jedi who fashioned it."
―Huyang

Offline Link

• Formerly known as airframe31
  • Master Force User
  • Soundfont Artist & SIG Maker :)
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 01:35:38 PM »
Im looking forward to trying this out. I love the Nano Biscotte and this looks awesome too !  Its so nice to have such variations these days !  Ive been on here for 2 years now and WOW ! Just how far the hobby has come is incredible ! 

2 years ago it was CF 4.3 ( I believe lol ) and the CF 5 was just comming out !  They were also a lot harder to get too !  So now fast forward and we have multiple options for soundboards / Plecter & NEC /  and fonts alike PLUS availability is a farcry from what it used to be :)

+1 for the Hobby !!!!!  :)   

Offline DarthAlice880

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2013, 01:46:14 PM »
Yep, the Bomb! I have a few builds that this set up will go in nicely!
[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/d7de3aa0746a70e0.png[/img][/url]

Offline nartules

• Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2013, 02:26:38 PM »
There was a miscommunication in ordering, and I ended up with a pile of Green boards instead of Red :( I cannot afford to throw them all away, so I'll need to sell the first batch in Green and then the next batch will be in red.

So what you are saying is I should buy a green one now, because they are going to be Special Edition Green Collector items? :)

Time will bring the real end of our trial.  One day they'll be no remnants

Offline naigon

• Board Moderator
  • Experienced Force User
  • Naigon's Electronic Creations
    • SaberIgniter.com
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2013, 03:05:04 PM »

So what you are saying is I should buy a green one now, because they are going to be Special Edition Green Collector items? :)

Yeah if you are seeing Green in the future from buying Green then you had better go Green! :p

Seriously I just like the red way better and want all my stuff to be that color.
Naigon
Igniter developer/creater - my site is in my profile!
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=29490.0

Offline Solan Starr

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 03:55:05 AM »
Don't know if I missed it, but does this have accent LED support?

Offline IndustrialAction

• Master Force User
  • IAC - Elegant designs with a more civilized edge
    • IndustrialAction Customs
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2013, 04:06:56 AM »
Yes, it has three accent pads

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2013, 07:22:33 AM »
Scott congratulations on your new product!  Thanks so much for bringing another choice to the community :). 

Facebook: VVFB

retrousse