fiduciary

Author Topic: Acolyte Series LightSaber Charity Event!  (Read 20005 times)

Offline Smokiewan

• Master Force User
  • Canadian Jedi do it in the snow
Re: Acolyte Series LightSaber Charity Event!
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2010, 11:38:09 AM »
By any chance, do you have a mock up/drawing of what they will look like? I'm enamoured with this plan and, if possible, I'd like to be one of the purchasers so that I may be part of it.

Thanks.

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2010, 11:41:51 AM »
By any chance, do you have a mock up/drawing of what they will look like? I'm enamoured with this plan and, if possible, I'd like to be one of the purchasers so that I may be part of it.

Thanks.

They will still be similar to the previous runs of Acolytes, not much changing, ...might see a new design or two, but we wont know until they are complete.  ;)

Needless to say, the ratio of selling to donating just went down significantly, ....so more will get given away than sold.

Offline Smokiewan

• Master Force User
  • Canadian Jedi do it in the snow
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2010, 11:56:53 AM »
OIC.

Well, that's a good thing. Thanks Chewie. I'll be watching.

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2010, 11:57:56 AM »
Oh YAY!!!

Chewie, when I get down there next week, seems we have some shopping to do!

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2010, 12:12:30 PM »
Oh YAY!!!

? for what?

Remember, ....small country town, ...1/2 a walmart and that's about it.

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2010, 12:15:50 PM »
Oh YAY!!!

? for what?

Remember, ....small country town, ...1/2 a walmart and that's about it.

I wanna see what your Radio Shack looks like.  Remember? mine has New York prices?  Besides, I need more shoes.

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline Master Jedye

• The Master of the School for the Dremel-Fu Gifted
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Master Jedye
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2010, 04:32:20 PM »
We've received some VERY useful things, from people who didn't post nor sent a PM.  I assume ya'll want to stay anonymous, so I won't post who sent what, but rest assured... your charity will not go unnoticed or unappreciated. 

You guys rock HARD! 

We don't have an exact tally yet, but Chewie and I are pretty sure MORE than 10 sabers can get donated.

Again, if you know of a needy child that would appreciate a saber for Christmas, please PM CHEWBACCA or me. 
Thank you!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 05:41:30 PM by Master Jedye »

First place winner in the 19 BBY \"Mustafar LavaRock Belly Crawl\"

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2010, 04:11:18 PM »
TCSS order has been placed using the gift certificates sent and paypal donations.

Battery holders arrived today, Thanks BARRISS! I love the smell of new battery packs!  :D
General Grevious, your box arrived today as well,  thanks for the stuff u sent, it'll be useful!

Thank you Forcestruck for your paypal donation, it was used over at TCSS   ;D ;D

Im gonna start soldering wires to LEDs and making the bladeholder setup, (blade holder, lens, lens holder, LED on heatsink) assembly tomorrow afternoon, just waiting on the resistors to arrive and then we'll be mostly good to go on the electronics side o things, ....which is the easy part.

MJ, ...fire up the ole dremel, we gots some tube to start cutting!

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2010, 03:43:41 PM »
Just a quick update:

all the baldeholder/LED/lens/lens holder assemblies are complete and + and - wires to the LEDs soldered on.

MJ has started cutting shrouds, and is about 1/2 way finished (?)

The TCSS order arrives tomorrow and I'll start adding resistors to the negative leads within the week.

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2010, 04:18:48 PM »

I opened it up to find 20 blade holders.  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Who ever donated 20, ...TWENTY 1.25" blade holders, we, Casey and I, and the supporters of this saber event would like to thank you.  :-* :-*

That is AMAZING!

Whoever you are....you are a blessed person!

Offline Jm419

• Master Force User
  • Owl Thread Survivor #19
    • The Star Wars Custom Miniature Database
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2010, 04:20:07 PM »
This is really an amazing deal, Chewie and MJ.  I know where to look if I ever need reassurance in inherent human goodness.

Offline Master Jedye

• The Master of the School for the Dremel-Fu Gifted
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Master Jedye
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2010, 05:57:55 PM »
This is really an amazing deal, Chewie and MJ.  I know where to look if I ever need reassurance in inherent human goodness.

There's plenty of it all around this community.   ;). This run wouldn't be possible without the forum's support.

First place winner in the 19 BBY \"Mustafar LavaRock Belly Crawl\"

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2010, 03:43:52 PM »
Had some time this morning to work on the electronics a little bit.

All Resistors added to the negative leads followed by the negative to the battery pack.
The switches will break the connection, (or make the connection) on the positive side of these, (Standard Stunt design).

Most switches wont be added until the actual hilts are complete, since they attached from the outside the hilt and a nut secures them on the inside.
The electronic setups that use the standard TCSS latching switch will have their switches installed later next week.

Im hoping sometime during mid week I can go get a few of the completed hilts and start adding the electronics in them.

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
Re: Acolyte Series LightSaber Charity Event! Now with pictures and an update!
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2010, 07:09:37 AM »
Here is an update with pictures:

10 of the hilts have been completed and we are currently finishing up on the final 10, which wil hopefully be ready by the weekend.
Of these 10, 4 have been sent out already to meet a timeline for an event.

Now, for what we have all been waiting for.
The original post here explains that this was to be a 1 for 1 event, meaning that for every hilt bought, one would be donated. After we received so many donations, Casey and I decided that we sell only 4 and have the rest donated.
So, ...we sell 4, donate 16.

Also, we have a small list of people wanting these for children in their local area. To those, I will sending a PM later for verification of shipping address.
If YOU know a child who could benefit from these, send us an email at callais@geminiconcepts.net and we will work with you getting a hilt.
We have a limited number of blades, so if you can provide the blade then that will really help out and save on shipping.

Here are the pictures of the ones already sent out:

here are the pictures of the ones remaining from the first batch, ...remember, we still have 10 more to complete. This is a total run of 20.

We would also like to thank Arkai Halon for making us these really cool pommel inserts for this run of acolytes, which he graciously donated.

Also, Thanks to BARRIS OFFEE for providing some grab bags to be included with these hilts, we appreciate that and will be a cool addition to the hilt.

Again, if u know someone who can benefit from a free stunt saber hilt, let us know. If u can provide the blade for the hilt, that would be save us time and shipping costs. Thanks again to everyone who helped us so much

Offline cordaroyfog

• Master Force User
  • Just your friendly neighborhood Fog...
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2010, 07:11:14 AM »
Looks great guys! There are going to be some VERY happy kids this holiday season!

retrousse