fiduciary

Author Topic: Fx-Sabers Members Photo Thread  (Read 355086 times)

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
Re: Fx-Sabers Members Photo Thread
« Reply #1320 on: September 03, 2008, 07:13:42 PM »
Bin Adam, your daughter is beautiful!  All of your daughters are, actually.  Poor daddy to have 3 daughters as good looking as they are!!! :D

As reluctant as I am to discuss religion (along with the other two of the Big 3) my personal opinion is that the more extreme of any religion is a small yet noisy faction that gives everyone else a bad name.  Any man that puts a light saber in his daughter's hands is good people in my book. 
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 07:36:10 PM by Je-Rel Drood »

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline Cristar Attevan

• Experienced Force User
  • Virtus et decus.
    • Yannus Furzon Saberworks
« Reply #1321 on: September 03, 2008, 07:54:58 PM »
As reluctant as I am to discuss religion (along with the other two of the Big 3)

Would those two be politics and The Great Pumpkin?

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #1322 on: September 03, 2008, 08:15:53 PM »
As reluctant as I am to discuss religion (along with the other two of the Big 3)

Would those two be politics and The Great Pumpkin?

Silly man! It's Politics and Marvel vs. DC!   ::)

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline Cristar Attevan

• Experienced Force User
  • Virtus et decus.
« Reply #1323 on: September 03, 2008, 08:22:31 PM »
     Ah.  Of course.  I once put an incredible strain on the relationship of a friend of mine and his girlfriend when I convinced her that DC is (of course) better than Marvel.  My friend didn't like that.  I think it did in fact contribute to their eventual breakup.  A very serious issue indeed...

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #1324 on: September 03, 2008, 08:27:03 PM »
Top Cow/Image!! ;D Though...top use to be CHAOS! comics... RIP CHAOS!... :'(
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

MR Sabers: Dual Darth Maul 2006 **stolen** :'(
Grayven "Original"
"The Chosen" by Ben Kenobi
Static RLSA "Nameless" (gift from Vosk)

Offline Bin Adam

• Master Force User
  • Muslim Knights: Fighting the Terror Within
    • For Those Who Reflect
« Reply #1325 on: September 03, 2008, 08:31:45 PM »
Peace be upon all,

Well, with a special dedication to Je-Rel Drood, Shaak Ti and all the other amazing female Knights and Lords on this forum and others, I present Princess Layla ...
I wasn't sure if I'd get the chance to see her in a photo with a lightsaber before I died but she was really motivated and moved by the warm comments by Je-Rel, Shaak and others to reveal the Knight within after all these years!  ;D

She's the Comfort of my Eye, the Nest of my Children, the Dignity of my Household and my Companion on the Path of Purification.

I hope she has the honor of your welcome as a Sister.
Bin Adam
The battle outside, starts inside.
"Don't desire to meet your enemy, but if you do be steadfast."

Offline Cristar Attevan

• Experienced Force User
  • Virtus et decus.
« Reply #1326 on: September 03, 2008, 08:42:15 PM »
RIP CHAOS!... :'(

Ah... I remember Chaos! when they were first getting really popular.  That was (roughly) right as I was beginning to work in the comics biz.  I know I somewhere have pics of me with Brian Pulido and Steven Hughes from the cons that we were at.  Hughes was a very nice guy... he really is greatly missed.

And Bin Adam... once again, excellent photos.  Wow!  She's rocking the single, double, and the staff too!  A formidable lady indeed!  And she's without question very fortunate to have a husband who speaks so highly and lovingly about her.  Thanks again for sharing your family with us...

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #1327 on: September 03, 2008, 08:43:41 PM »
Bin: Tell your lovely wife we are most honored and joyful to have her presence here with us at last :) She has a very kind and beautiful face Ben. I can see in her eyes why you love her so much.

I have an odd ability to see the inner self of people in photos...

Also, tell her...she looks splendid wielding those sabers! Looks like she's had some practice ;)

Quote from: Cristar Attevan on Today at 08:42:15 PM
     Ah... I remember Chaos! when they were first getting really popular.  That was (roughly) right as I was beginning to work in the comics biz.  I know I somewhere have pics of me with Brian Pulido and Steven Hughes from the cons that we were at.  Hughes was a very nice guy... he really is greatly missed.

Yeah, when I read Steve had died I was shocked - just as I was recently when I learned my favorite comic artist Michael Turner died fighting cancer. I was fortunate to purchase Lady Death and Purgitory comics he had penciled, as well as the memorial comic they released not long after. It is a pity I never got to attend any cons, nor had the opportunity to meet Steve. He inspired me to draw comic book style first, then Turner with his Witchblade style.

*sigh* The greats are dying...or leaving...and comics are going down hill with the thousands of titles being released over the years.

Soo... you were in the Biz?? What were did ya do?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 08:53:03 PM by SHAAK TI »
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

Grayven "Original"

Offline Cristar Attevan

• Experienced Force User
  • Virtus et decus.
« Reply #1328 on: September 03, 2008, 08:56:08 PM »
     Okay... because I know he won't get off his butt and upload one himself, here's a pic of my bud (and fellow forum member) Yannus Nosevi.  It was at the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia a few months ago.  The youngling he's holding is his padawan son.  The one with the big ears in the background is some 900-year-old guy that just happened to be there too.

(Click for larger version)

Aww..how cute child!

Yes, he is indeed!  I just visited his dad (Yannus) and the youngling today.  He was jumping all around with his Clone Wars Ultimate Lightsaber kit, swinging at and striking everything in sight (including me-- LOL!).  It's very much like watching Yoda fight.  Lots of energy!  The Force is definitely strong with that one!

Offline Maelstrom65

• Padawan Learner
  • Jedi Cowboy
« Reply #1329 on: September 03, 2008, 09:25:29 PM »
My collection thus far:

All are MR ForceFX except for the one at the far left of image 1 and the top of image 2.  It's an UltraFX Luke ANH Conversion (with the Consular Green LED)

Cheers

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
« Reply #1330 on: September 03, 2008, 09:27:31 PM »
Very cool pics of your wife, Bin Adam.   

It's great to see families having good, old fashioned fun. (well...old fashioned in a futuristic, galaxy far, far away kinda way)  ;) 

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #1331 on: September 04, 2008, 06:30:26 PM »
 ;)

we are honored to see your wonderful family here and  we are honored to have her with us. ;D

Offline Delta48

• Mascot Clone Trooper
  • Master Force User
« Reply #1332 on: September 04, 2008, 06:38:48 PM »
My collection thus far:

All are MR ForceFX except for the one at the far left of image 1 and the top of image 2.  It's an UltraFX Luke ANH Conversion (with the Consular Green LED)

Cheers
dude if you stared at that for 3 hours you'd go blind

Offline Cristar Attevan

• Experienced Force User
  • Virtus et decus.
« Reply #1333 on: September 04, 2008, 06:53:26 PM »
Yeah, when I read Steve had died I was shocked - just as I was recently when I learned my favorite comic artist Michael Turner died fighting cancer.
     Turner was a really great guy, too... always talking to the fans and doing sketches and signing autographs.  That's so rare in a world where you have people like John Byrne who sit behind their table at cons with a flipped-around name tag that reads, "OFF DUTY" and scowl at the fans when they don't want to talk to people.  It makes you appreciate guys like Turner and Hughes and others who are so great to the fans even more.

Soo... you were in the Biz?? What were did ya do?
     I worked for a couple of years for an indy publisher, doing everything from inking to coloring (my biggest job) to lettering and layout and design.  It wasn't a very good comic at all (and I look back at my work now and very nearly barf at how bad it was!)... but it got me the experience not only in the comics business, but in publishing and prepress.  And it took me to ComiCon in San Diego a couple of times, where I even got to sign autographs and all that cool stuff (not that anyone actually knew who the heck I was anyway!).  But it was an all-access pass to hang out with the comic greats, and meet people who were my (artistic) heroes.  I was at an after-party one year, shooting pool with George PĂ©rez and Ron Garney and chatting with Bill Tucci... I was like a kid in a candy store!

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #1334 on: September 04, 2008, 07:21:55 PM »
Wow... Dude, you've kinda lived one of my life long dreams lol I always wanted to get into the comic biz, but being that I stink and sequential, can't ink worth my life and an novice at photoshop coloring... I don't exactly fit anywhere in the industry. I just design characters and clothes, as well as do some pretty decent cover art. Maybe comic books isn't my future, but I'd certainly like to put my foot into the door of the Digital arts Industry.

Whao...way off topic here lol *starts rummaging through digi photos...* One of my adventures in Holland. Star Wars Kamino costuming club. We got paid for showing up for a special SW thing for Pringles in Rotterdam. Was fun. We even went across the lot to Toys R Us and paraded through the aisles ;D

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b336/LadySythe/PICT2163.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b336/LadySythe/Star_Wars_Disco_by_Quinlan_Vos-r-1.jpg

Yeah, they are a bunch of dorks lol Only myself and my now ex best friend (the old lady wearing MY hooded cloak and dressed in tribal jewelry) were the sane ones. Oh and the Stormtrooper :P

Grayven "Original"

retrousse