fiduciary

Author Topic: DY's Luke ANH VS Anakin ROTS Review  (Read 17232 times)

Offline Darth Centorus

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Kel-Qui
    • My "crazybrittishninja" YouTube Channel
Re: DY's Luke ANH VS Anakin ROTS Review
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2009, 05:01:17 PM »
The ANH was my first one too.  Is the size of the ESB really that noticeable?
I just took some pics of them both together as I thought that would be better than me trying to work out the dimentions
(ANH bottom : ESB top)

(ANH left : ESB right)

My Sabers
Spirit - Custom build by JQ Sabers
MR Luke ESB
MR Anakin ROTS <signed by Dave Prowse
Stunt saber no electronics
1 Half of the Twin Dragon - MHS custom build by me

Offline DarthYoda

• Experienced Force User
    • Phantom Files
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2009, 05:52:31 PM »
idk if i like the esb. it is noticeably different size wise and other things. I bet it would be better for dueling though since it is longer.

Offline Jm419

• Master Force User
  • Owl Thread Survivor #19
    • The Star Wars Custom Miniature Database
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2009, 05:59:32 PM »
Oh, yeah, it's noticeably thicker.  Huh.  Is it a chrome finish, like the Anakin, or a buffed polish, like the Luke ANH?

Offline DarthYoda

• Experienced Force User
    • Phantom Files
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2009, 06:08:21 PM »
looks like the luke not shiny like that anakin

Offline Darth Centorus

• Master Force User
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2009, 02:27:23 AM »
idk if i like the esb. it is noticeably different size wise and other things. I bet it would be better for dueling though since it is longer.

I must admit I find it much better for dualing because of the size difference but not just the length but the grip section feels smaller also the activation switch is in an ideal place for easy on & off but you are less likely to accidently turn it off during spinning however the ANH is much lighter for doing thoes quick spins and more realistic for where the activation switch should be.

Oh, yeah, it's noticeably thicker.  Huh.  Is it a chrome finish, like the Anakin, or a buffed polish, like the Luke ANH?

the finish is more like the Luke ANH but it's darker

My Sabers
MR Luke ESB

Offline Jm419

• Master Force User
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2009, 05:30:23 AM »
Ah.  Got it.  Do you think it's worth picking up?

Offline Darth Centorus

• Master Force User
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2009, 02:31:04 PM »
Ah.  Got it.  Do you think it's worth picking up?

Most deffinatly, if you can get hold of one it is well worth getting  ;D

My Sabers
MR Luke ESB

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2009, 09:04:39 AM »
Excellent review! Alot of pics, detail, backround history on each version, well done! I will always have a soft spot for the Luke ANH version over the Anakin. This is the very First Lightsaber the world was introduced to, and has a richer history for me, having been previoulsy owned, stored and repaired by Obi Wan, then passed on to Luke, who confronts his father with Vader's former weapon! It does'nt get much better than that.

Offline DarthYoda

• Experienced Force User
    • Phantom Files
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2009, 09:19:56 AM »
I just noticed something. In those pics of Luke ESB and Luke ANH, the controll box is on the opposite side again! I also noticed that Luke had started restoring it or at least trying to. Looks like the strip on the controll box was changed to try and match the original design, the control box was flipped back to the other side, and (though the buttons are not amber colored) looks like he was trying to make the buttons the original size and bigger like the original design. Did luke use the force and see an image of what it once looked like? I just don't know why he would extend the base longer and put rivets in the grip. I can understand the sterdier belt clip at the end of the saber. Or, he was just trying to understand how a saber worked, so when he completed his training as a Jedi, he would be able to make a new one. either way, it looked like he was trying to restore it and add his own flair.

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2009, 01:11:09 PM »
Remember that there is supposed to be about a 3 yr gap between ANH and ESB. One might assume that during Luke's skirmishes as a Rebel Commander, his saber might have suffered minor damage here and there, and refitted it as needed.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 01:13:19 PM by sithslayer1 »

Offline Jm419

• Master Force User
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2009, 01:49:47 PM »
I just noticed something. In those pics of Luke ESB and Luke ANH, the controll box is on the opposite side again! I also noticed that Luke had started restoring it or at least trying to. Looks like the strip on the controll box was changed to try and match the original design, the control box was flipped back to the other side, and (though the buttons are not amber colored) looks like he was trying to make the buttons the original size and bigger like the original design. Did luke use the force and see an image of what it once looked like? I just don't know why he would extend the base longer and put rivets in the grip. I can understand the sterdier belt clip at the end of the saber. Or, he was just trying to understand how a saber worked, so when he completed his training as a Jedi, he would be able to make a new one. either way, it looked like he was trying to restore it and add his own flair.

That's a possiblity.  I just assumed Lucas wanted to change it up.  Lol.

Offline Darth Centorus

• Master Force User
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2009, 02:22:11 PM »
Remember that there is supposed to be about a 3 yr gap between ANH and ESB. One might assume that during Luke's skirmishes as a Rebel Commander, his saber might have suffered minor damage here and there, and refitted it as needed.

Plus don't forget during that 3yr gap he was more or less training himself so he may have taken the saber apart to study how it works and either found ways to improve it or he may have just done what we all have proberly done and lost bits and had to use somthing different in it's place LOL

My Sabers
MR Luke ESB

retrousse