fiduciary

Author Topic: CFv8 FOC question  (Read 716 times)

Offline Seo Xeromi

• No Force
CFv8 FOC question
« on: March 14, 2017, 08:57:04 AM »
Hello all,

I just finished a Korbanth Obi TPM CFv8 conversion and I have a question about using FOC. When I wired up the tri-cree BBW I wired the three positives together while keeping the negatives separate for the two main leds and the white for FOC. Unfortunately I didn't realize that you're supposed to take the positive for the FOC directly from the + pad for the battery--not the + pad through the main led driver. So I'm not sure now if it's possible to have FOC at all. Currently I have all three dies wired together so the blade is a very bright pale blue which looks nice, but I'm wondering if there is a way to get that white "on top" FOC by putting the FOC negative wire on one of the other channels? I'm really new to this so thanks for your advice in advance.

Loving the CFv8, btw!

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
Re: CFv8 FOC question
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 09:41:32 AM »
your foc di(c)e must be separated from the main driver and hooked either to a color extender, or to the onboard power extender using separate + and - wires (+ to the battery, - to the back side PEx pad)

Offline Seo Xeromi

• No Force
Re: CFv8 FOC question
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 02:06:24 PM »
Ok that's what I thought. No problem--I'll stick with the light blue blade then. Thank you for the response, Erv!

retrousse