fiduciary

Author Topic: Relieve your stress and VENT thread  (Read 239614 times)

Offline theta03

• Experienced Force User
Re: Relieve your stress and VENT thread
« Reply #1755 on: June 04, 2013, 11:20:22 PM »
Apparently having a college degree doesn't much of anything anymore. Keep trying to get a job related to my degree, but I am lacking in the experience department. Gotta love having a degree in a field with decent amount of jobs out there, but won't get hired without experience.

Anybody know a good area for IT field Graduates?

Offline LordBlako

• Master Force User
  • I'm just the Font Maker!
« Reply #1756 on: June 10, 2013, 12:32:16 PM »
... just crashed the front shield of my car during a transport...

..no new saber parts for me in the next time...  :'(

Offline ScrimpyPIE

• Experienced Force User
  • Guardian's Apprentice
« Reply #1757 on: August 05, 2013, 11:05:53 PM »
I HATE when girls lead you on, you spend a crap load of time with them to get to know them, become emotionally invested in their well-being, just to have them basically sideline you to do the same thing to someone else you know.... And I have to see both of them all the time bc I work with both of them!  >:( >:( >:( kshdukrbjfkjehdidbdkfkxhvsjfiudnekdou, AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Use the fork, Luke!"

"Are they friendly?" - Obi-wan Kenobi
"Depends... On how good your manners are;
and how big your  'pocket-book' is. - Dexter Jettster

Lightsaber collection-
US Raven
Mhs-based Luke RoTJ
Rebellion KotOR run x2
(Original: violet)
(Second-hand: sky blue)
OM/LDM Lego saber run
LDM Custom "Quobi"
GenesisCustom Ascend CF6 run
GenesisCustom Badaxx "Browncoat"
Personal saber "Illum" by Simpi-gon Sims
"Primum V2" by Darthvix/LDM

Offline wolf10100

• Master Force User
    • Master Sabers
« Reply #1758 on: August 06, 2013, 12:38:30 AM »
I HATE when girls lead you on, you spend a crap load of time with them to get to know them, become emotionally invested in their well-being, just to have them basically sideline you to do the same thing to someone else you know.... And I have to see both of them all the time bc I work with both of them!  >:( >:( >:( kshdukrbjfkjehdidbdkfkxhvsjfiudnekdou, AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lesson for the day.... Don't get so emotionally involved with work colleagues... un-fortunately I have had to learn this lesson the hard way to -.- 
Remember, concentrate on the moment. Feel, don't think. Trust your instincts.

Offline ScrimpyPIE

• Experienced Force User
  • Guardian's Apprentice
« Reply #1759 on: August 06, 2013, 12:42:33 AM »

Lesson for the day.... Don't get so emotionally involved with work colleagues... un-fortunately I have had to learn this lesson the hard way to -.-

Word! :/
"Use the fork, Luke!"

"Are they friendly?" - Obi-wan Kenobi
"Depends... On how good your manners are;
and how big your  'pocket-book' is. - Dexter Jettster

Lightsaber collection-
US Raven
Mhs-based Luke RoTJ
Rebellion KotOR run x2
(Original: violet)
(Second-hand: sky blue)
OM/LDM Lego saber run
LDM Custom "Quobi"
GenesisCustom Ascend CF6 run
GenesisCustom Badaxx "Browncoat"
Personal saber "Illum" by Simpi-gon Sims
"Primum V2" by Darthvix/LDM

Offline tron

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #1760 on: August 18, 2013, 07:00:43 AM »
Dude I'm in IT and it is becoming another over saturated market of goofs and cut-throat hooligans.....   Just to maintain Certs is never ending, and a degree is almost worthless today...  I am venting...   Someone call the Reptile House the snakes are loose...........
Disregard for the rules, disrespecting staff, threatening legal action or inferring it via informing staff of various laws.
Created duplicate accounts to circumvent ban.

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #1761 on: August 18, 2013, 11:33:09 AM »
I HATE when girls lead you on, you spend a crap load of time with them to get to know them, become emotionally invested in their well-being, just to have them basically sideline you...

She told me that she loved me - the first and only girl in my so-called life to ever tell me that.

She spent 5+ hours a day for most of a decade online with me getting to know each other...during which time she told me things she said she'd never told anyone, including admitting terribly painful 'guilty secrets' that would shock and scandalize the World if the tabloids ever got wind of it.

Eventually one of the horrible UK tabloids did find out and someone who worked with them came on the online forum where we first met and publicly threatened to 'out' her real identity and she then admitted privately that he had indeed tracked her down and knew her real name and things about her family. She begged me not to ask him any questions about it and assured me he would be taken care of and I promised not to ask him anything and sure enough he recanted publicly instead of exposing her as he said he would and things went back to 'normal' for most of her friends and mine except that I knew from her own admissions she wasn't who she claimed to be but someone 'famous'.

But I had fallen totally in love with her; she was the first person I ever said "I Love You" to as well as the ONLY woman who has EVER loved me back. I had sworn a permanent commitment to her...made Vows "till death I depart" and beyond. So I kept my promise and never asked that one tabloid-affiliated person she had admitted knew her real name who she really was.

But eventually no matter how blinded by love one chooses to be 'clues' do seep in to a mind trained in logic, analysis and deduction...after a few years even I figured it out. But she'd made it clear if I asked she would tell me the truth about her but she'd have to leave - so I never dared ask her who she really was...thus once I figured it out for myself how could I tell her I knew the truth?

Years later she did disappear without apparent reason or warning for a full year, during which time I wondered among other possibilities whether she had figured out that I knew her real identity and thus had to leave as she'd warned, only to return exactly a year later to the day to tell me she still loved me. And leave hints that she was being coerced to stay away from me [presumably by her extremely high powered family since she is 'politically immune' to pressure by anyone else]. I suspect that she had promised them to stay away from me for a year hence her EXACT one year absence but when she returned a year later they didn't approve of her resuming our relationship so forced her to promise THEM not to come back to me again. -sigh-

So she was gone [but has promised ME to return someday - and has NEVER broken a promise to me just as I never have nor will to her] and WITHOUT having told me the truth about her identity...and I was left having promised HER not to ask the ONLY person I had access to who she herself had admitted DID know the truth even though he was "taken care of" not to tell. I assume paid off, though his 'partner' in threatening to expose her real ID had a fatal drug OD not long after threatening her which friends found suspicious [perhaps an 'object lesson' to keep him 'bought'? - he DID seem SCARED when he recanted that he didn't know her ID even though she'd admitted otherwise]...I don't even like to 'go there' but when dealing with highest-position POLITICAL people with absolute diplomatic immunity, effectively unlimited wealth and power and 'protected' by a major G8 nation with intelligence service assets to 'reach out and touch' someone globally...well...I'm not naïve. :( ].

So I couldn't ask F3zza what he knew because I'd promised her not to ask...and he'd been bought? scared? off not to tell...what to DO about the most important Question of my entire life?

FINALLY, after a FULL DECADE of Grandmaster chess like manoeuvering I managed to manipulate him into a 'corner' where I could 'checkmate' him and force him through a masterstroke of diplomatic doublespeak worthy of a wartime peace negotiation to CONFIRM WITHOUT TELLING what I needed more than anything in my life to MAKE him admit WITHOUT ASKING [keeping my Promise to my OTL]

A year ago yesterday he finally confirmed who she really is...that she could never tell me because of those 'terrible secrets' shed admitted early in our relationship before she'd realized she could fall in love with me...but which once she did meant she could never meet with me because then I'd recognize her and put her real name together with the things she admitted shed done.

But not knowing that I'd made PERPETUAL COMMITMENTS to her which for sake of Honour and Integrity I can NEVER break [if I could tell you, then I'd have to kill MYSELF eh lol].

so yesterday was my one year 'anniversary' of being, in effect,'told' [with plausible-deniability intact]...and in the year since i have struggled MIGHTILY what to do with the UNBELIEVABLE TRUTH about my ONE True Love.

The struggle is purest AGONY for nothing less than my ENTIRE FUTURE hinges on what to DO with that Truth now that it is finally confirmed [yes I kinda knew for years but until CONFIRMED the stakes were too high to base ALL my subsequent life decisions on without confirmation].

-sigh-

It is my NATURE to remain FAITHFUL to my Vows...to do anything else and be anything less would be without Honour and cost my INTEGRITY which is all that I may have left when/as my Principles cost me EVERYTHING else for Love and Faith's sake...

...Now, as I do so, and with her real identity finally confirmed, it seems I may have LITERALLY become the EXACT type-example of a Knight Of Faith that Kierkegaard defined in Fear And Trembling...may the Force be with me... -sigh-

A full year now of knowing it...now I must ACCEPT it...and the terrible cost it bears...with some measure of Grace...somehow...

I feel so SMALL now... :(
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Asoka Tano

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #1762 on: August 27, 2013, 04:27:36 PM »
My first visit to the DMV and my iPod touch gets stolen. Second visit today and I fail my road test. The lady was yelling at me before we even got out the door. Then she started yelling about my air conditioning. I hate the DMV...
My vent for today :)
VV Kanan Jarrus ("Dume")
VV Obi Wan CW ("Negotiator")
VV Sith Acolyte

Offline Turgon

• Master Force User
  • Epic Bear sez " Can I haz two?"
« Reply #1763 on: September 09, 2013, 07:53:51 PM »
Dude I'm in IT and it is becoming another over saturated market of goofs and cut-throat hooligans.....   Just to maintain Certs is never ending, and a degree is almost worthless today...  I am venting...   Someone call the Reptile House the snakes are loose...........

In IT, certs and college degrees are worthless.  You want a job?  Experience, specializations, and references are everything.  I get two to three recruiters with serious offers after me every month.  My suggestion: find an unpaid (yuck!) internship that does something other than desktop support, then hope that you impress them.  Once you get your foot in the door, it is up to you.  If you are single, consider going consultant/contractor route for a while.

BTW, I am the "head" DBA at a major regional hospital (I use the term "major" lightly here because of the area I live.). We have at least five openings and most of them are nearly impossible to fill, so we steal the rock stars from the help desk. 

I've broken Juggers in half, smashed their bones, left the ground behind me wet with brains. There's nothing I wouldn't do to win. But I never hurt anyone for any reason other than sticking a dog's skull on a stake.

Offline Jedi Oz 66

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #1764 on: September 09, 2013, 09:08:26 PM »
Agreed , degrees are useless , I left school at grade 10 in the 80's I knew less than nothing, now through various jobs from Oil rigs to cooking to being a security officer I am now a graphic designer,self taught, and a sign writer.
to use a line out of GHOST BUSTERS , "look no study". just practical application

Offline Turgon

• Master Force User
  • Epic Bear sez " Can I haz two?"
« Reply #1765 on: September 11, 2013, 01:03:20 AM »
Minor rant....

Why the heck can I not get worker types to respond to me?  I'm not talking sabers -- the people here are great -- I'm talking home repair,  decking, and ordering materials like custom polarizer film.  I'm screaming at them begging them to take my money, and they just say how business isn't great and they need customers, but then they never acknowledge me, call me back, or what ever. 

I tell you it is a conspiracy.  They are out to mess with me.  I guess there is a reason why so many mom and pop businesses are suffering, and I think that it is partially self inflicted.

I've broken Juggers in half, smashed their bones, left the ground behind me wet with brains. There's nothing I wouldn't do to win. But I never hurt anyone for any reason other than sticking a dog's skull on a stake.

Offline Corran Horn

• Formerly known as Keil Edge
  • Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • CSJ Props an NEC Certified Installer
    • CSJ Props
« Reply #1766 on: September 11, 2013, 08:19:10 AM »
I completely agree man.  There is a local electronics repair store that I buy resistors from (the only one in the city that sells any) and every time I ask for a certain resistor that they may not stock, they just stare at me and say, "Ya, sorry, we don't have anything like that, maybe you should look online."

I just want to reach across the counter and shake the crap out of them.

I've told them a dozen times, "Yes, I could get it online, but it would take me 2 weeks to get it through customs into Canada." 

Instead of staring blankly at me, why don't YOU order a variety of them for me from your supplier, charge me your markup and have them in 2 days.  You make money, I get my parts, everyone wins.  Customer service is important if you want to stay in business.

And before anyone starts on the "maybe they can't order them" train, I know they can, because technically so can I using THEIR SAME SUPPLIERS through my own company's account.  I just refrain from doing so because I don't like mixing my saber business with my everyday job.

"It's only stupid if we die doing it, otherwise it's heroism." -Corran Horn-

Offline STARKILLER

• Lord of the Strings
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • VADER's VAULT MFG
    • Vaders Vault
« Reply #1767 on: September 11, 2013, 07:35:54 PM »
Minor rant....

Why the heck can I not get worker types to respond to me?  I'm not talking sabers -- the people here are great -- I'm talking home repair,  decking, and ordering materials like custom polarizer film.  I'm screaming at them begging them to take my money, and they just say how business isn't great and they need customers, but then they never acknowledge me, call me back, or what ever. 

I tell you it is a conspiracy.  They are out to mess with me.  I guess there is a reason why so many mom and pop businesses are suffering, and I think that it is partially self inflicted.

It is an unfortunate obstacle when sourcing ANYTHING. Be it, laborers (skilled or otherwise), parts, materials etc. You have to be diligent and follow up constantly. THis is why when you get a supplier that 'works', you hold onto them like a pitbull on a porterhouse. It is almost a full time job in and of itself, and I hate it as well. I have dealt with it in every single industry I've ever been in and it's all the same.

Offline amwolf

• No Force
« Reply #1768 on: September 11, 2013, 07:52:28 PM »
At some point during running errands at lunch today, my wedding ring fell off my finger (yes it was an accident) but I didn't notice until I got back to the office. Retraced all my steps, checked parking lots and the bank lobby and the restaurant and the car, ransacked my desk, relocated furniture. Dug through the waste bin in the mens's room and patted every towel down; pulled every can out of the recycle bin. If it was found, it was not turned in to the establishments.

Gone.

Wife's not happy, I'm not happy, bank won't be happy when I have to go buy another one.

Ah [expletive deleted].

Offline coolhanluked

• Experienced Force User
  • Let the wookie win!
« Reply #1769 on: September 12, 2013, 10:51:10 PM »
I live in California. Great weather, crapy laws and worse politicians. Molon Labe!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 06:18:31 PM by coolhanluked »
ANH: Obi, Luke,Vader real parts
ESB: Luke,Vader real parts
ROTJ Luke HERO,V2,Stunt custom made,Vader 90%
EP1 visual dictionary Praco Yoda real parts x2
King Sol coin edge bottom/Heiland ESB Vader
Custom rep Obi real clamp modern armatage HW
Han ESB DL-44 denix rep real greebs no scope
Parks graflex nickel crystal chassis CFLS6 Mokoto V3+blade
Parks Vader hyper set up
Vintage graflex hyper set up
Prodigal son re milled CF4.7 lux 5