fiduciary

Author Topic: Durability for heavy dueling?  (Read 3384 times)

Offline Darth Generiq

• No Force
Durability for heavy dueling?
« on: March 30, 2008, 02:19:14 AM »
Hi all,

I'm new to this whole forum thing, but I am wondering if any of the Dueling groups out there actually duel, or stick with the choreography.  I am part of the Santa Barbara Jedi Order, a lifestyle Jedi and lightsaber enthusiast group which focuses primarily on the Martial Arts/sparring/dueling side of things, and dabbles a tad in the choreography aspect.  Right now we use ParksSabers, but I am researching other saber possibilities for our newer members.  Any feedback as to the durability of the various blades out there in relation to heavy contact sparring would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Offline vortextwist

• formerly known as vortextwist
  • Master Force User
Re: Durability for heavy dueling?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 05:11:01 AM »
There are already several places that pretty much do the same thing. www.nyjedi.com and www.lajedi.com

Here is some places for bette and brighter sabers.

www.thecustomsabershop.com
www.ultrasabers.com

Offline Darth Generiq

• No Force
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 05:31:23 PM »
I have been talking to LAJedi, and been informed in a rather rude way that they do not partake in dueling, as it is too dangerous.  They stick strictly to choreography.  However, I have yet to post on NYJedi looking for other duelists, though when I talked to Flynn, NYJedi's founder, he seemed very interested in sparring.  Perhaps someone there would have input on the durability of the various blades out there.

Thanks.

Offline DevilGuy

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 10:46:58 AM »
I've been working on a set of rules for full contact dueling using sparing forms. If you want durable dueling blades look no further than ultra or TCSS thick walled polycarbonate blades, they've got great durability and using  blade films and single luxeon LED's with optics is now both cheaper and brighter than the older EL blades, it's also alot more durable.

Offline Sith_Lord_Shadow

• Master Force User
  • Devastation20X Thats my LIVE Gamertag.
    • Gamers Club
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 01:40:42 PM »
Ive been to ultrasabers and got a blade there, but its a DIY project. If you have questoins about it, Private Message me.
FX- Sabers Official ** smashes head into monitor ** Guy.

"Good things happen to good people, but sometimes you just have to wait."

retrousse