fiduciary

Author Topic: NEW 2017 KORBANTH Saber runs - NEW ANNOUNCEMENTS - updated July 4  (Read 31481 times)

Offline georgie_j0

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Re: NEW 2017 KORBANTH Saber runs - NEW ANNOUNCEMENTS
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2017, 02:48:20 PM »
Sid 2.0 please! But what about duke saber?

Offline Darth PJs

• Force User
  • Don't Question R2-D2's street cred!
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2017, 02:17:40 PM »
Does anyone know the ID of the (current) crossguard hilt? Wondering if a 28mm bass speaker will fit.Im assuming the 2.0 will be the same size

It's a 7/8" ID so the 28mm bass speaker will not work.

Offline kman

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2017, 04:25:38 PM »
Interested, and signed up. :)

Say, is there an acronym translation table somewhere on this site?  Some of the terms are easy to figure out, but some of the model number abbreviations and names are as clear as mud when you're still figuring things out. :(

(ex: what is Sid?  And maybe an explanation of which saber is which, for the whole Korbanth lineup?)

Offline Chowser

• Master Force User
  • Greetings Program!
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2017, 05:58:26 PM »
To avoid legal issues.  You have to figure it out.

Owk. Obiwankenobi
Dm. Darthmaul
Sid. Sidious
Ls6. Lukeepisode6
Etc.

Or just look at the pictures:)

Offline kman

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2017, 06:17:22 PM »
To avoid legal issues.  You have to figure it out.

Owk. Obiwankenobi
Dm. Darthmaul
Sid. Sidious
Ls6. Lukeepisode6
Etc.

Or just look at the pictures:)

When the picture is there I don't need to wonder which one is being discussed. ;)

But yes, this is helpful.  "Sidious" didn't occur to me for some reason.  And the Ep # didn't either.  So now I understand the story behind DV6 (I know what MPP is, fortunately!).

Offline korbanth

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2017, 08:43:06 AM »
by celebration, all will be announced. be sure to join my new products announcement by clicking here - Subscribe to our Newsletters

remember, your not obligated by signing up, its just I will have a way to tell you directly what is being planned, a huge bonus for those that dont always log on to forums and facebook to see what is up.

yes, this year, Sid 2.0, Crossguard 2.0 and LS6-Reveal-Gullwing are the 3 sabers of the year...if there was an award for best new released sabers, these 3 would be fighting each other to be it....3 way tie.

Each year, my sources do better...they design specs better, we get our china manufactoring better, we get build times faster, Q&A is improved, but it still takes time to make a good product, and this hobby of ours is always been patience first, reward second.  I appreciate all that stick with me...

Offline Sini Star

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2017, 12:02:44 PM »
Take my money please !

Offline WookieCookie

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2017, 09:04:34 PM »
Will the emitter on the Sid be threaded with a blade retention screw? It would be awesome to do some light dueling with it. :evil:

Offline GalaxyM31

• No Force
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2017, 05:02:09 AM »
I definitely want two LS6, and the Sid.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 05:45:54 PM by GalaxyM31 »

Offline Darth PJs

• Force User
  • Don't Question R2-D2's street cred!
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2017, 11:49:14 AM »
I'm interested. Will the new LS6 be install friendly-meaning will it have at least a 1" ID?  I was able to install the last LS6, but it was a struggle.

I am also interested in the Sid 2.0 as well. I have a Sid 1.0 installed and need a second for the pair!  Thanks!

Offline TheSaberCore

• Force User
  • Every saber has a core.
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2017, 06:34:28 AM »
I'm interested. Will the new LS6 be install friendly-meaning will it have at least a 1" ID?  I was able to install the last LS6, but it was a struggle.
I'm also wondering this question as well, I'm hoping to put a Prizm in it.
"Luke."

"The Belonging you seek is not behind you, it is ahead."

Offline korbanth

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2017, 08:16:39 AM »
the new Crossguard 2.0 saber is going to be 1 inch main blade and 3/4 inch side blades, and is $250 for it.  The side pieces will be straight, and it will have the familiar damage and wires on the side....

the new LS6-Reveal-Gullwing saber is also going to be 1 inch blade, and is $250 for it - it will come with both V1 Hero activation box, that has gull wing doors that open up on the bottom for a crystal reveal chamber as well as pulls apart for reveal chamber. Saber also comes with the Clamp for those who want to make V2 and V2 stunt model...

the new Sid 2.0 saber will have screw on emitter and made just slightly bigger to accomodate electronics/sound boards better, but it wont be so much larger that you'll not be pleased, but this saber is harder to balance between accuracy and installability, so it might be hard to have both exactly the way we want.  As you guessed, the SID 2.0 saber will not be for sale...it will be given away to any customers who purchase a crossguard 2.0 and a LS6-Reveal, or 2 LS6, or 2 Crossguard 2.0 sabers.. I know some will just want the sid, but my supplier is giving these to me for free to be given away for those that do the preorder on the two new ones.  The purpose on the free saber, is to make sure we get enough pre-orders on the two new ones to make sure the run becomes 100% GREEN LIGHT - I will have enough sids to make sure everyone will get one who buys the 2 sabers.   Maybe you dont want one of the two, but you've found a friend who will go in with you, so maybe you can buy two of the same and you can flip a coin over who gets the free one.  Also look at this deal this way - 3 installable sabers for $500 means $166 a saber....how can that deal be beat.  IF you dont want your SID, you can sell your FREE SLOT as you wish...so there will be enough for all.

As soon as I have firm information on these - I will post - those that sign up at Subscribe to our Newsletters will get first crack at purchasing, immediately, and all 3 of these will be ready around late September to October time frame. 

I hope you love this 2017 saber run idea

Offline yodadawa

• No Force
  • From Spain loving ligthsabers
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2017, 10:31:27 AM »
I think it's a very good idea this extra prize for people that contributes to support this run from the begining.

Offline bruno1067

• Padawan Learner
  • Size matters not
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2017, 11:51:24 AM »
Well, I found about the saber community almost 2 years ago (So, still relatively new) and didn't think he had trouble gathering the minimum quorum for 2016 runs. I didn't want a crossguard and neither a second LS6 but, since I was willing to pay for a Sid anyway, I'm sure it won't be hard to find what to do with the third saber.

It's not a bad deal. Not at all. I just hope they continue being awesome!

Offline Psab Keel

• Master Force User
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2017, 01:21:25 PM »
Will the cross guard 2.0 be a solid enough design to duel with?

retrousse