fiduciary

Author Topic: SOLVED: ANH Vader conversion to Plector pixel Prizm 5.5. Fonts are looping!  (Read 1068 times)

Offline Blackcowl

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
OK I hope someone reads and post on this. I cant get a post reply anywhere at least reply, someone, anyone where I can get help!!@! At least I am getting views....:(

I am currently I hope, almost done with a Black Series Vader conversion for my 501st ANH Vader in progress. I have now powered and connected everything up with alot of problems in between with a build a lot more stressful than I thought it would be.

I bought a Vader's Vault Pixel blade. With all the pricing and shipping to Australia, it was cheaper this way. I decided not to include a recharge switch or RICE adapter.

I have a problem with either the Prizm 5.5 Config and Override or both so anyone can post theirs for me for optimal Vader blade settings, Kylo Ren's and even Anakin's would be fantastic!!!

I am using the original sliding latching clamp switch to activate the blade and mounting a new momentary tactile switch in the modified bulb release.

My saber seems have an issue with a Switch setting for the AUX or the wiring of it as the system keeps cycling through the fonts. My ACTIVATION/IGNITION switch will still turn on and off the blade though. My negatives are both connected independently to a shared single GND and the other is on the ACTIVATION pad and AUX on the AUX pad.

I am so close but cant get it. Was eventually able to stumble it out for other problems even though it took a few weeks in total to find a starting point. Cant find anything on this problem yet. It is making a project that is a couple of hours at most into days now weeks...

Need help urgently as I cant figure it out. Been a very exhausting build for me.

Any help is really appreciated.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 06:24:55 AM by Blackcowl »

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
remove your aux switch wiring totally and see if it stops skipping your fonts. Be sure to clean the pads and remove solder and check for remaining strands of copper.
It seems you have a wiring issue with that switch or the switch itself making contact and acting like it's pressed

Offline Blackcowl

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
I started it up disconnecting both switches and activated them by touching the loose ends together. Thought it would be either the shared negative wires that I connected to a single wire to the GND pad or a setting issue. I will de-solder the AUX wire tomorrow and see how I go.

Thanks for the advice.

Offline Blackcowl

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Thanks Erv!

Looks like a single strand of wire was crossing. My eyesight isnt great even with glasses so was difficult to spot.

Seems to all work great now!

All I need is some kickass settings for Vader in particular and Kylo and Anakin to switch between their heritage.

Is there anyone who has some great settings to use or a resource I can go to which does.

Thanks heaps!

retrousse