fiduciary

Author Topic: New Plecter Labs Saber for Celebration Europe  (Read 9081 times)

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
Re: New Plecter Labs Saber for Celebration Europe
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2007, 05:26:45 PM »
 ;D
     Hey erv
         One day I would like to have just a smit of your knowlege!!Goodness your're a lightsaber master mind!!I watched that video three times with my mouth open lol!!Great work and a master saber at that!! :o :o :o

Offline Jedi Knight Logan

• MASTER OF THE HURRICANE FLURRY
  • Master Force User
  • "Have lightsaber, will travel....."
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2007, 05:32:30 PM »
Any idea what a saber like that would run in U.S dollars?

"A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack..."

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2007, 05:54:27 PM »
 ;D
     I guess around five hundred dollars or more for that art piece lol ;)

Offline Jedi Knight Logan

• MASTER OF THE HURRICANE FLURRY
  • Master Force User
  • "Have lightsaber, will travel....."
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2007, 06:17:09 PM »
Hey Master Kenobi! :) wow, that's getting up in the range of an entry level katana. :o Still, I think I see a Plecter saber in my future, those blaster deflect and cutting sounds are awesome! ;D

"A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack..."

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2007, 06:23:36 PM »
 :D
    Man oh man you're not kidding lol!!Did you check out the video which shows him changing sounds in the saber lol!!That saber is insane lol!! :o :o

Offline Aluke123

• Master Force User
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2007, 08:03:23 PM »
Any idea what a saber like that would run in U.S dollars?

a lot. the sound card is 140ish, and all the milling will totally bump up the price. my guess would be around 600  :o

Lord Maul on TCSS

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2007, 12:42:35 AM »
Hi there !
well, the sound changing features is included in crystal focus V2, it's not something special. It's in the board that cost $130 or so. As well as the bargraph thing. LEDs are not included, but the "outputs" on the board are there and you have now on the SD card a LED sequencer that allows you to describe how your pattern evolves among time, on 16 stages, then it loops, or it can be random, but you still select the timing, therefore you can produce random + non linear timing patterns, like almost static for 10 sec, then really fast changing lights, then slower, then back to static. Takes like 40 seconds to set that on the SD card.
For each requested feature I got from customer or from personnal ideas, I tried to implement it so that it could fit everyone needs. It would have been silly to just propose random blinking LEDs cause other people would have like scrolling one. Now with CF you can choose. This is the very FIRST aim of the board and the general "philosophy" / direction of my designs. Something made for and toward the end users, not just for my own use or pleasure. The best example is the activation button. I  was "against" the momentary button. Not safe enough I said. I got "harrassed" by a customer who wanted a push button for activation. I said ok, let's make a new parameter for that on the SD card. Now you can choose to activate CF with 3 different way. A normally open switch, a normally closed swith, or a normally open momentary button. My last saber has a momentary button btw  ;D ;) (do what I say, no what I'm doing, said my mum for a LONG time, ahem.... héhé)

And about the machining / cost etc. Well, I can't sell it for the price of the time I've spent on it... just because I'm xxx slow on machining since it's not my main knowledge and activity. At the end of the month, it will be only one year of pratice. But anyway, with a reasonnable amount of machinned aluminium parts + time for the design and assembly, I'd say 400 euros. With blade, but maybe not with the charger (add like $25, it's li-ion charger). => $535
Of course I can machine such a saber to match an ultra or TCSS blade, it saves you bucks for the shipping and some of you might already have a blade. Well, my new bulk of blade are the same diameter than US ones, so... it does not really make a difference.

but I didn't say I was selling it  ;) nor that I'll propose a custom saber service with fully machined aluminium hilts... I'll have to quit my regular job to do that.
Erv'

:D
    Man oh man you're not kidding lol!!Did you check out the video which shows him changing sounds in the saber lol!!That saber is insane lol!! :o :o

Offline Louis

• Master Force User
  • Hello from France;)
    • Here is my website, based on my comic book.
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2007, 01:18:11 AM »
Awesome LightSaber Erv! Your practicing increase your skills and level each time!

Each Saber is a new step to a higher level! Congrats!;)

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2007, 02:07:55 AM »
thanks louis !
you'll see the saber in person tomorrow, I'll bring it ! (and we'll take a few pics for the crowd)  :D
Erv'

Awesome LightSaber Erv! Your practicing increase your skills and level each time!

Each Saber is a new step to a higher level! Congrats!;)

Offline Louis

• Master Force User
  • Hello from France;)
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2007, 02:44:03 AM »
Wow! I was about to ask it to you via email! Could you bring the one you did just before? The same one you did for kit Fisto???

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2007, 03:04:26 AM »
I don't have those sith saber in stock, despite the fact that I'm working on 4 of them but none are advanced enough to be shown... I'll bring Telum Infensus instead ! and maybe my obiwan ep I
(for the crowd, Louis is an incredible comics illustrator, and we meet about sabers, for sure, but for a dedicace of an album as well !)

Erv'

Wow! I was about to ask it to you via email! Could you bring the one you did just before? The same one you did for kit Fisto???

Offline Louis

• Master Force User
  • Hello from France;)
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2007, 12:57:09 AM »
Wow! Just WOW! I've seen the baby with my owm eyes, and it's really amazing! The hil is just beautifull, and very well balanced, the sounds deep and loud, the blade very bright, and all the adds, really impressive!

This is a rolls!!!

Offline arcana

• Experienced Force User
    • Light Saber Archives
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2007, 11:50:53 PM »
Very nice.  I'm extremely impressed with the sound/everything board and the overall saber construction is very well made.  If you do decide to make custom machined sabers, please let us know. =)

Enjoy celebration Europe!  I just got back from CIV and it was a very good time.
“In my experience, there's no such thing as luck.”

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2007, 05:25:28 AM »
Version 2.5 of Crystal Focus can use the 4 blinking LEDs of the bargraph as a loudness indicator when playing music  ;D :D
VIDEO !!!
Audio Player bargraph on a Saber

Enjoy,
Erv'

Offline Sidneyious

• Alias......Ninja of the Mist
  • Master Force User
    • Blog of my saber builds.
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2007, 07:09:16 AM »
Hay erv I was reading that you can sellect it to use 3 different switch types. now if one uses a momentary switch do you have to hold the switch the whole time to keep the saber on? Or is it like ultras board where you hold it for a second and it turns on then just let go?

retrousse