fiduciary

Author Topic: Arduino Brewboard saber  (Read 5830 times)

Offline Red Leader 4

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Re: Arduino Brewboard saber
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2019, 03:03:14 AM »
Update. Changed the main button to a latching switch which has been tested. Got these new batteries which i fully changed before using but no change in the board or the button lighting up. But when i placed two batteries together and used them i gor tge dsplayer to light up. Is that a good sign?

Anyone made a brewboard saber before? Or have pictures of tge set up i should be aiming for? I learn better from seeing better.

Cheers

Offline JakeSoft

• Experienced Force User
  • The Arduino Jedi
    • Universal Saber Library
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2019, 07:10:01 AM »
Unless you mean you are using it as a kill switch to cut power to the entire saber, you need a NO (normally open) momentary button for your main switch. A latching switch should not be wired to the Brewboard's switch pins.

Offline Red Leader 4

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2019, 01:25:51 PM »
My mistake it is a momentary button am using.

Offline JakeSoft

• Experienced Force User
  • The Arduino Jedi
    • Universal Saber Library
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2019, 05:30:49 PM »
My mistake it is a momentary button am using.

Ok, that's good. Without knowing about the switch you are using, I don't know if it is wired right or not, but the solder points on the edge of the BrewBoard look clean enough. I can't tell what's going on with the wiring for the main power, it's hard to make out what's going on there. If you get power lights on the Arduino Nano and the DFPlayer, then probably there is not a short there.

What happens if you press the activation button? Nothing? With the blade disconnected, there should still be sound. If the LED doesn't blink and no sound plays, it acts like the Arduino isn't programmed. It should be doing *something*. If you've got a multimeter, probe the accent LED pin on the Arduino and see if it is going high once in a while in short bursts. There should be a short pulse every 2 seconds when the saber is idle.

retrousse