fiduciary

Author Topic: NEW LEG!!!!  (Read 2727 times)

Offline Amptrooper

• Master Force User
  • Imperial Royal Arms SaberSmith AmpTrooper Sabers
    • Imperial Royal Arms
NEW LEG!!!!
« on: June 04, 2010, 06:10:17 PM »
Here is my new leg! My boss and I have been working on this special design for months! This new technology that we invented is amazing in what it can do. It allows me to walk up and down hill by way of heel toe just like my real foot ( you can't do that with normal sockets). I can run, walk backwards (also not able to do in other sockets). It is 10 times stronger then steel and 3 times lighter then carbon! This is not a normal set up for a socket. It took lots of trial and error and research. We used all kinds of products and one time thought we had it but, nope. So, all that adds up as far as cost. But, now it all has paid off! I went with the Lego Star Wars them because well, all the Star Wars fabric is being replaced right now with Iron Man. So, I used a cool kids shirt that has a mesh pattern like a sports jersey. I think it turned out really cool looking.
Video coming soon!

Offline Wolfen

• Master Force User
Re: NEW LEG!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 06:21:35 PM »
Look awesome Amp! Sounds like it can do some pretty awesome things too.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"-Ben Franklin

Offline Obi Wanabe Skel

• Padawan Learner
  • You can just call me Skel
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 06:23:29 PM »
Pretty impressive specs and functionality. Nice work, gotta be happy with that and the Lego Star Wars theme looks really cool too  ;)

"My ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere." - Master Yoda

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 06:44:53 PM »
Corey that new leg rocks.  Awesome graphics.  I don't see a stormtrooper on there though.  ::)  :D

Glad to see it's helping to restore your life to normal.

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 07:10:16 PM »
Wow the impressive functionality you describe is every bit as cool as that looks with the Lego SW theme.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 07:15:41 PM »
I am so happy for you! I just don't know how to say it with any more enthusiasm or sincerity.

Talk about lemonade out of lemons! 

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline nartules

• Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 07:17:53 PM »
Nice amp, its nice to see how saber peeps can come up with solutions for everyday needs and concerns, have you guys planned on patening the design pattern.  If it works better then anything else on the market it would be great to bring it to others in need.

Time will bring the real end of our trial.  One day they'll be no remnants

Offline Senti Xamas

• Master Force User
  • When the light is green, the trap is clean.
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 08:06:14 PM »
It is so cool to see the advancements in prosthetics. It sounds like this new leg won't let you be kept down anymore. Congratulations Amptrooper, adding the Lego star wars is just more icing on the great cake!

Offline Amptrooper

• Master Force User
  • Imperial Royal Arms SaberSmith AmpTrooper Sabers
    • Imperial Royal Arms
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 08:11:20 PM »
Nice amp, its nice to see how saber peeps can come up with solutions for everyday needs and concerns, have you guys planned on patening the design pattern.  If it works better then anything else on the market it would be great to bring it to others in need.
Oh yes! We are looking in to it! That is why I cannot tell y'all more about it. There are many new features that have never been done before on this with materials that are not used in this manner. Our goal of course is to change the way that prosthetics are made. This design besides allowing someone to walk better and do more of the things that they use to do or even take on new challenges also promotes in healing. So, if we have someone who commonly gets sores, this is perfect for them. We already tied this set up on one other guy before me. He was getting very painful sores and in grown hairs on a weekly basis. He has been in this socket for three weeks now and is fully healed and has had no sores!!!
This is about helping people for us and not so much the money however, I did get a raise out of this as well!  ;D
I just want to say thank you to all of you. Y'all have been there with me from the start of all this. You have seen me struggle with the possibility of maybe having an amputation to the days leading up to surgery and were here supporting me after and all through the journey after the amputation. Though some days are still better then others as far as pain and so on, I am very blessed to have friends like you that I can always turn to for an ear or that encouragement to get up and get going. Thank you! I am proud to be part of the FX family!
God bless you all!

Offline DARTH MAUL

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • At last we shall have our revenge....
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2010, 08:44:53 PM »
That is just awesome, Amp. I'm really glad for you to have improved mobility and I hope you get all the success that can be had with taking the prostetic even further!

Offline Jasher Kain

• Master Force User
  • A Knight of the Old Republic
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2010, 09:58:38 PM »
This is great, Amp. I think it's so cool how you've taken this situation and turned it around to be a blessing to many lives.
God does work in mysterious ways, doesn't he? ;)

Offline cannibal869

• I dub thee Darth..........Lecter.
  • Master Force User
  • NUCLEAR POWERED JEDI at work!!!
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2010, 01:26:13 AM »
Strong work! Looking good - nice to see that there is still innovation in the realm of prosthetics.
Hopefully you've already patented everything, so the next step would be to market it and take
over the world!! (or at least make some decent coin)...  ;)  ::);D

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2010, 05:43:58 AM »
Amp: I remember you arguing with the doctor in favor of the amputation while he was trying to get you to reconsider. I never had any doubts that you knew the best route for you, and it's turned out that this will affect so many more lives in a postitive way.

I consider myself very proud to know you, even if it's as a fellow forum member and collaborator!

Keep up the good work!

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline Jin Ke

• Master Force User
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2010, 07:49:29 AM »
Very cool!  Congrats!  Functionality and great looks, all in one package.   ;D

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2010, 09:11:31 AM »
Corey, what awesome news!  Both for you personally and your improved functionally, for your raise, and for what this will contribute to others.  This is full of win!  Congrats :)

Facebook: VVFB

retrousse