fiduciary

Author Topic: Lego saber information  (Read 3290 times)

Offline Acerocket

• Formerly known as Wat Tambor
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
Lego saber information
« on: February 17, 2013, 09:49:42 AM »
Since Obi-Wan Kenobi posted his Lego saber for sale, I have been deluged with requests for a run of these.  The orignal posting is buried a few pages in on my section http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=21459.0 back from late 2010.  The picture links are broken because I no longer have the website they were hosted on, but the thread is still there.  At that, like now, many people said they wanted one, but a few months later when I posted the run thread http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=21485.msg395798#msg395798 there was barely any interest.  So little interest in fact that I abandoned the run.  Maybe it was because at the time, if it didn't have sound, it was not a good saber.  I don't know, but I just remember there being no interest when the run was announced.

There seems to be sufficient interest, but then again, there was also interest in the Rebellion Jacen SOlo and that got barely 10 people onboard.  If there is truly interest, I will look into doing another run down the road.  With the introduction of the Nano Boscotti and single li-ion cell operation, it could probably have LED and sound capability.  But, I can't do the run for a while.  I already have the Rebellion Jacen Solo in progress, I will be starting the AwesomeSauce run shortly, I have plans for another run this spring, and I still have a couple other projects that I need to try and get to this year.  All I can do is have a look and see if it might be possible to fit in sometime, but I would not expect it any time soon - maybe not even this year.

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
Re: Lego saber information
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 10:37:49 AM »
I'm interested, but you know this from our talks about it.
my .02
I know the acrylic blade was made to be accurate to a scaled up lego saber, BUT it means the the saber is only for show and not any dueling or spinning due to the brittle nature of acrylic.
If a reducer could be supplied, that would work a 1" blade, I think more would be likely to purchase.

With the Nano and CS being options for install, I think this would be a nice hilt to have. Who knows? Perhaps a CF-LS could be in the works by then that would fit. 1.5 string blades could be made to provide a balance between form and function.

/subscribed to thread.
 8)

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 11:05:50 AM »
To me the acrylic blade was part of what made the saber so I'd like to see it remain.  But JANGO's idea of an adapter to make it also hold a 1" blade for versatility is a great idea!  I think that, with the possibility of sound, will make this one a winner :).

Facebook: VVFB

Offline Iggy

• Formerly known as Polarcupz
  • Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 12:59:34 PM »
I am interested and willing to pay now if need be.  :D

I am not really sure where the Jacen got so much attention. A bunch of sabers were shown off in the rebellion thread, so it may not have been just that one that people were after. I know I was interested in the others, not really the Jacen.

As far as the lego goes, I would love to see a run happen. I was second in line, second too late to pick up Obi's Lego saber.  :'(
A string blade version would be awesome!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 01:10:54 PM by Iggy »

"I think, therefore I am. I destroy, therefore I endure."

Offline Nihillus

• Force User
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 01:20:55 PM »
I would love to see a run happen with the ability to do both an acrylic blade and the one inch option.  I wish I was around for the original one to have helped get it going.

Offline Clark Kent

• Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 01:51:37 PM »
<raises hand> count me in, ill be on the run too. deposit ready  8)

Offline COUNT DOOKU

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • The Count formerly known as Sollus Vir
    • Calvary Custom Sabers
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 01:54:36 PM »
I have no preference as far as an Acrylic blade goes.... For me, it would be strictly for show alongside my Ultimate collector's x-wing.

If you offered a stunt for ~$250-$300 I would be first in line. Or, at least be among the first to send monies to you. And that is a promise.

However, ,I completely understand your hesitancy. Frankly, from the reactions of seeing the Jacen saber, then seeing the amount of deposits... I was shocked at the lack of interest when it came time to put money down.

We'll love you either way, what ever you decide.  8)

Pass on what you have learned. Strength. Mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. We are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters. ~Master Yoda~

Offline Wariwen

• Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 03:26:21 PM »
I would be so interested especially at the original "I can offer these without the electronics included for $175.00 each with one blade." I would be down for two with a downpayment tonight  ;D

Please excuse my spelling, my level of excitement to post outweighs my ability to spell check =)

Offline Acerocket

• Formerly known as Wat Tambor
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 04:52:11 PM »
I would be so interested especially at the original "I can offer these without the electronics included for $175.00 each with one blade." I would be down for two with a downpayment tonight  ;D

Don't know if that price is still possible if I do a run.  Aluminum prices have risen in the past year (a big jump right after the 1st of this year) and I have no idea if the acrylic prices are the same or not.  I will have to reprice materiasl and supplies before I can say what a possible price might be.

Offline Iggy

• Formerly known as Polarcupz
  • Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2013, 06:00:40 PM »
Just wondering what the minimum order quantity would need to be for this to actually happen. Do you have a number for this Wat?

"I think, therefore I am. I destroy, therefore I endure."

Offline Clark Kent

• Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2013, 06:20:34 PM »
dont worry Watt, you do your thing, put some numbers on paper and let us know.

when you feel its do-able, you can tell everyone on the forums and see how many are interested.

if there are enough people who are willing to throw down a deposit and start the run. 

you got yourself a Lego run again.

Offline Galaam Rendik

• Force User
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2013, 01:08:06 PM »
What would this saber look like? Could someone post a picture of what we're talking about?

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2013, 01:17:01 PM »

Facebook: VVFB

retrousse