fiduciary

Author Topic: Debugging iSaber  (Read 1472 times)

Offline Grigori

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Re: Debugging iSaber
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2020, 11:55:25 PM »
OK so weird... I have five tracks, checked them all and they're all labelled correctly and in lower case, 1 channel, 22,050 and 16bit. I think I was CMD+C and CMD+V previously as I usually do with any file, but I wasn't doing that on purpose and so tried again a couple of times and swapped the wav files around just in case. Still wouldn't work.

Then I copied the files onto a USB, transferred from that USB to the SD card via my friends old PC rather than my Mac, and now it works! So appears to be some issue happening specifically on the Mac device (thought my mac is 7 years old also and the only machine I've used on the saber since I got it until this week).

So hurrah it is now working, thanks so much Erv! But so strange that it won't work on one machine but does on the other.... Is there anything else I could check that may interfere when using the Mac? 10.13.6

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2020, 11:59:41 PM »
not so "strange": macOS brings hundreds of ghost files (.dsStore) on the SD card and boards of that era have limited directory scanning depth, resulting in not finding the track files

Offline Grigori

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2020, 12:18:19 AM »
OK, thanks so much for your help Erv. I'll use other machines if making changes in the future, and keep thinking about the need to update!

retrousse