fiduciary

Author Topic: Customizable Illuminated Crystal Chambers Order Thread  (Read 23658 times)

Offline Jm419

• Master Force User
  • Owl Thread Survivor #19
    • The Star Wars Custom Miniature Database
Re: Customizable Illuminated Crystal Chambers Order Thread
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2010, 06:58:07 PM »
Ok.  Cordaroyfog's build is complete, and ready to ship.  That means we can move on to the next person on the list: Nartules.  If you're still interested, let me know, and we can begin the design phase right away.

Offline Jm419

• Master Force User
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2010, 10:00:28 AM »
So, Nartules has asked that his spot be placed on hold.  Unless Cloudxen wishes me to begin work on his December order, we're open for anyone who's interested; I can begin working right away!

Offline Jm419

• Master Force User
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2010, 03:40:46 PM »
Updated with link to Cordaroyfog's review of his chamber.  Thanks again, Cordaroyfog!

Offline Lucien Kane

• Master Force User
    • youtube channel
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2010, 12:06:19 PM »
Where do you find the crystals? also I would imagine that a colored crystal wouldn't light up as well would it? if I just wanted a crystal that didn't glow the specifications would be pretty small eh?
\"A lightsaber - any weapon - only achieves worth in how it is wielded - in the effort, the struggle of one who holds it.

Offline Jm419

• Master Force User
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2010, 12:22:32 PM »
Actually, the colored crystals don't light up quite as well as the white ones; the light gets filtered more than it does in a clear crystal.  As for "specifications," do you mean size of the chamber?  If that's the case, then, yes, the chamber would be fairly small.

Offline cordaroyfog

• Master Force User
  • Just your friendly neighborhood Fog...
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2010, 12:23:29 PM »
True, but the the aqua aura crystals IMO give it a nice deep blue color and also look great when the chamber is off. Fleabay is your friend for crystals.

Offline Jm419

• Master Force User
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2010, 01:08:15 PM »
True, but the the aqua aura crystals IMO give it a nice deep blue color and also look great when the chamber is off. Fleabay is your friend for crystals.

They do look much nicer in display mode than the white crystals, yes.  I do like how the LED matches the crystal; that's always a nice look for the chamber. 

Cordaroyfog, you know what I forgot to do?  I was going to take pictures of both Version 4.0 chambers next to each other, but I forgot.  Oh well, lol.

Offline Lucien Kane

• Master Force User
    • youtube channel
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2010, 05:25:33 PM »
Actually, the colored crystals don't light up quite as well as the white ones; the light gets filtered more than it does in a clear crystal.  As for "specifications," do you mean size of the chamber?  If that's the case, then, yes, the chamber would be fairly small.

Haha that's what I was trying to say, was that the colored crystals wouldn't light up as well. Anyways, I was just wondering because if I do end up making crystal chamber lightsabers I think I still want to keep the hilts somewhat production size... which would be difficult to do and cram a crystal chamber inside. So if you cut out the LED, and have the crystal as the same color it works out... it's just not quite as snazzy as the ones with LEDs... Show off... in all seriousness though Jm you make a really nice crystal chamber from what I can see... I wish I could have a few of you guys come to Oceanside and apprentice me in the ways of sabersmithing... I would take a vacation to do that! I'm honestly thinking about using my GI bill to go to college for machining and electronics.
\"A lightsaber - any weapon - only achieves worth in how it is wielded - in the effort, the struggle of one who holds it.

Offline Jm419

• Master Force User
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2010, 08:10:19 AM »

Haha that's what I was trying to say, was that the colored crystals wouldn't light up as well. Anyways, I was just wondering because if I do end up making crystal chamber lightsabers I think I still want to keep the hilts somewhat production size... which would be difficult to do and cram a crystal chamber inside. So if you cut out the LED, and have the crystal as the same color it works out... it's just not quite as snazzy as the ones with LEDs... Show off... in all seriousness though Jm you make a really nice crystal chamber from what I can see... I wish I could have a few of you guys come to Oceanside and apprentice me in the ways of sabersmithing... I would take a vacation to do that! I'm honestly thinking about using my GI bill to go to college for machining and electronics.

Lol, I'm just a college kid myself with some basic tools.  I can tell you how I make these, if you want to learn how.  Just PM me and I'll basically send you a build log.

retrousse