fiduciary

Author Topic: FINALLY! Overlord Mega Update!  (Read 46583 times)

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
Re: FINALLY! Overlord Mega Update!
« Reply #165 on: August 13, 2009, 09:51:46 PM »
It has been stated over and over again that US will commission another run to replace these. What you perceive as a lack of action or updates is false.
I am the Ultrasabers liaison and have been posting any updates I can. I represent them on these forums in this capacity. Alex has posted his position on this issue in this thread.
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=17776.msg284950#msg284950
It has not changed.
This situation has been debated in the council almost daily.
Several calls/emails between Yoda, Ultra and myself have occurred.

We are not sitting on our hands.

We do care about your plight and the funds you have spent on this run. You will not be written off as a loss. That is ridiculous. Ultrasabers has always stood behind it's products. I would not Rep them otherwise.

Some of you may have noticed my store is pretty much closed until 08/31/09. I am only taking JQsabers installs and direct Ultrasabers US soundboard installs at this time, to prepare for OV installs. The delay is now hurting me as well, and I tire of it. GREATLY.

I will ask again for your patience, and trust that I will post confirmed info when I get it.

edit.
I don't turn away V2's. I enjoy them to much. Bring it!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 10:00:55 PM by JANGO FETT »

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
  • All things serve the Beam...
« Reply #166 on: August 15, 2009, 01:42:01 AM »
Jango, I don't mean any offense here, and I do appreciate your efforts to try and keep people calm and rational about this, but I think it has gone on long enough at this point. I think that asking for patience has run it's course. We've all been patient, to a fault. Automobile companies can manufacture and release new models of cars and get them to the street faster than these sabers are going. In the end, Ultra needs to take action. The time for debates, calls and conversations is long past. It's time to do something. Past time, actually. I don't want to see Ultrasabers lose their money on these sabers, but I don't want to hear them tell us to hold on while they work things out, either. That link you posted was from June. On June 30th, Ultra posted the following:

You can count on me to make things right just like you always have.  If I need to, I will drop everything and make an entire new run of Overlords just for you.  If you don't want one anymore, I'll refund your money. Simple as that.

In the next couple of days I should have more information for everyone.

Since then, nothing. Even if they were to decide to do another run, there are no US2.1 boards to install in them, as last I heard, they were all gone. So that would mean what? Waiting for another run to be machined, then waiting for new boards to be manufactured? We might see our sabers by 2012 at that rate.

I'm not trying to be difficult, and I'm not being unreasonable. None of us are. I just think that, at this point, we need a resolution. Whatever that may mean. I think we deserve it.

The really sad thing is that I don't trust any of the reassurances any more. So far, none of the things promised about this situation has come to pass. You say we're not being hung out to dry, but I have yet to see anything to prove otherwise.

Please don't take this as a personal attack towards anyone, as that was not my intention. It is merely a call to action. A call that will either be answered or ignored. And the response will tell myself and everyone here looking for their sabers exactly where we are in the grand scheme of things, and whether we'll see these sabers in our lifetime...
Honor the man who falls by the sword,
But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #167 on: August 15, 2009, 05:27:43 AM »
I know you all want what you paid for but has anyone asked for their money back?  Alex is quoted as saying he will give your money back, simple as that.

I totally understand the frustration of not knowing and the extremely long delays but you are not being hung out to dry.

Offline Rion Ozryel

• 50% Ri, 50% On
  • Experienced Force User
  • Evil is just a point of view
    • The Galactic Sweatshop
« Reply #168 on: August 15, 2009, 05:52:14 AM »
Actually Luke, I did ask for my money back a couple months ago. But since the US 2.1 install was handled through The ORA part of this site and not the UltraSabers site, ( it was not yet on option on the US site) I was only offered the price of the Overlord itself - $139 back. That would still leave me $214 in the hole. $119  for the board, $85 for the install, and $10 for the upgrade. So, $139 back out of $353 spent? Even though Derek was an Ultra sabers employee and we were all urged to have the boards installed by one of Ultra's liaisons. Not quite worth it IMO. I'd rather wait to have the Overlord with the US 2.1 installed that I paid for.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 06:11:44 AM by Ri-on Ozryel »

“We seem to be made to suffer. It's our lot in life.”

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
  • You think I'm mad? Guess what,... I'm Darth Matth!
« Reply #169 on: August 15, 2009, 05:55:03 AM »
With money back,... does that includes all the money?
-Install batteries -inhilt charge,and so on,...
We had to pay extra for all this options.

I do have the whole list from what I payed in my e-mail administration, so that's no problem.
I only hope others have that too.

Look, I rather have my Overlord, but if this takes longer than the end of October, than I go for the money back.
If Ultra knows that now already, than I want to know it also, so I can choose for it now.
But still,... will I get the whole amount back???

Signature teleports you to my lightsaber collection

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #170 on: August 15, 2009, 09:56:23 AM »
Good points, and exactly the problem I'm having. I have 2 overlords in the queue, with 2 US 2.1 boards and install. That's nearly $600. Who takes care of what there? And IF the decision is made to make more Overlords, what about the soundboards? If there are no more 2.1s around, and Ultra is unable to recover the ones Tyranus has/had, are we going to need to wait for another run of those as well? The fact that all of these questions are going unanswered is why I feel we're being hung out to dry here. And at this point, every mod and rep can come here and tell us we're not, and it wouldn't mean a thing. Sorry guys, but Ultrasabers isn't your company. Ultra needs to be the one making that call, and the one coming here and telling us what's going to happen. And so far, all I've heard from anyone for months now is "wait". For what? For how long? How many times will we be told to wait for a couple of days, or a couple of weeks, only to be strung along for months? It's time for a resolution. And until it happens, I will continue to feel hung out to dry. How can I possibly feel otherwise?

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #171 on: August 15, 2009, 01:15:53 PM »
Reaver I don't want to pick any fight with you or anyone but do you really think comments like
"We might see our sabers by 2012 at that rate" and "whether we'll see these sabers in our lifetime" are helpful? I realize thats giving voice to frustration and many of us feel that with you but I really don't think we are talking about such long terms as that, do you?

For all we know Ultra may have already machined replacement Overlords and just be waiting on the next run of Ultrasounds to install in them...if so then he is waiting on Novaconceptions just as we are...I really don't think he would delay this another day if he had the means to resolve it immediately, do you?

I accept Jangos reassurance things are moving forward behind the scenes and I'm glad he's waiting for CONFIRMED word before he tells us what is going to be done...until they KNOW something definite to tell us it wouldnt help any of us for them to tell us things they cant be certain of eh?

So I'm going to keep faith and be patient. Afaik there WILL be another run of Ultrasounds THIS year not 2012 so I believe this will be made good.

To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #172 on: August 15, 2009, 01:38:18 PM »
No offense taken at all, Onli-Won. We all deal with frustrations in our own way. I know the 2012 is a bit extreme, but considering that this has been going on for 2 years, it's not THAT much of an exaggeration...

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #173 on: August 15, 2009, 02:17:23 PM »
Where are you getting 2 years from. It has barely even been a year since the third run was announced on August 11, 2008, 01:35:24 PM

I looked it up.

FYI there is already another run on the Ultrasound. If we go the replacement route the OV will get 2.2's

I do not know what Ultrasabers policy will be on the fees paid to DT for the installs should you seek a refund.

Several Sabersmiths including myself, have offered to donate their time to completing the installs on the OV. This includes a redo of the third run.

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
  • You think I'm mad? Guess what,... I'm Darth Matth!
« Reply #174 on: August 16, 2009, 10:24:03 AM »

FYI there is already another run on the Ultrasound. If we go the replacement route the OV will get 2.2's

Several Sabersmiths including myself, have offered to donate their time to completing the installs on the OV. This includes a redo of the third run.

Ehh, can I accept this as an anouncement for what we shall receive to fix this?
Because if that is the case, than things are quit far already.  (That's good news right)
Can I let the stress go and have trust again, or are we talking about 'maybe solutions' here?

I'm not really sure how to take this last Post of yours Jango Fett.
Is Alex standing behind this also?
Can I alow myself to get that happy feeling again like we had when this Overlord run just started and we where among the ones that where on the list.
If this is a YES,...
Well people of the Overlords,   let us accept this as if we just payed the whole thing and now we only have to wait for, this good guy's, to receive the hilts and boards and put it together for us.

I sure as xxx can use a little happyness again on this part of the forum.
I also want to hear the name of Ultra again, and really think of the good stuff.

Will Alex confirm this?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 10:27:54 AM by Darth Matth »

Signature teleports you to my lightsaber collection

Offline Darth Akira

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #175 on: August 16, 2009, 06:52:20 PM »
my patience ran out awhile ago, anyways i trust alex(ultra) to come through, they havent let me down once in the numerous bs i have endured

i would really like to get this saber finally this year, i dont want a refund, i put too much money and time into this, also i traded up a brand new luke rotj force fx to get on the list so yeah its costing me more than the normal

i also hope derek finishes this so we can just get our sabers and move on

im just annoyed with the amount of bs and money loss ultra sabers must take IF derek doesnt pull through, im sure alex will be pissed because it will cost him money, but until we get an actual notification that our saber is being shipped via ups usps etc then no i wont have any patience at all still i also feel for the bane customers, they have been waiting 2x as long as we have

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #176 on: August 16, 2009, 09:43:34 PM »
I just think it's sad that it has gotten to this point. Right now, the only thing I would believe about my sabers being shipped IS a UPS/FedEx tracking number. We've all heard too many "check's in the mail" promises to believe otherwise.

Offline Gmar

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #177 on: August 17, 2009, 08:07:21 PM »
Where are you getting 2 years from. It has barely even been a year since the third run was announced on August 11, 2008, 01:35:24 PM

I looked it up.

Jango, you continue to be a Huge help here, there is no disputing that, but I believe your dates are wrong.

For me, I got on the Overlord Wait list on 11/11/2007 when a slot opened up.  I know others have been on the list longer, which is probably where the two years comes from.

I paid for my Overlord on 8/18/2008, so it has been a full 365 now.

I believe most of the old posts have been deleted, which is probably why they cannot be found.
Here are a few that remain:

If you're on the list for an OverLord, your wait is almost over.

I have brought another machinist on board and I will now be able to complete this project before Halloween.

All the parts for the OverLord are now in stock.  They will be assembled and shipped out soon, except the ones waiting on sound boards.

We're basically trying to get all the non sound OverLords out before Halloween.  When the Ultrasounds release, I will be installing the ones into Overlords for those that want it in there and have paid for it.

It may not be two years, but I don’t think anyone can dispute that it has been a long wait, and all promised deadlines have come and gone.  For me, I always appreciate the updates.  However, it is only deliverance of the items already paid for that will restore our shaken trust.

MTFBWY,
-Greg

Offline Darth Akira

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #178 on: August 17, 2009, 09:22:29 PM »
gmar is correct

DARTH TYRANUS
Grouchier than ever
Manufacturer
Master Force User

Re: overlord
« Sent to: Darth Akira on: December 13, 2007, 10:37:59 PM »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Darth Akira on December 13, 2007, 03:50:57 PM
hey ok cool, do you know what color discs come with it?

can you change my order to

Darth Akira - Collectors Edition - Lux V Guardian Blue + Ultrasound + additional MLS Adegan Silver

thanks

Will do, sorry I haven't gotten the extra stuff on there yet...

Anyway, the Adegan silver typically comes with 12 different color discs. The included colors can be seen here:

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/pc-633-15-12-colored-discs.aspx

This is the link to the TCSS page, but Ultra uses the same discs.

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #179 on: August 17, 2009, 09:45:24 PM »
Nice work finding those posts, guys. I don't have any of my PMs from that long ago, because the mailbox fills up so fast. I'm not sure if any of the remaining Overlord Order threads are still around or not. Either way, the wait HAS been long...

retrousse