fiduciary

Author Topic: Personal build installed  (Read 1555 times)

Offline grif

• Padawan Learner
Personal build installed
« on: July 19, 2019, 04:58:07 PM »
Sorry for spamming recently. Won't be the norm. This is my personal saber just installed. Built mostly from Romans parts. I'll be posting good pics after a few other details are finished. Video is mostly to show off the switch setup. I made a special bushing to fit wind vane in emitter to be strong. I reinforced the thin neck from inside. Booster was bored and adapted to thread directly to grenade. Thanks for looking.

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN
Re: Personal build installed
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 05:42:19 PM »
That is great and I dig the use of the lever and bent tube for switch activation.
I really like it except... that little embroidered looking greebly under the glass eye  :angel:

Don't hate me for it...
I feel the styling of just that one delicate part detracts from the much more purposeful
accents like the Vader wire holes, control box and the mechanical details etc...

The hard edges of the obiwan grip and edges of the graflex shape are very purposeful and look great together.

But other than that one single part that is so very nicely done and it all looks like it is meant to work together
so again very nicely done and in-universe.

Thank you for posting that  :cool:
MTFBWY
always
YODA

Offline grif

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 06:15:04 PM »
That is great and I dig the use of the lever and bent tube for switch activation.
I really like it except... that little embroidered looking greebly under the glass eye  :angel:

Don't hate me for it...
I feel the styling of just that one delicate part detracts from the much more purposeful
accents like the Vader wire holes, control box and the mechanical details etc...

The hard edges of the obiwan grip and edges of the graflex shape are very purposeful and look great together.

But other than that one single part that is so very nicely done and it all looks like it is meant to work together
so again very nicely done and in-universe.

Thank you for posting that  :cool:
MTFBWY
always
YODA
I don't mind at all. We all have different taste. One of the things i love about building sabers. I felt that the ornament mixed with the other details gave it the look of being made when saber tech was new and highly reveared as an heirloom. I always appreciate others input and MTFBWY as well.

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 06:57:23 PM »
Ahhh I see and appreciate the nostalgia of it so that works for me now :afro:

Hmmm I do wonder if an MPP style plate with the laser cut star wars aurebesh font
in your initials would be nice a nice touch as an alternative or even for customer
customization if you produce any more of them  :cool:

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2019, 07:18:57 PM »
Cool buttons and button placements my man

Offline grif

• Padawan Learner