fiduciary

Author Topic: Crystal chamber led behavior  (Read 1176 times)

Offline Darkmatter73

• Experienced Force User
  • Um...Hello?
Crystal chamber led behavior
« on: February 21, 2018, 06:43:10 PM »
Hi all.
I'm having a bit of trouble getting this just right.
The result I'm looking for is pretty normal: having the chamber pulse the last color I selected in idle, and match the blade while blade is on.

The chamber ( even in the proper accmode ) seems to be sequencing like the other accents, blinking and whatnot instead of a solid color matching the blade.  The pulse seems fine, although it doesn't change pulse color when the blade color changes.

What setting am I missing to match the pulse color to the last selected color?

Also, it's not mixing colors quite right. The red or blue by themselves are fine, but don't mix purple for example. The main led's are mixing no problem, just the accents are not.

Using a CF9 + Cex
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 10:11:19 PM by Darkmatter73 »

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
Re: Crystal chamber led behavior
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 02:15:11 AM »
If you are using colour profiles then the board will use the crystal chamber colour profiles defined in the override file.
For each colour profile provided in the default package we provide a as close as possible crystal chamber profile but this has to be adjusted to your accent LED as obviously there is no match in terms of hue between your power energy and your accent LED.
The provided crystal chamber crawler profiles are just the same as the high power LED profile just napped to a 0-1023. Proportion of the mix has to be adjusted depending on your accent LED.
If you get some mixing issue for the accent LED it's probably because you have a quite large Ford voltage difference between each die.
You also need to adjust the accent resistors so that the right current goes in each die of the accent LED.
Finally if you want blade matching accmode must be set to 1 in leds.txt so that it doesn't do any sequencing but rather blade mirroring.

Offline Darkmatter73

• Experienced Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 09:38:04 AM »
Ok I made some progress.
I removed and resoldered the wires on pads 5,6,7, it's no longer blinking with pads 1-4. Must have been bridged there between 4 and 5 ( the red ).

I will play around a bit with the chamber color profiles a bit and see if I can sort this out, the red still is not mixing very well.
I had calculated 70 ohms resistance for the red, the closest I had was 65 ohm, reading 67 on my multimeter. Is that still too low?

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 01:41:55 AM »
Special accent modes work only on accent pads 5 6 7 and 8
If the red doesn't mix well you first need to find out if it's too bright compare to green and blue or if it's too dim.
Red forward voltage is quite different from Green in Blue.
I can't find out the resistors for you as the forward voltage of the accent LEDs have to be measured first or in the case of Accents you can use a ballpark from the data sheet
I suggest you first play with the accents using a 3.3 volt supply and adjusting resistors to play with the mix. It's not surprising if the red washes out the other colors. If that's the case you will probably need to increase a little bits the red resistor.
Obviously if you used the same resistor for all three dice you will never get a proper mix

retrousse