fiduciary

Author Topic: A spinning and striking pratice drill - By Caine  (Read 886 times)

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
A spinning and striking pratice drill - By Caine
« on: September 17, 2012, 09:24:41 PM »
I am always thinking of new drills, routines to incorporate into not only my saber combat classes, but for myself as well when I practice.  So here is this rather simple drill that begins with very basic spins into strikes, and slowly climbs to more intermediate techniques. I am using what I call the "Lego Principal" which is starting with a foundation (metaphorically, that big ol' green piece!) and stacking more and more blocks (techniques) on top to make something really cool. This is done using spins that are taught by Bandit-Jedi and incorporated into the NCSCS system, as well as NCSCS basic strikes 1-10.

Basic spin into strikes #1, #2
Basic spin to inverted hand switch, coming "around the world" to #3, #4
Basic spin to inverted hand switch to same hand saber toss to #5 (or #6)
Basic spin to inverted hand switch to same hand saber toss to switch toss to #7, #8
Basic spin to inverted hand switch to same hand saber toss to switch toss to Obi/Ani to #9, #10.

Of course this is just a pattern. You can mix, match and vary it so many other ways. It's not the ONLY pattern, but it IS a pattern.  ;)

I am using a Vader's Vault Fury saber for this vid. It is perfect for the types of spins, etc. that I am performing.

Enjoy!

« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 09:26:43 PM by Caine »

Offline C-3P0

• Formerly known as Dave316
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
Re: A spinning and striking pratice drill - By Caine
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 09:50:42 PM »
Awesome video Caine, thanks for doing that :) love the saber too ;)

The second saber toss you do (switch toss) is where I struggle. I need more practice...

Offline Nick Knight

• Experienced Force User
Re: A spinning and striking pratice drill - By Caine
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 12:12:01 AM »
Always amazing to watch a master at work.
"A correction added to one’s store of knowledge. It was a thing to be grateful for, not something to take offense at. "
"Choose what is right, not what is easy"

retrousse