fiduciary

Author Topic: FINALLY! Overlord Mega Update!  (Read 46228 times)

Offline Senti Xamas

• Master Force User
  • When the light is green, the trap is clean.
Re: FINALLY! Overlord Mega Update!
« Reply #135 on: July 30, 2009, 02:49:18 PM »
I guess I should chime in even though my wait is not for an overlord. I am waiting on Derek's end of a trade deal between him and I EIGHT months ago! Not nearly as long as the banes, or overlord's but im steamed as well. I traded him an Anakin ROTS for a conversion on my Luke ROTJ. I sent both sabers, and he told me he was done with the Luke, and it was shipping out. That was eight months ago. What action can I take in this because its not a saber run that im getting shafted over. The Luke ROTJ is no longer produced, and has tripled in price since I bought it new at $75. I dont think its Ultra's responsibility, but Derek was employed by him at the time of the trade.

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #136 on: July 30, 2009, 03:18:48 PM »
Senti Xamas, I feel for you  but, this is not the thread for you air your grievances on a private transaction you had with DT. This is for the members that have purchased Overlords.
We have a section for Feedback in the Trade Federation.
Or a thread could be started here in ORA

I dont think its Ultra's responsibility, but Derek was employed by him at the time of the trade.
DT was also a mod here as well, wanna go after Yoda? ::)
Alex cannot be held responsible for private transactions he knew nothing about. It's Ludicrous.
It's been stated several times over that, if it gets to the point another run needs to be commissioned for the Overlords, a forth run will be made.

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline Senti Xamas

• Master Force User
  • When the light is green, the trap is clean.
« Reply #137 on: July 30, 2009, 03:54:25 PM »
Ok, point taken. Good luck to all for getting their sabers.

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
« Reply #138 on: July 31, 2009, 03:58:23 PM »
I'm waiting on two Overlords (plus, by extension, the two CF boards that are going with 'em).

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #139 on: July 31, 2009, 05:06:45 PM »
Once again, if you are not involved please stay out of the thread.

If you are involved keep it clean. We hope to have an update for you soon.

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
  • All things serve the Beam...
« Reply #140 on: July 31, 2009, 10:43:10 PM »
An update would be most welcome... An update saying we'll have our sabers by oct would be even more welcome!  I'm joking, of course.
Honor the man who falls by the sword,
But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
  • You think I'm mad? Guess what,... I'm Darth Matth!
« Reply #141 on: August 01, 2009, 05:01:33 AM »
Well by looking to the list that is grownig each day, even I get drepressive.
All of this is growing way above his head.
Even when I'm healthy I cannot see the clear sky anymore.

I refuse to believe this is a before thought of scam.
Derek wanted to do thing for people, but it grew to much.
Wanting to do things and really being capable of getting it all done, is something differend.
He took  way to much  on his shoulder, I believe.

It's clear he has money problems, and even sending stuff back to Ultra or you people, he don't have the funds for it, thats clear.
The install money and shiopment money is gone, and he has nothing to go with.
Sending new shipmentmoney wont help, cause I think he has finally something to eat when it arives.
Being sick and looking to the mountain of work thet needs to be done, will make you even more depressive.
Something else needs to be done.

I'm living to far from him and the costs will be so much more than the Overlord, otherwise I would go to him and sort things out for him.

Is there anyone who is living in his part of town, who has the time to help him out.
There was some kiond of help for him with the Overlords a few moths ago.

Maybe for Ultra it's possible to go to him cause the amound of Hilts and Boards will pay of the journey.

Signature teleports you to my lightsaber collection

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #142 on: August 01, 2009, 05:57:02 AM »
An update would be most welcome... An update saying we'll have our sabers by oct would be even more welcome!  I'm joking, of course.

It's not much but I phoned Derek thursday afternoon and left a message for him to call me.  I offered to help him in anyway I could.  I have not received a reply yet.

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
  • You think I'm mad? Guess what,... I'm Darth Matth!
« Reply #143 on: August 01, 2009, 07:20:36 AM »

It's not much but I phoned Derek thursday afternoon and left a message for him to call me.  I offered to help him in anyway I could.  I have not received a reply yet.

That offer is very kind of you.
Maybe there are more who can help?

Signature teleports you to my lightsaber collection

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #144 on: August 01, 2009, 09:48:13 AM »

And that's what is so frustrating about all of this. Even when he was actually answering IMs and e-mails, when things were bad but we were all just assuming the delays were caused by illness (which I no longer believe is the case), I asked him on several occasions to send my stuff back to me. Not because I was impatient, but to get my 2 Overlords off his bench, and trim some of his workload. I gave him a UPS account number, so he wouldn't have to pay, or even go anywhere, they'd come to his door and get them! But every time I got to saying that, our conversation would abruptly end, and I wouldn't hear from him again for days or weeks, at which time the whole subject was like it was never discussed. It was after a couple of those instances, that I started to realize that something really smelled wrong with this situation. There were indicators previously, but this isn't the place for the long, drawn out story...

My point is, even offering to do everything but come to his house and pick them up personally gets no response. when it's to that point, there is something seriously wrong, and I'm not just talking health/financial...

Offline Serafel

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #145 on: August 02, 2009, 01:36:40 AM »
Waiting for one overlord and one installed US 2.1 here.

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #146 on: August 02, 2009, 04:25:40 AM »
Yep, the old scammer sure is here.

Not that anyone would actually read anything I send, post, or call anymore.  Not like I would actually blame them. 

You know, now I can see why some others put in this position have felt non-obliged to reply in the past.

I find it quite humorous that most of the people raising such a stink here are ones that came to this site well after I was established here as a trustworthy person.  I gain NOTHING from attempting to scam anyone.

I find it amusing as well that many of you know my home address, telephone number, First and Last Name, and the exact item of yours that I have in my possession. But you have not the cajones to CALL ME.

Do you really think it as my intention to become ill, and then lose my mind trying to play catch up, so that my name does not fall into the same ranks as Jedi Saber Smith (NOT to be confused with JON JUDGE, who is a reputable sabersmith and a helluva guy!) A.K.A. Equinox?  YES, I AM Name dropping here... How about DarthVaderUSA, or any of the other names used on ebay to bilk people of their money?

Not that any of you really give a xxx, but I JUST spoke to Jango Two days ago on the phone about what we can do about getting this whole childish mess taken care of. I also have spoken to Yoda, and explained this as well.

Mr. Alex Buckner will be receiving a call either Monday or Tuesday as well. Just as soon as I work out some other details.

Let me get to the point.  I really screwed MYSELF by lumping SHIPPING charges with assembly fees up front.  That causes some issues when the work is done, and all the parts that I had to foot the bill for eat up all the shipping money, WELL BEFORE THE POSTAL RATES NEARLY DOUBLE. Then Getting sick.

Perhaps I haven't been on to update, because I was not able, nor was I feeling well.

I have a LOT of International stuff that has yet to be labeled because it is EXPENSIVE.

I also have piles of sabers that I KNOW need to go out. AND YES THEY ARE FINISHED SABERS.  No one knows this more than me.  Do you actually think I am proud of being so far behind?

Do you REAALLLY think that I would give out my home address and phone number freely if I were trying to scam anyone?

Want my Driver's License number?  How about my Social Sec number, Re-enlistment code on my DD-214?

I can save you all the xxx trouble right now, so that you won't have to pay for an intellius search.

And before you even say anything about identity theft (like any of you care at this point... I know I wouldn't)... They can have my xxx identity...  I have a Mortgage, Two car payments, Student loans, a horrid credit rating, and a less than stellar Military record, not to mention child support and a divorce under my belt...

Take the xxx Identity... It won't get you far, trust me!

NCIC will turn up nothing, then you will all have to signal nine your butts back into posting tripe like this.

Seriously, THIS is why I stay up nights not able to sleep.  Worrying about how I am going to reap what I sow and make amends, and then have you all lambaste me.  Then you wonder why I get so xxx irate?

Yes, I KNOW that this will probably get axed by a Mod.  But xxx it, I have put up with a LOT of crap from a lot of people INCLUDING MYSELF, MY FAMILY, AND MY FRIENDS because of this...

By the way... I AM STILL HEALING, and am seeking the help of a psychologist, as well a s a marriage counselor.

Thanks for asking.

More updates to come as Jango, Ultra And I work this out. And YES YODA IS IN THE KNOW ON THIS!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 04:48:51 AM by DARTH TYRANUS »

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #147 on: August 02, 2009, 05:13:01 AM »
Thank you for the update. Truly.

I don't consider you a scammer and never did...I want you to know that right up front.

I think its horrible that the MachinedFX debacle has created an aura of suspicion in this hobby that has unfortunately  been put onto you incorrectly.

Your name does NOT belong in the company of those you have mention.

I can absolutely understand how the up front shipping has caused an issue for you...what is one small cost for us individual purchasers becomes a huge expense at your end across many items especially if rates change in the meantime...I can undertand that.

For my part I am willing to pay for any shipping costs for my items, whether that was paid 'before' or not, if that helps you expedite things. I don't know about anyone else but I am.

I'm glad things are moving forward and will look forward to future updates.

I am also glad you ARE healing...I hope you continue to do so QUICKLY until you return to FULL health...and I will divulge about myself that I have been in Psychotherapy for 30 years and it can be helpful and hope it is for you...a good 'Shrink' can do wonders believe me. I'm sorry to hear about your marital difficulties. I hope counselling helps with that too.

Peace and Good Luck, and meant in all sincerity MTFBWY as you recover.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline CybKnight

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #148 on: August 02, 2009, 06:46:53 AM »
I am with Onli-Won on this one. And if shipping have gone up, I don't mind paying the difference.

I know people were frustrated, but it is time to let go of this now. Let us be friends, or at least not enemies.

CybKnight - Saber fanatic
---------------------------------------------------------
--=Sabers=--
---------------------------
AwesomeSauce X11000 #17 & 18
VV Starkiller run 2 #17
SC/VV Qui-gon TPM
Orbital Machining Obi TPM #3
Yoda's Graflex V 2010 version
Yoda's Obi Wan TPM Negotiator #2
Yoda's Qui Gon TPM Ambassador #1
JSS Starkiller
Many, many MR sabers.
Multiple MHS parts and hilts for future projects.

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #149 on: August 02, 2009, 09:15:34 AM »
Derek, for the record, I never thought scammer either. I know you had the sabers and parts, I never doubted that. My fear was that something happened to them, or you lost them somehow during a move or some other ridiculous scenario my head devised. If that had happened, I know I would be in a hole somewhere, trying to figure out what to do about it. I think My biggest mounting frustration was the lack of communication, seemingly from any direction (other than Jango, who has been ever faithful to post and try to calm the mob), and the terrible possibilities of why that would be. I'm glad you're doing better, and I'm glad you're posting again. As I've said on many occasions, simple updates are a huge method of mob control.

Keep healing. Work on the sabers as best you can, take help from those who offer, and continue to stay in touch. I'm sure the mountain of sabers is huge, but you should never have felt like you had to tackle them alone. And you still don't. As for shipping, I'll still be happy to let you use my ups number, to avoid any costs on your end. If you need it again, let me know.

We've always been here for you. Angry and frustrated of late, yes, but still here. Many hands are still outstretched to offer help, take them. You know how to reach me if there is anything I can do.

retrousse