fiduciary

Author Topic: Telum Infensus Upgrade, 10W Led Engin + wireless sound  (Read 8326 times)

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
Telum Infensus Upgrade, 10W Led Engin + wireless sound
« on: October 04, 2008, 10:29:19 AM »
That's not a really new one, but I've upgraded Telum Infensus with a 10W Led Engin (thanks mad hatter). I also decided that it was time for me to own a real demo kit for my sabers, including wireless sounds with my omnisabers system.
I therefore include the wireless system in the saber so that it can have in-the-hilt sound AND wireless sound. Depending on your taste, habits and use, you can get both sounds, just in the hilt, or just wireless, thanks to the mute settings of CF.
I've also reworked the omnisaber software so that it plays also both force fx sounds (force + force clash) and multiple blaster sounds. I have further ideas for this system that is developping gently, mainly used by professionnal sword teachers and stage combat professionnals.

The wireless link is indicated in the speaker chamber by a smd green LED (very discrete but very efficient).

The whole system with my technical suitcase (2 receivers, cables, chargers etc). The demo setup will soon be installed in the same case as my Alien Pulse Rifle, with blade & spare, hilts, chargers, parts, tools etc.

Telum Infensus in a daylight lit room

The 10W aren't used totally, it's running at about 60%. I chose to have the 4 dyes wired in parallel to have the benefits of a low overall forward voltage, hence longer autonomy. The dye is about 4V @700 mA, so this can be barely achived with just a 2 cell li-ion pack. Since I do demos during convention, I prefer stamina to ultimate brightness for obvious reasons. The sabers is supposed however to have 216 lumens versus 160 lumens for a lux V.
The optics is a lux III one mounted on a modified holder. Since it's now shorter than a stock lux III holder, I used a O-ring inside the optic housing as a spacer.

Enjoy the pics,
Erv'

Offline madcow

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
    • Genesis Custom Sabers
Re: Telum Infensus Upgrade, 10W Led Engin + wireless sound
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 10:34:26 AM »
You slay me!

That's awesome Erv. I forgot about your wireless system. I'm going to go to your site and look it up right now.

MC

Offline Anatim

• Force User
    • Saberproject
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 12:56:05 PM »
wow :o
very, very cool!
how about a video;)

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 12:59:32 AM »
I plan to get the demo at FACTS 2008 filmed  ;)

Offline vortextwist

• formerly known as vortextwist
  • Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 06:53:02 AM »
that'll be awesome to see.

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 10:38:06 AM »
I've been a fan of this design for a long time. I love the youtube videos.

This is a really cool saber and the green blade is very nice. Hopefully one day I will see a fully powered-up 10W LED engine saber.

retrousse