fiduciary

Author Topic: Master Replicas Darth Vader ANH V2 FFX Lightsaber  (Read 9173 times)

Offline HAN SOLO

• Jedi/Alliance General aka FX-Sabers' "The Most Interesting Scoundrel"
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Meet my business parter. His name is DL-44.
Master Replicas Darth Vader ANH V2 FFX Lightsaber
« on: May 04, 2007, 02:57:29 PM »
"You're powers are WEAK old man." 8)

This FFX is any but! Well, I have to say, MR did a great job on this Lightsaber. "Impressive.....MOST impressive."

MASTER REPLICAS DARTH VADER FORCE FX LIGHTSABER

BOX

This is the new trend now with MR. I like it and hope they don't mess this up. I like how it advertises the upcoming sabers, such as the Luke ANH, (which I doubt will show something new after the Luke ANH) but am curious in regards to the indication they might still be selling the Mace AOTC? The back story is cool, but Qui-Gon never taught Anakin. It has the post-Maul TPM better foam fit and is secure. It is smaller in size than the giant 2003 V1 box. I think the colour of the V in the anniversary logo is cool, just as was Yoda's. (Matching the saber colour)

4.5/5

BLADE

Average blade length, width, tip. But that is the only things average about it. I found this blade stronger, has a whiter film of all the Gen 3s and it is brighter. I still find my 2003 redder to the naked eye, but on camera, it is rorange. :P The 2007 is not as red to the naked eye as the V1. ;D It is more durable than the majority of the blades. (Except Maul TPM) The blade seems to be locked in tighter than than most of the sabers.

5/5

HILT

This what the hilt of the lightsaber should feel like. HEAVY. Now most may argue that a lightsaber's hilt should be light. However, according to starwars.com, the energy blade is conical in nature and spirals upwards. (I can think of an example of this from Tai-Chi......The energy that comes from the earth is said to spiral up through the body's joints, thus creating a body so rigid and powerful, that is it unbreakable.) But because most forms of energy have no weight, the hilt should compensate. This hilt is perfect for that. It is a very good single-hand fighting. It fits beautifully in the hand also.(See pic)  I am reminded of my buddy's fencing foil. This will be one that is difficult to do the parade twirls that most people do with the sabers. The saber's centerfugal point is closer to the middle of the hilt, rather than the top. Also, the hilt is closer to the real hilt than the 2003 model. About an inch shorter. I just don't like the silver ring in the emitter. MR went from a nice ribbed ring to the flat ring that looks out of place....cheap. I can only shake my head here. This is the only criticism I have of the hilt.

4.5/5

SOUND

OK, we all know what the Sith lightsaber sounds of EPs V, VI and the PT. But we are left guessing here. We do not hear the power-up and power-down of Vader's saber in ANH. So, we can only assume it is the Snap-Hiss sound like striking a match. HOWEVER, this is not the case here. So, I will base my opinion and observation as if I never seen any of the movies. The hum is synthetic (Sith crystals), is clear but a little quieter than the Maul TPM. The clash reacts well to the hits. Not too light, but just right. The motion sensors is pretty close to my movements. The ignition is clear and loud, unlike the Yoda, which sounds like my neighbour's power saw.

5/5

OVERALL TOTAL = 19 / 20 (95%)

FUN VALUE

:D

OVERALL OPINION

This is the next to get for dueling saber for me. I never like the Vader sabers, but this one is the tops on my list. If you want to feel the "Power of the Dark Side", this is the saber to pick up. I only bought it to add to my collection. Now I want a second. ;D Well, this is Cin signing off from the peanut gallery. ;)

Have A Great Day,

Cin Drallig  ;D
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 05:32:53 PM by GOVERNOR TARKIN »

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

Offline DarthArn

• Master Force User
  • They'll do their job. I guarantee that...
Re: Master Replicas Darth Vader ANH V2 FFX Lightsaber
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 05:23:54 PM »
Nice review my friend. And i humbly agree that the Vader ANH saber is wicked cool.....besides the recycled sounds  :-

-Jango

- Custom Saber Shop Luxeon
-UltraFX Luxeon

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 05:30:57 PM »
Nice review!

I missed out on the first Vader ANH, and I held off on getting one off Ebay when I heard that they were making an updated version based off the Vader ESB.

Unless you're a collector that has to have them all, I see no reason whatsoever for anyone to consider getting the 2003 model when there is the new Vader ANH.

I like this one better than my ESB by far and I can't wait to add the Luke ANH to go with it.

I would have to say that this is the best Vader FX that MR has made yet. There's just something about this one that puts the Vader ESB to shame, even though I know in my head that they're basically the same saber just a different hilt.

However, the blade in the Vader ANH is brighter than my ESB and the Dark spots in the middle are almost completely invisible to my eyes. I have to literally stare at it for a few minutes before I can even make out the dark spot in the middle and even then, I can JUST barely see it.

In other words, if you're not looking for it, you'll never even see it and that's really cool.

If you must have a Vader FX, this is THE ONE to get, IMHO.

-Joclad

2010...I certainly hope it's better than 2009 was! ::)
10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

Offline Aluke123

• Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 07:01:34 PM »
good review cin  8)

i totally agree with you on the coil thing in the emitter. it's the little stuff like that that bugs me. if i'm gonna spend that much on something that claims to be film accurate, then i want it to BE film accurate. just my opinion

the sounds are as expected. MR will hopefully get a new sound card for once next year

Lord Maul on TCSS

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 07:44:45 PM »
 ;)As I sit back in my chair with the sound of clapping hands bravo-bravo my jedi friend!!That's one cool review and pics!!Great job!! ;D ;D

Offline HAN SOLO

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 09:25:53 PM »
 :-[

I am at a loss for words, Dajo. Thank you everyone. Actually, after watching Master Fisto twirl his saber around with ease, especially two, I have to say, for skilled lightsaber handler, it may be easy to twirl.

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

Offline robiwan

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2007, 04:30:38 AM »
Excellent review. Can't wait for mine to come in. I realy want to see how it compares with my Vader ESB, which may now go Luxeon!
Disrespectful and Condescending to Staff.

Offline Timmy-Wan Kenobi

• AKA Timmy-Wan Kenobi
  • Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee win
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2007, 04:43:00 AM »
Nice review, Cin!  :)

This saber looks awesome!  :o

I am going to have to pick one up as soon as funds become available.  :P

It is a shame that MR have left out the coil spring, I always thought that this was a cool feature onthe original ANH FX.

That said, overall, this looks like a vast improvement on the 2003 model.  8)

Offline HAN SOLO

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2007, 05:02:07 PM »
Looking at the pics, the blades look all warped. They actually aren`t. Well at least the 2007 ANH. Must be the angle of the camera lense.

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

Offline Jedi Knight Logan

• MASTER OF THE HURRICANE FLURRY
  • Master Force User
  • "Have lightsaber, will travel....."
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2007, 07:50:06 AM »
Great Review Cin! :) I'm trying not to get another Vader but I really might have to cave on this one. ::)

"A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack..."

Offline HAN SOLO

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2007, 10:04:55 AM »
Once you get used to the hilt, you may not want any other one.

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2007, 11:15:26 AM »
I still can't believe that they actually managed to make the blade on the ANH brighter than my ESB...not by a lot, but it's still noticable to my eyes and the blade is as perfect as it gets with the dark spots so dim, I have to stare at it for a few minutes to even see them and by that time, my eyes get strained.

It's as good as it gets, period. Af all the FX's I own, this will probably be the one that I don't get converted because the blade is so flawless....this is without a doubt the best Vader FX made so far IMHO.

-Joclad

2010...I certainly hope it's better than 2009 was! ::)
10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

Offline Jedi Tom

• Padawan Learner
  • Twisted by the dark side young Skywalker is.
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2007, 05:44:57 PM »
Mad review and pics nice work man :D ;) :) ;D 8)

retrousse