fiduciary

Author Topic: How did you find the FX-Sabers forum.  (Read 64436 times)

Offline Concept

• Force User
Re: How did you find the FX-Sabers forum.
« Reply #165 on: September 23, 2012, 06:11:40 AM »
Search engine for me, I was looking for light sabers and ended up here. I saw no reason to look further.

Aussie Star Wars fan

Offline kamakazykid

• Gungan
  • Experienced Force User
« Reply #166 on: September 23, 2012, 06:32:34 AM »
I was looking for someone that made a replica Starkiller except for machinedfx since one of my friends was one of those people that paid and never received one. Found a link to the jss run review and been here ever since.

Offline Luis88

• Master Force User
« Reply #167 on: September 23, 2012, 06:42:33 AM »
Was looking for reviews for Force FX sabers and replica hilts using google which linked me here.

Offline Darth Malgus

• Formerly known as Darth Marik
  • Experienced Force User
« Reply #168 on: September 23, 2012, 07:26:37 AM »
Search engine, I was looking for a place to buy custom made sabers and found the forums and have been here since.

" A good leader leads by example, but if that fails, brute violence is just as good!" OverLord II

Offline Veldryne_Drakx

• Experienced Force User
    • River City Jedi (site still under construction)
« Reply #169 on: September 25, 2012, 11:36:21 AM »
ultimately from another forum, and people i talked to there pointed me over here gradually as i was getting more and more into led sabers

now i spend much of my days drooling

"Corellians... no wonder the other Jedi didn't want you leaving your system."
"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

Offline Asoka Tano

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #170 on: June 30, 2013, 10:54:03 PM »
i found it on the internet but didnt join at first. then i talked to a few sabersmiths who all pointed me here. best forum ever! the information is invaluable!
VV Kanan Jarrus ("Dume")
VV Obi Wan CW ("Negotiator")
VV Sith Acolyte

Offline Merik

• Force User
« Reply #171 on: August 10, 2013, 06:14:35 PM »
I'd bought some Ultimate FX sabers and become immediately obsessed.  After beating a couple of those up I started looking at customs.  I was looking into another website for a while.  Eventually I read some random news blog article thing that said this forum was the hub for people doing custom sabers.  Turns out they were right.  :)
You are unique, just like everyone else.

Offline Darth Maledictus

• No Force
  • Saber Staves rule
« Reply #172 on: October 16, 2013, 09:38:58 AM »
When I found out about Ultrasabers, I really wanted one. But they were so expensive. So I went to Toys R Us and got the equally awesome Ultimate FX Darth Maul lightsaber. Upon watching a review of it on youtube, I found out about this place.

Offline DarkJediKnight

• Master Force User
  • InUmbrisPotestasEst--In the shadows there is power
« Reply #173 on: October 16, 2013, 10:10:42 AM »
I found out about this forum from a search engine almost two years ago but didn't actually sign up on it until May '12. I'm really glad I did though! Great people on here, a wealth of information and I've learned a lot in the process. Also bought some outstanding sabers from some very talented people and sold a few as well. This is definitely my favorite forum to check on periodically. No complaints here!  ;)
MR Darth Vader ESB(stock)
MR Darth Vader ESB(converted PC2)                                  
MR Anakin AOTC "Darkside version"(converted CF5)
Yoda Replica Graflex V(CF4)
MR Anakin AOTC(converted PC3)
Hasbro Anakin ROTS(converted PC2)
Parks Replica Graflex ESB/TFA w/glass eye(CF5)

Offline Darkjedi

• Master Force User
  • I love Star Wars so much ,I married her!
« Reply #174 on: October 16, 2013, 11:05:04 AM »
It was by search engine. I was looking at sabers  Goodman and Ro's then popped over. I was on the RPF as a guest for years, then was a guest here for about 3 months.

Offline Justintmars

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • There is some peace?
« Reply #175 on: October 16, 2013, 11:19:03 AM »
I ran accross them looking for tips on converting force fx sabers,
I didnt join or use the forums until my Buddy Steve and Lb custom sabers told me to man up and do more of my own work( in a nice way, he assured me my skills where enough to get by and I just needed to search for tips and tricks on the forums on top of all the info and help he gave me)

I lack self confidence sometimes.... lol

Until 2 weeks ago i still had him doing my drill and tapping for retention screws and covertechs... lol

Offline Mortoff

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #176 on: October 16, 2013, 11:42:30 AM »

I've had a few MR lighsabers and have enjoyed them, but, for years, I had wanted to build a custom lightsaber.  That desire grew stronger when I began playing The Old Republic in late 2011.

As time went on, I started to learn of various saber crafters and metal workers that actually commissioned builds.  Some of them were awe inspiring.  I also became more familiar with some of the major players in the industry, like Vader's Vault.  Learning more about the industry lead to to sites like FX-Sabers and IRA.

I am currently commissioning my very first custom build.  I've been working with Wes at Nocturne Armory since late August and I'm really excited about what is coming together...

Offline Pyromatic177

• Master Force User
  • Don't fight a Pyro. Because you'll just get burned
« Reply #177 on: October 16, 2013, 12:49:58 PM »
From a search engine also. I had 3 MR's for years and I googled 'Lightsaber replica' and found US and then looked more and found this site. Then therefore found the best lightsabers I've ever seen. And the best companies such as VV, LDM, GCS, Ro-lightsabers, and on and on! Lol so many choices  ^-^

Offline aretoo

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #178 on: May 30, 2014, 06:06:02 PM »
Google brought me here! Thanks Google!

Offline Momochan

• No Force
  • Faith, Practice, and Study
« Reply #179 on: October 15, 2015, 06:32:03 PM »
I found the link at Genesis Custom Sabers. Clicked the link and found the best forum every!!

retrousse