fiduciary

Author Topic: The Last Jedi: Love it or hate it (NO SPOILERS)  (Read 4258 times)

Offline generalSkywalker

• Experienced Force User
The Last Jedi: Love it or hate it (NO SPOILERS)
« on: December 27, 2017, 06:30:50 PM »
So, its no surprise that the new Star Wars movie is divisive for various reasons. Without spoilers, lets poll the site to see how us diehard fans feel about the new movie. Feel free to discuss in a non-spoiler way. I dont want to be the guy who started a thread that ruined the movie for someone.
"You have received a great honor, to be on the fx saber forum at your age. It's never happened before"

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
Re: The Last Jedi: Love it or hate it (NO SPOILERS)
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 09:43:56 AM »
I nearly walked out. I spent the first half hour thinking "this must be some kind of sick joke."

Offline Guylo Ren

• Padawan Learner
  • Hi to all,dark side & light alike!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 02:17:51 PM »
Really enjoyed it apart from a section in the middle.Emotional rollercoaster of a climax too.Seen it twice so far,will be going again.Thumbs up.  :azn:

Offline Kanjiklub

• Force User
  • Those Little Freaks
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 02:33:57 PM »
I liked it.The Canto part was less interesting. The last act of the movie was amazing. Very good, but different Star Wars movie. I can see how people don't like it though.

Offline I am a Skywalker

• Padawan Learner
  • I couldn't find a speeder that I really liked
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 11:32:20 AM »
I really enjoyed the film, the audio was very loud in the cinema so it made it a bit more real to me as well I think. I thought the visuals were really good and all the actors were amazing. Although it did make me laugh in TFA when Kylo said about finishing what Vader started as he actually STARTED to be good so surely Kylo should have just been trying to be good all the time :laugh:. I get what he means but I still found it a little funny. I wasn't a huge fan of TFA overall if I'm honest and I didn't feel that some of the CGI characters were right for star wars/didn't seem realistic as star wars characters and as a result I wasn't holding out too much hope for TLJ, but it turned out to be very good so it was a nice surprise for me. I think the acting was still good in TFA and it was definitely through no fault of the voice actors but I felt like the looks of some of the CGI characters weren't quite there. It might just be because I'm used to the costumes and makeup of the star wars characters (or at least that kind of look) rather than CGI ones.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 12:24:28 PM by I am a Skywalker »

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018, 12:14:48 PM »
Everything this movie did... was wrong.

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2018, 12:37:06 PM »
Everything this movie did... was wrong.
No need to expand on this.

Offline Greenie

• Force User
  • Pew pew!!
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2018, 01:28:28 AM »
Now the dust has settled. Who still votes the same as they initially did?

Offline IceSaber

• Experienced Force User
  • Midi-chlorians..
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2018, 02:40:10 AM »
Good visuals, crap plot, crapped on all of the original characters and did them no justice. Also crapped on JJ's TFA ongoing plotlines.

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2018, 05:46:26 AM »
Now the dust has settled. Who still votes the same as they initially did?
I tried to rewatch it with an open mind. I wanted to like it. If anything I hated it even more. I know fully endorse the simulation hypothesis. There only explanation I have for the difference in opinion between the haters and enthusiastic fans is that the great programmer in the sky (the maker?) has shown us different films as an experiment. The scenes are similar enough that we all think we saw the same movie. I'm happy for the folks that got to see the wonderful film they claim exists.

Offline Darth Slater

• No Force
  • Once more ... the Sith will ... ah, nevermind
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2019, 07:55:14 AM »
I enjoyed it during my first viewing, but I tend to turn my critical mind off and just enjoy the ride on the first viewing of any Star Wars movie. After repeated viewings, the movies really doesn't hold up that well. The aesthetics are phenomenal, mostly likely the best of any Star Wars movie, but the story just isn't that interesting.

When I first saw it, I was intrigued as to where it was going, but once I knew the entire plot (with all its twists and turns revealed), it came off flat. There are some cool concepts and the narrative theme is strong and reinforced throughout, but the story isn't satisfying and that's the main problem I have with TLJ.

Of all the Star Wars movies, even the spinoffs, this one has the least amount of replay value for me. It's not terrible, just not intriguing enough to revisit.

retrousse