fiduciary

Author Topic: LDM's Philanthropy contest!  (Read 12629 times)

Offline The Highwayman

• Formerly known as Caden
  • Master Force User
  • Political Thread Pioneer #1
Re: LDM's Philanthropy contest!
« Reply #75 on: January 01, 2009, 08:55:40 AM »
Me too. Here's to hoping that a deserving person wins! ;D ;)

The suspense is killing me. Hopefully we'll have a winner before i go to bed. ;D ;)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 04:55:54 PM by DarthCaden »

"It's obvious that the price of this game cannot be determined by our knowledge of fair market value, but by our skills with a lightsaber." - Obi-wan (Jedimoves)

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2009, 09:07:35 PM »
The drawing is done, the video is recorded, I have the Flu and will upload and post by the end of the week...sorry :th_icon_igiveup:

Offline RogueJedi

• Vagabond Master
  • Master Force User
  • I'm back!
« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2009, 09:16:48 PM »
Sorry to hear you are sick LDM, take your time with the video and posting. Your health is much more important than a saber. ;)

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2009, 11:23:17 PM »
absolutely!  Feel better and take your time with this!  You did a great thing, we are much more concerned with your health over the outcome of the contest!

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2009, 12:50:15 PM »
Thank you everyone for the kind wishes.  I am at work today (I never miss) and the Video will get uploaded tonight with the post on all three forums coming shortly thereafter. :-X

Offline The Highwayman

• Master Force User
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2009, 01:02:03 PM »
Thank you for the update LDM. I hope that you are feeling better soon my friend.

-DarthCaden

"It's obvious that the price of this game cannot be determined by our knowledge of fair market value, but by our skills with a lightsaber." - Obi-wan (Jedimoves)

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2009, 07:33:09 PM »
Okay the results are in!  and the winner is...

Click Here

Offline Master Jedye

• The Master of the School for the Dremel-Fu Gifted
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Master Jedye
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2009, 07:42:43 PM »
My congrats go out to the winner....! 
Well, done, LDM!

First place winner in the 19 BBY \"Mustafar LavaRock Belly Crawl\"

Offline RogueJedi

• Vagabond Master
  • Master Force User
  • I'm back!
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2009, 07:43:35 PM »
Congratulations to the winner, like LDM said, everyone who entered is a winner. ;)

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2009, 07:46:11 PM »
Pooh... I never win anything  :-\
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

MR Sabers: Dual Darth Maul 2006 **stolen** :'(
Grayven "Original"
"The Chosen" by Ben Kenobi
Static RLSA "Nameless" (gift from Vosk)

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2009, 10:29:05 PM »
Congrats on the winner!

Hey, could you post one of the entries he gave?  I'd like to know the philanthropics of other boards!  Makes me all fuzzy knowing Star Wars geeks everywhere give back.

Shaak, I'm there with you.  Every week I put my money in my work's lottery pool, and every week, we don't even win a rock, but still, there's always next time!   ;D

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline darthtater

• Sith Spud
  • Force User
« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2009, 05:40:52 AM »
To the victor goes the spoils...or i should say lightsaber. Good job on the video. Congratulations on winning the saber. Maybe i will have better luck next year lol.

Offline The Highwayman

• Master Force User
« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2009, 12:36:21 PM »
Congrats to the winner. I hope he enjoys his new saber that he will receive.

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #88 on: January 06, 2009, 05:34:19 PM »
Congrats on the winner!

Hey, could you post one of the entries he gave?  I'd like to know the philanthropics of other boards!  Makes me all fuzzy knowing Star Wars geeks everywhere give back.

Shaak, I'm there with you.  Every week I put my money in my work's lottery pool, and every week, we don't even win a rock, but still, there's always next time!   ;D

I sure can!  Kal El Rah (who is also a member here)  posted 2 entries:

#1:

Quote from: Kal El Rah;112305
This is my story;

2 Mothers Days ago, I was at a restaurant, of coarse celebrating Mothers Day with my Mom and Fiance. When we were finished and out in the parking lot ready to get into the car, there was another gentleman looking under his Car Hood because he couldn't get his car started and AAA would not help him because his membership had expired a few days past and his Mother(Elderly) was sitting in the car. Several others tried to help him but could not fix the problem so I asked my Mom and fiance to hold on and let me take a look. After trying to diagnose the problem without any tools handy, I asked him to hold on and let me take my party home and would return with some diagnostic tools to see if I could get the car started. When I returned there were 2 others that had tried but to no success. I looked over the fusses and found that 2 of them had opened, 1 of which was the Main CPU to the car. I replaced the burnt fuses and the car started with no problem. He offered to pay me but I refused. I did show him were the fuses went and asked him for his address which he gave me and Thanked Me. I later sent him a complete fuse kit and a Tech manual for his car. I felt gratified that I could help a stranded driver, especially on such a celebration as it was.

I do believe that the phrase" DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE OTHERS DO UNTO YOU".

I have been helping in this manner for a long time and never expect anything in return.

MTFBWUA and never ask anything in return as it will eventually be returned 10 fold for any good deed done.

and #2:

Quote from: Kal El Rah;112649
I can't believe I forgot about this 1;

Back in 1989 I was flying back from from Houston Texas on a Boing 737-200 series airplane, the flight was supposed to take about 2 1/2 hours, well anyway when we were on approach to LAX the airplane was having problems getting the right wing main gear down. The Pilot announced that they were experiencing mechanical problems and were attempting to correct it. As I was an FAA A&P licensed Mechanic I decided to go to the ****pit and asked if I could be of any assistance. They asked to see my license and agreed. They attempted to cycle the landing gear sequence to no avail, so it was decided that we would use the emergency landing gear release which was located in the middle of the passenger cabin. The attempt was made but the leaver for the release was not budging, we scratched our heads for a few seconds and it came to me to use the fire axe in the ****pit as a lever to help in moving the release handle. The co-pilot tried first but he was not successful(not muscular enough), I took the attempt myself and after a few good yanks the lever moved and the landing gear locked into position. With that accomplished, the co-pilot thanked me and we both returned to our places. The rest of the passengers hooped and applauded that we could land safely, even though we still had to call in an Emergency Landing.After we landed the passengers and I departed the plane on the slides(routine) and I went on my way to the Terminal along with the rest. I didn't think anything about it except that the plane and the passengers were safe. A few days had passed and the FAA contacted me and wanted a debriefing about what had happened. I went to my local FAA office in Los Angeles wondering what they wanted to know about and was pleasantly surprised  to find out that they wanted to give me an Accommodation for my deed. I was given a letter from them and a Thank You for saving the passengers the plane and the crew from what may have been a horrendous out come if the gear had not deployed.

Well needless to say , I felt good about what I did and just chalked it up to destiny for being at the right place at the right time.

I have been an Auto Mech. since I was 16 and received my NTSB DOT License at the the age of 20, my Motorcycle Mech. License when I was 21 and my FAA license at the age of 24.

I do believe that a well rounded education and practical experience is a good thing.

Once again thankyou from the bottom of my heart to everyone who participated!

Offline The Highwayman

• Master Force User
« Reply #89 on: January 06, 2009, 05:46:45 PM »
No, thank you LDM. We were honored to take part in this contest. 8)

retrousse