fiduciary

Author Topic: Review of Caine's MKIII-Re  (Read 2370 times)

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
Review of Caine's MKIII-Re
« on: December 11, 2015, 11:34:04 PM »
Merry Christmas to me with my new weapon.  :grin:

This wonderful Obi-Wan ROTS style hilt by LDM is one that I have been wanting now for awhile. In the past when it came to Obi sabers, I was normally an ANH guy, both building and commissioning several hilts of the like over the years. In one of my recent visits to LDM, I had a chance to take a look at this particular hilt and really liked it's overall feel and the want of an Obi ROTS saber came to be.

The hilt itself is very nice, and it was the brass and copper windvane/neck that really sold it for me. Another true thin necked saber. Bear in mind that before 2011, "true" thin necked FX Luke's and Obi's didn't really exist (except for a couple of personal custom sabers done by specific sabersmiths).

This hilt has the newest version of Plecterlab's Crystal Shard (an outstanding board, perfect for my personal needs) and a nice bright blue blade with white FoC. Soundfonts are by Madcow, Anatim and Sekrouge1985.

Review Vid:
December 11, 2015 - YouTube

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
Re: Review of Caine's MKIII-Re
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 11:40:43 PM »
win !
I still want one but I forbid myself to get into more purchase until I have finally completed what's on my desk, and there are a few !
True thin neck are also my unicorns

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
Re: Review of Caine's MKIII-Re
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 03:22:16 PM »
They are indeed nice.  This is one of the few "product" sabers that I personally own one of.

retrousse