fiduciary

Author Topic: Starkiller Base Superweapon  (Read 2023 times)

Offline djobitwan7

• Master Force User
Starkiller Base Superweapon
« on: September 28, 2016, 02:05:26 PM »
I apologize in advance for a spoiler, but I kind of have to spoil it to ask my question in general. Here goes:

When Starkiller Base unleashes the energy beam to destroy the resistance (or rather the Galactic Senate), it somehow split into 5 individual beams to destroy the 5 planets in the Hosnian System. I only knew of Hosnian Prime for a name. I'm not sure where Starkiller Base was at the time, but people were able to see the beam travel as well and it moved really fast.

So my question is: Was it 1 beam and split or did it launch 5 separate beams and it just looked like it was 1 beam, until it entered the Hosnian System? My observation was it was a one shot kind of weapon, but it fed off a star as well. So, even though it had plenty of energy to siphon away from the star, it could only still fire only once and then have to cool down???

Offline KingOfDathomir

• Master Force User
  • Call me... Old Master
Re: Starkiller Base Superweapon
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 08:36:25 PM »
From what I understood from the Visual Guide, SKB was a hyperlightspeed superlaser type of weapon. It consumes stars to power the dark energy engine inside the planet by absorbing quintessence and converting it into another form of dark energy that can be channeled thru the core's kyber crystals and blasting it out thru the main cannon, after which the beam enters hyper-space. Upon entering a target system, the beam splits off into as many sub-beams as their are targets. I believe this splitting occurs automatically because of the type of energy the beam is composed of.

An interesting note, the Republic and indeed the Empire knew of the planets existence as far back as at least the Clone War, as it was originally from the same system as Ilum, and may actually have been Ilum, though this is not confirmed.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 08:41:11 PM by KingOfDathomir »

Korbanth Sid
Korbanth MW3
Korbanth DM1 v2014
RomanProps Inception Elite
MR 2005 Anakin ROTS LE
Korbanth Duke
HFFX ANH Darth Vader
SF Luke ROTJ Hero
Korbanth Crossguard
Korbanth Graflex v2.0 (Finn-flex)
AHS w/ Crystal Shard v1
Pachstore Shadowblade (SWR Darksaber)
VyleOne TCW Asajj Ventress (3-D printed, 1:1)
VyleOne TCW Pre-Viszla Darksaber (3-D printed, 1:1)
KR Sabers Kenobi ROTS

Offline TrypWyr

• Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 10:35:22 AM »
An interesting note, the Republic and indeed the Empire knew of the planets existence as far back as at least the Clone War, as it was originally from the same system as Ilum, and may actually have been Ilum, though this is not confirmed.

SPOILERS!

I love this idea. In the book "Ahsoka", she goes to Ilum to get new saber crystals only to find the Empire there ripping up the planet. Rumor has it that the Death Star may have been powered by a big crystal. How cool would it be that the same planet would then become Starkiller base for the same reason?

Offline darth hondo

• Master Force User
  • there can only be two
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 01:03:22 PM »
I'm intrigued by a possibility of a dark energy lightsaber, and whether dark energy may have anything with the dark side of the force.

It's bit over the top. Dark energy is something no one has idea what it is and how they can be even detected, let alone convert from one form to another.

Almost as bad as the reason how Solo did the Kessel Run under 14 parsecs on the Millenium Falcon.  Parsec is a unit of distance not time :angel:

« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 06:49:13 PM by darth hondo »

retrousse