fiduciary

Author Topic: The Mordred by JQ Sabers  (Read 685 times)

Offline Guylo Ren

• Padawan Learner
  • Hi to all,dark side & light alike!
The Mordred by JQ Sabers
« on: May 24, 2020, 12:09:23 AM »
Hey all,I've also put this on TRA but figured some of you here would appreciate it too.

I post this with sadness after the recent news of Susan from JQ Sabers passing away.I feel it is correct to share this saber in her honour,as it was thanks to her that I became aware of it while we were speaking via email about another project a few years ago.She mentioned it as one that Daren had just completed & asked if I would be interested,so after seeing a pic & some details I jumped at the chance.
This saber is one of JQ's own Caliburn Master models; it is a one-off special that Daren made,& I was lucky enough to bag it.It's powered by a Crystal Shard v3 by Plecter Labs,running a tri cree amber/amber/white LED,28mm bass speaker,illuminated main & aux switches,real leather grip wrap & brass covertec wheel.It also has RICE & recharge ports,& was fully powder coated by Daren.He also included six sound fonts with masterfully customised setup of the three LEDs to great effect,& the saber is very loud indeed.
Here are the pics:

The saber had no specific name as such at the time,but over a reasonably in-depth discussion with Susan about its potential origins we agreed that it was in fact a dark side weapon.
As this was before new canon lore regarding blade colours,I was unsure whether it felt more Jedi ambassador or Sith aristocracy.But in Susan's own words,she said she felt it came from,
"An upmarket Sith- old money,posh school," which amused me greatly.I agreed.
As to the name,I suggested she choose it.In light of all the Arthurian mythology in their part of the world,& relating to JQ's own saber lines (for those that know),she opted for one which seemed totally fitting for a Sith saber- a name reeking of ill royalty,betrayal & evil manipulation.
It was a thoroughly enjoyable exchange,& one of my fondest memories of speaking with Susan.She will be sadly missed.
So everyone,I give you: The Mordred.

In memory of Susan Linton.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 01:06:47 AM by Guylo Ren »

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
Re: The Mordred by JQ Sabers
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 01:15:14 AM »
very nice hilt and very cool tribute initative