fiduciary

Author Topic: DSW Marek's Maul With removable "Stock" Blade!  (Read 968 times)

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
DSW Marek's Maul With removable "Stock" Blade!
« on: June 06, 2009, 03:12:06 PM »
This is a Stock maul, in which I honed out the plastic BH near where it connects to the sound module.  I removed the female DIN module from a 2005 Vader and ground it down so it fit inside the maul BH like this:

Then I drilled and countersinked some holes and used the little set pins to hold it in place, routed out the solid front of the sound module so the wires had a place to hide, and connected the module (it looks stock at this point, but the converted goodness is all inside!):

Slid everything back in and voila!

But wait a minute, you say the Vader blade will not fit that maul!  You are correct, so I had to customize the maul blade.  I removed the internals (LED strip and make DIN connector) from the Vader, and slid them inside the Maul blade.  I had to trim the diffuser so the plastic housing that holds the clash sensor and DIN connector would fit.  I wrapped a single wrap of white duct tape around the housing so it fit snugly.  I tapped the 4 holes in the Poly-C tube and inserted 4 set screws to hold the housing and LED strip inside the blade.  Because of the DIN connector, the blade sticks out about 1 cm to far so the module is visible where the blade connects, but it is a small trade off IMO you can see it here:

Well, that's it!  A Maul with "stock" MR blade via DIN connector.

The Glams:

and the Video:

P.S. Here are the sabers for this order (Bane and Maul) from DSW Marek:

retrousse