fiduciary

Author Topic: From Dream to Reality - The Vader's Vault Starkiller™ complete build log  (Read 29099 times)

Offline Darth Smorgis

• Master Force User
I would love to be on the list for a second run.  I must have one of these Starkillers.
When you are ready, I will be waiting.

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
i think you (vadersvault) should do this sort of thing with all sabers and eventually work your way through all the movies/game sabers
a high class accurate best of everything run for each 1...have wat tambor on the machein erv supplying the cfs and a nice exclusive stand from halon.. its a winning formula

i for 1 would be down for every run you do if this is the end result...
and i will tell you why... that starkiller is the absolutely the best saber made..... well its 1 of them anyway

so what big runs you got planned next? if any
tfu2?

JQ SABERS MASTER ORGUS DIN CFX
JQ/LDM/MH GK3 OBI-WAN KENOBI Proffie
JQ MASTER REPLICAS LE SIDIOUS CONVERSION CS3
JQ~OM AWESOMESAUCE MAUL STAFF DUAL CFv7
LDM MKVI LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ REVEAL CFv6
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN EP4 ANH (RUSSREP)CSV4
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX IV ANH CFv5
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX V ESB CFv5
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN REVEAL AOTC CS3.0
JQ~VV STARKILLER #2 RUN1 CFv6 cex
JQ~OM ANAKIN "Skinnyflex" CS3
JQ~TRIDCLOUD ANAKIN AOTC CFv7
SC~VV QUIGON JINN #2 CFv5
OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline STARKILLER

• Lord of the Strings
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • VADER's VAULT MFG
    • Vaders Vault
If I told you all of the cool projects being planned, they wouldn't be much of a surprise would they? :D Rest assured, VV has AWESOME projects in the works that will span into the next year. When the time comes for a second run, we will post an interest list, not to worry. To get this out of the way, there will not be any empties for sale. The cost of doing runs like this prohibits things like that.

Offline Drazhar

• Master Force User
If I told you all of the cool projects being planned, they wouldn't be much of a surprise would they? :D Rest assured, VV has AWESOME projects in the works that will span into the next year. When the time comes for a second run, we will post an interest list, not to worry. To get this out of the way, there will not be any empties for sale. The cost of doing runs like this prohibits things like that.

I would imagine the difficulty of the install would also have an impact, those things are CRAMPED!

Offline RedArc

• Experienced Force User
Awesome build log  :o Thanks for that  ;)

Offline Revan Reborn

• Formerly known as dj2rbo
  • Master Force User
  • SHABBA!!
Empty might be easier for you since it involves less work  :) :) :) Sorry for being Captain Obvious but man I would love one.

Watcha!! Darth Insidious gonna get cha!!!!!

Offline Katarn

• Experienced Force User
yeah, my brother-in-law leaves for afghanistan next week (Navy Corpsman) and i wanted to build him a TFU saber. he's a huge gamer, and i found out he likes star wars so i loaned him TFU for xbox. he was so hooked he asked me for TFUII like 4 days later hahaha
i hope i can surprise him with a saber when he gets back!!! he's seen mine and likes them. and i wouldnt mind a starkiller myself too haha

PLEASE let us know if you do another run!!!
Korbanth LS6 Hero PC 1.6 conversion by LDM (next best thing to the MkVI)
TCSS MHS #1 "Coppertop"
Vintage Graflex ANH

Offline Rafalema

• Master Force User
  • Dancin' with da polar bears
How does the cost of the run prohibit empties?  ???
Through Passion, I gain Strength
The Assassin - MHS Custom, CFv5.6

Offline kamakazykid

• Gungan
  • Experienced Force User
I would like to say thank you to all the amazing people involved in this run. Without you people like me would have not been able to obtain their dream saber. Can't wait to be able to write a review.

Thank you for making my dream come true.

Offline STARKILLER

• Lord of the Strings
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • VADER's VAULT MFG
    • Vaders Vault
Empty might be easier for you since it involves less work  :) :) :) Sorry for being Captain Obvious but man I would love one.

Well, less work for me on the outset yes. However, these sabers go out with my name on them so I want to be sure that every one that does meets my standard of quality. These aren't your typical saber install, it's hours of tedious exacting work to wire one up properly. If you mess something up, taking it back apart would be VERY time consuming.

How does the cost of the run prohibit empties?  ???

Look, I don't have these made in China by the hundreds. They're made here with care by a US craftsman. The price that I would have to sell them at would not attract any buyers for empties, trust me. I'm also not in the business of selling empty hilts, I sell sabers. Complete sabers. Selling empty hilts is a failing business model unless you can sell volumes of them, like Parks etc. That's not what we do. Selling empties would also reduce the collectible value for those who ordered a complete package. The saber becomes that much less special when any average Joe could buy one and attempt an install. Also, I expect that sabers with my name on them have a certain level of quality on them when they represent me. If I screw something up, I can own that, but to have something out there with my name on it that I didn't do doesn't represent me fairly. I don't expect everyone to understand all the complex reasons why we won't offer empties, just suffice it to say that we won't ;).
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 09:19:19 AM by MACE WINDU »

Offline Rafalema

• Master Force User
  • Dancin' with da polar bears
I see, thanks for the clear-up.  ;)

Completed sabers are usually just way out of my price range  :D (plus I love doing stuff myself)
Through Passion, I gain Strength
The Assassin - MHS Custom, CFv5.6

Offline Katarn

• Experienced Force User
i agree. but i love what smiths like mace windu and others do for this hobby. spark creativity, encourage others, increase demand, and best of all, BUILD KICK-___ LIGHTSABERS!!!!  :o ;D 8)
Korbanth LS6 Hero PC 1.6 conversion by LDM (next best thing to the MkVI)
TCSS MHS #1 "Coppertop"
Vintage Graflex ANH

Offline Red 7

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
WOW! What an AMAZING piece of art that saber is!!!  :huh:

I am brand new to the Saber community. This is in fact my first post!
TBH I am finding it all A LOT to take in. One thing that I am sure of is that VV will be who I buy from.

I would LOVE to have this saber, but it appears that they only come out as limited runs...
Do I need to wait for new limited runs to be announced, or are there other options such as commissions?
How would I go about learning the answers to these questions and others such as pricing?

I am sure that there is somewhere else that I should be posting this, but any guidance/answers would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Kappy79

• Force User
  • "...." - Luke Skywalker ,TFA
Posting in a main forum section (like VV or Sith Planet),rather than a specific topic, is probably the best way to get questions answered about a specific smith.  There is also a section (Padawan) for people new to the hobby that will help answer a lot of common questions.  Reading more current posts (unlike this thread from 2011) will give you a better idea of what the current environment is like. 

It is a lot to digest for sure, I am fairly new myself an I spent hours devouring everything I could read once I decided to finally get into this hobby.  Welcome, enjoy and MTFBWY

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
Red 7 we actually have a run of the Starkillers in progress.  Unlike runs in the past, we are waiting until we have them in hand before announcing.  However, we should have them around the holidays.

Facebook: VVFB

retrousse